82 replies to this topic

#1 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:22 PM

Seems i will have to self appoint myself the winner of round #13 with 8 votes to Tones 6 if i counted right, anyway lets get on with the beats.....

Stones Throw Beat Battle #14
Rules:

1.Use only the sample/accapella provided, you may add you own beats and synths but no samples from other records.

2.You must post your entry in mp3 format on your myspace/sendspace ect on and NOT BEFORE Friday 18th May. Voting starts Saturday 19th May until Sunday 20th May when the winner will be announced at 10am(est) 3pm(uk)

3.Anybody can join in

I thought i would pass the sample choice over to you folks, so whoever is first to post up a download link to a track in this thread, we use that...is that ok?.....if not i can post something.

Good Luck. :P

#2 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:27 PM

No need to spazz out over the beat battle. Some times people don't get to the STMB fast enough to post the thread or new sample for that matter.....but we've been getting through it ok. Calm down....it's Mother's Day.

At any rate, like I said.....you got it so go ahead. :P

#3 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:35 PM

i wasnt spazzing out, i did see there was 6 people reading the post before, waiting for a new sample i presume. so i did the new post, dont make it sound like enjoy typing that lot out, im doing you a favour........ no, no its ok dont say thanks at any point :P

#4 Tone

Tone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:50 PM

Peace, sorry i posted it on the voting page before but here it is

http://www.box.net/shared/zvuapjekzb

#5 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:57 PM

Interesting choice...working on it right now...

#6 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:37 PM

im doing you a favour........no, no its ok dont say thanks at any point :P

You're not doing me any favors but if you feel like you deserve a thanks then...."thanks"

It's not like I'll get death threats if the Beat Battle #14 thread isn't posted in a timely manner.

#7 Guest_Outlier_*

Guest_Outlier_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:20 PM

You're not doing me any favors but if you feel like you deserve a thanks then...."thanks"

It's not like I'll get death threats if the Beat Battle #14 thread isn't posted in a timely manner.

Yo Ern... You better not sleep on #15 or it's your life!

:rolleyes:

#8 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:39 AM

forget the talking then, lets get on and make beats

#9 Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*

Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:13 AM

Ha, i wasnt gonna bother to reply to that, but you need to know

The way you handled that post thing the other day, i messaged you ages before you put the post up asking you if you wanted me to do it, you ignored my message and instead chose to write some 'Seem as nobody has posted the vote thread for 13, ill have to do it myself' bullshit, what the hells all that about!? im not saying my beats are particularly good, but near everyone else has posted good comments about my beats......apart from you, and seem as your the organiser i find that a little wierd, plus you went out of your way to thank sera for looking after the battle in your absence but not a word to me.....hmm theres a picture forming here.....sounds like sour grapes, too proud to announce me the winner/joint winner of the last 4 battles ern?
death threats, thats a gay comment, really is.....i aint waiting round all day for you to do posts when you feel like it, i just want to get on with a beat or not bother at all with this.
If you want me to step out so you might stand a chance of winning again just say so.....rather than dropping the sarcastic comments and bieng and arse.

PS- I got a couple of tracks i want you to dig out and give the lyrics a thorough listening to
Gangstarr - 'Credit Is Due' & 'Take it Personal' (specially the line 'you shouldnt let your jealousy show like that') :)

ok, let's all calm down now. not pointing fingers at anyone, let's just drop this and get on with the battle. i don't want to read another beef thread like the #13 thread.

once again, not on anyone's side...call a truce and move on. :D

#10 bronx. nigga

bronx. nigga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:14 AM

now this thread is my SHIT!!!

holla!!

#11 Genesis

Genesis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:41 AM

Ha, i wasnt gonna bother to reply to that, but you need to know

The way you handled that post thing the other day, i messaged you ages before you put the post up asking you if you wanted me to do it, you ignored my message and instead chose to write some 'Seem as nobody has posted the vote thread for 13, ill have to do it myself' bullshit, what the hells all that about!? im not saying my beats are particularly good, but near everyone else has posted good comments about my beats......apart from you, and seem as your the organiser i find that a little wierd, plus you went out of your way to thank sera for looking after the battle in your absence but not a word to me.....hmm theres a picture forming here.....sounds like sour grapes, too proud to announce me the winner/joint winner of the last 4 battles ern?
death threats, thats a gay comment, really is.....i aint waiting round all day for you to do posts when you feel like it, i just want to get on with a beat or not bother at all with this.
If you want me to step out so you might stand a chance of winning again just say so.....rather than dropping the sarcastic comments and bieng and arse.

PS- I got a couple of tracks i want you to dig out and give the lyrics a thorough listening to
Gangstarr - 'Credit Is Due' & 'Take it Personal' (specially the line 'you shouldnt let your jealousy show like that') :)

:D do I smell e-beef...itz on...but for real calm down, itz just a fuckin thread...hopefully not your life :)

#12 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:28 AM

Lol @ you lot. theres no e-beef, i said my piece, lets move on, i wont be responding.

ill let my beat speak for itself if i can find the time this week. :)

#13 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:33 AM

:D do I smell e-beef...itz on...but for real calm down, itz just a fuckin thread...hopefully not your life :)

you can see by my amount of posts here it sure aint my life, i just get wound up by stupid comments, kinda like what your doing now

#14 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:39 AM

you can see by my amount of posts here it sure aint my life, i just get wound up by stupid comments, kinda like what your doing now

calm down dear.

no-one cares about these battles as much as you, so you're kinda shouting on your own.. :)

#15 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:44 AM

hahaha, you think you're Masta Ace or something?

