82 replies to this topic

#31 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:28 AM

ha this is funny i gotta say, Ern i was out of line, theres a weed drought here and im strugglin to keep the head together, you know what its like when you come in from a hard days work and put the pc on and get wound up by some stuff you read on the web. we all got whatever off our chests and are ready to do some sample choppin', which is all good....

josh and folks dont worry too much about jazzur's posts, i know this guy....hes a mentist, i know hes only having a laugh :D

#32 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:30 AM

oh btw 'mentist' = 50% dentist 50% mental

#33 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:41 AM

and i did an Alkololiks remix

Alkololiks? hmm. i think i might have daft eyes.

#34 hot_cocoa

hot_cocoa

flow slow as mongo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

trying to say that word out loud hurts my tongue

#35 Guest_Outlier_*

Guest_Outlier_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:02 AM

Outlier wants to come back into orbit.

No way... I just achieved escape velocity.

#36 Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*

Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:00 AM

No way... I just achieved escape velocity.

really? i went into deep space hydro-pydro a few galloxians ago.

i find that the alpha chemicals do nothing but force you to enter the vortex of gumba, when we all know that glenson is the way to go. glenson opens up your capillaries to the point where satan can rupture the intacts and release your energy, so much so that king harradin can do nothing to stop it, which makes the screen-trip into hydro-pydro much easier.

also, special 788's famous quote "we can only break the untitled PSS if and only if we cancel editor pt. 2GX" is almost obsolete in this day and time. the reason for that is because the gyllixers (not part 1, part 7) attacked the compound and revealed that they are actually minions of gobblox, the evil impersonator. we never give them enough credit though.

:P

but that's just me.

#37 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:29 AM

really? i went into deep space hydro-pydro a few galloxians ago.

i find that the alpha chemicals do nothing but force you to enter the vortex of gumba, when we all know that glenson is the way to go. glenson opens up your capillaries to the point where satan can rupture the intacts and release your energy, so much so that king harradin can do nothing to stop it, which makes the screen-trip into hydro-pydro much easier.

also, special 788's famous quote "we can only break the untitled PSS if and only if we cancel editor pt. 2GX" is almost obsolete in this day and time. the reason for that is because the gyllixers (not part 1, part 7) attacked the compound and revealed that they are actually minions of gobblox, the evil impersonator. we never give them enough credit though.
:mellow:

but that's just me.

What the fuck? Did I get dosed when I wasn't paying attention? lol

#38 jazzur

jazzur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:31 AM

sorry bout that Josh.. dint mean nuthin by it, was all jehst.

Does everybody use software sequencers in this battle or is there a few more beat machine owners?

Me n Bill use MPC2000XL and PCs with logic and sample editors.

and i think its Pencil face with the Boss?

what does everyone else use?

I got a feelin there aint gonna be many entries this week...hope you prove me wrong.

#39 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:12 AM

im out due to work commitments and not being arsed. but i shall return at some point -- maybe next week!! who knows??

#40 quasquasquas

quasquasquas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:38 AM

im out for this week as well , and i have been using fruityloops and audacity , although either next battle or the one to follow i will be using an sp404 ...still waiting for it to arrive at the musicstop here

#41 Guest_Outlier_*

Guest_Outlier_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:37 AM

I'll try and put something together... it's usually on Friday, after 6pm, after working, after kids unload on me, after I eat, etc. It would be nice to have a whole weekend to work on something (hint, hint... have the beat's in by 12am EST on Thursday, Vote Friday, winner have a track ready Friday night or Saturday morning). Some of us have overtime jobs putting together the newest Boeing jet. :mellow:

As far as equipment goes I probably have too much but I'm as much a collector as I am a user (and note I've been a gearslut since 1993)... I've been using an MPC2000 since 1997. I have some older hardware unit's like the S900, S612, and Yamaha's TX16W that I use to color samples with. I have an assortment of drum machines/modules... TR606, DR110, HR16B, ER1, and Kick/Synth modules. Analog boards include... SH101, AX73, and a Pro1. I use an old Mackie 1202 board, and a Bellari tube pre/comp/exciter when I want to mic samples or acoustic instruments, etc. My effects consist of a few old pedals, a couple multi FX racks, and a few analog reverb/delay units, etc. All of this goes through a Firewire 410 card and sequenced with Ableton Live.

The one thing my studio lacks is ME! As my responsibilities have increased over the years, my ME time has decreased inversely. I have not even begun to utilize my equipment or myself to the extent that I want. I lead a very rewarding and fulfilled life but at the sacrifice of creative time. I find time and use it when I can. I'm in it for the journey not the destination.

#42 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:13 AM

older hardware unit's like the S900,

yeahhh, that machine is dope. looks like an old tape deck. haha.

i got a 950. its so fuckin noisy, hi hats sound like crumpled paper n shit.

#43 Guest_Outlier_*

Guest_Outlier_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:08 AM

yeahhh, that machine is dope. looks like an old tape deck. haha.

i got a 950. its so fuckin noisy, hi hats sound like crumpled paper n shit.

like an asthmatic 80 year old smoker

#44 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

like an asthmatic 80 year old smoker

or like someone putting a tent up.

#45 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

im out due to work commitments and not being arsed. but i shall return at some point -- maybe next week!! who knows??

damn...

i'm still rockin' this
Posted Image

:(

#46 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:46 AM

Posted Image

put it in your blunt hole and smoke it...

#47 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:52 AM

man was that a diss? :(

#48 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:41 AM

man was that a diss? :(

not at all... it was a celebration of how awesome i am! im gonna stop conversing with people on the internet i think, its too much of a grammatical mine-field! ...glad you're still digging the remix. there may be more to come in the future - - if i can get out of this beat-making funk i'm stuck in!!

#49 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:27 AM

I've found that beatmaking slumps are cyclical...I can go months without making a beat that I feel, and then all of a sudden I'm cranking out six or seven a week...not sure why though. Seems to be related to the seaons though...

#50 andt88

andt88

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:51 AM

i'm alway blown away by my beats. i don't understand you!!!

#51 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:00 AM

im gonna stop conversing with people on the internet i think, its too much of a grammatical mine-field!

i know....i was jokin' with you....
it'd be dope though, you should do a remix album....it's kinda hard finding good vocals though.

i'm alway blown away by my beats. i don't understand you!!!

co-sign
lol

#52 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:44 AM

ok folks...here's mine for the week: http://www.myspace.com/jukeboxsd

Hit me with feedback...this is the first beat I've made since I created my own kit, so special attention to the drums and feedback on that would help.

Peace

#53 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:03 AM

Hit me with feedback...this is the first beat I've made since I created my own kit, so special attention to the drums and feedback on that would help.

Peace

HA

That Sounds Like an Old School Nintendo Game

Reminds Me Of Toejam and Earl

#54 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:25 AM

Peace

funny chops you have there -- really fun sounding track. the drums dont have nearly enough punch or grit though.... for my tastes, anyway!

#55 Sanka

Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Folding clothes.

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:23 AM

I'm not sure if this is a "beat" or not ... but it's what came out. I haven't been listening to any Hip-Hop lately so I guess I'm out of it.

GREEN @ MySpace

#56 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:27 AM

funny chops you have there -- really fun sounding track. the drums dont have nearly enough punch or grit though.... for my tastes, anyway!

Yeah...I tried to layer a heavier drum from my old FL Studio kit behind the kicks, but I wanted to let the newly aquired samples shine through...what do you recommend to get more out of 'em?

#57 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:45 AM

Yeah...I tried to layer a heavier drum from my old FL Studio kit behind the kicks, but I wanted to let the newly aquired samples shine through...what do you recommend to get more out of 'em?

i couldnt say really --- i dont know the first thing about making beats on computers and whatnot... i guess sample the biggest, dirtiest drums you can find and turn them up a bit in the mix!!

#58 andt88

andt88

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:59 AM

compress the drums. dunno which software you using, but look for a compressor.

#59 Tone

Tone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:16 AM

Peace

yo nice! thats some funky shit, like what you did with the track. I agree with pencilface, id like to hear some real hard drums over those cuts i think that would sound real nice, but its original and I really like it!

#60 Tone

Tone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:19 AM

I'm not sure if this is a "beat" or not ... but it's what came out. I haven't been listening to any Hip-Hop lately so I guess I'm out of it.

GREEN @ MySpace

I like! real laid back and smooth like some cali green. Is that your own guitar you put on top in some parts? sounds good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users