#16 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

calm down dear.

no-one cares about these battles as much as you, so you're kinda shouting on your own.. :)

ha "calm down dear"
very british bit of humour there.

#17 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:17 PM

patch lunch, who are you btw?

the gangstarr thing was a small joke, which you didnt get.
ive only joined the board 4 weeks ago, as you can see there was 10 beat battles before then which i totally didnt give a fuck about or even know about. im just dipping my toe in here, just win the beat battle afew times and offend a shitload of cliquey backpackers which this board is overun by, ill come full circle within 2 months of using and realise this board is wack, and never log in again.

#18 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:02 PM

lets just chill the fuck out.

bill makes decent beats.
ern does a good job of running the battles.
patch makes some funny quips and complains about stones throw.
there we go, everyone know who everyone is now.

beat battle anyone?

#19 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

patch lunch, who are you btw?

my name's patch. i mix hiphop records with other hiphop records and scratch sometimes aswell.
i make beats and am also on the verge of completing a music technology degree in London.
feel free to check out my myspaff page.

my previous comments weren't meant to be a diss. i just thought u sounded a bit angry in this thread that's all.

#20 andt88

andt88

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

do you expect to find a job with this degree? from what i heard it's pretty tough as everybody wants to do this. it must be cool to know all this stuff about enginering etc.

#21 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

patch, its hard to tell which direction people are coming from on the web, text has no tone of voice. i got that wrong, apologies. i have no weed at the moment, that doesnt help.

i really dont take the battle seriously though, i cant really say the truth about it without offending some folk, but yep its not to be taken that seriously. big erns comment: "It's not like I'll get death threats if the Beat Battle #14 thread isn't posted in a timely manner." did wind me up though, hes trying to put down HIS own beat battle now hes not winning no more.

if everybody left out the sarcasm we would all get along fine. word to josh's comment.

#22 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:51 PM

Damn...all ya'll PMS cats need to kick back...crack open a cerveza or light up some trees...and lets get back to the music...

It's all love ya'll...

I thought by comin' to a board where cats obviously appreciate the finer things in hip-hop I'd get to avoid a lot of the unnecessary stuff...

#23 Genesis

Genesis

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

Bill is on a fuckin rampage...run for cover bitches...sike :(

#24 Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*

Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:54 PM

Damn...all ya'll PMS cats need to kick back...crack open a cerveza or light up some trees...and lets get back to the music...

It's all love ya'll...

I thought by comin' to a board where cats obviously appreciate the finer things in hip-hop I'd get to avoid a lot of the unnecessary stuff...

"why must it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......so hard for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee???"

:( :) :lol:

#25 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:55 PM

:( :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#26 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:35 PM

hes trying to put down HIS own beat battle now hes not winning no more.

I just read this whole thing so excuse me for being late....and not to keep this nonesense going BUT....

First off...I haven't submitted a beat for like 3 or 4 battles back.....so do your research.

Second, you are the only one throwing a fit on here.....man this is all fun for me, it's not "you got served" with beats so

please calm down. I don't care if I win or loose....and you've won some battles and my hats off to you for it but don't let it

gas you.

Sorry to add fuel to this flame but that was waaaaaaay out of line.

#27 jazzur

jazzur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:09 AM

Waaaaaaa HAaaaa HAAAR ,

You lot got me rollin round in stitches....

Bill Needs some weed,
Big Ern needs some death threats when hes late again!
Doom Addikt needs to lay orf the crack a little,
Patch needs to enter a beat,
Andt88 wants to make a beat,
Tone wants to beat Bills beat,
Josh G wants a bit of Bills arse,
SubBass wants a mention,
Outlier wants to come back into orbit.
Bronx nigga wants a piece of the action.
Jazzur wants more of these nutters to join the board to brighten up his working day a little more.
and Sera was it? brazilian dude?...where did he go to? he wants to get his ass back to the board.

Peace or Beef dependin on how you take it i suppose you bunch of Mentists.

#28 Josh G

Josh G

Gonzo

• Members
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:37 AM

Waaaaaaa HAaaaa HAAAR ,

You lot got me rollin round in stitches....
Bill Needs some weed,
Big Ern needs some death threats when hes late again!
Doom Addikt needs to lay orf the crack a little,
Andt88 wants to make a beat,
Tone wants to beat Bills beat,
Josh G wants a bit of Bills arse,
SubBass wants a mention,
Outlier wants to come back into orbit.
Bronx nigga wants a piece of the action.
Jazzur wants more of these nutters to join the board to brighten up his working day a little more.
and Sera was it? brazilian dude?...where did he go to? he wants to get his ass back to the board.

Peace or Beef dependin on how you take it i suppose you bunch of Mentists.

fuck of, cunt

#29 Patch Lunch

Patch Lunch

is flavour like praline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:39 AM

i did for battle number 1. and i did an Alkololiks remix (can't remember what number that was) but forgot to put it on my Lacie so i wasnt able to submit on time.

i aint gonna be able to do anything for another couple of weeks. slightly finishing my degree n stuff. as of the 29th of this month i will be free of it all. and after getting drunk enough to puke up my pelvis bone, i will sit down and make a beat for one of these epic battles.

#30 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:33 AM

I'm gonna be able to dedicate a bit more time to my beats now because the after-school beat workshop I was running just had it's funding cut by the state. So if you live in San Diego and between the hours of 2:35 and 5pm your shit gets stolen by an angry disaffected young thug-turned-beatmaker you can thank the government for wasting it's money on other stuff.

But on the plus side it'll give me more time and mental energy to work on my own shit...yay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users