61 replies to this topic

#31 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:47 AM

yep getting old sucks.....i'm all worried about my weight more now. i'm getting heavy :lol:

fuck that -- ive always been heavy. mainly because of my massive brain.

#32 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:04 AM

yea my brain weighs a ton....

but yea man..i'm used to being about 195lbs...198lbs.
i weighed myself yesterday and i weigh 206lbs...

:lol:

#33 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:17 AM

yea my brain weighs a ton....

but yea man..i'm used to being about 195lbs...198lbs.
i weighed myself yesterday and i weigh 206lbs...

:lol:

i dont know what that is in real money -- i weigh 14st, which, according to the chart at the hospital i work at, is overweight for my 6ft height. :o :o :o balls!!

#34 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:24 AM

yea...i'm 6'2" 1/2 :lol:

#35 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:32 AM

sounds like we're both fat.

#36 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:27 AM

im about 2ft 6" height, with a very small penis.

oh by the way, i came 4th out of 45 people over at the 16pads.com beat battle last week, anyone over here ever enter that one? its not every week i think its once a month something like that, and there have only been 3 so far.

Jazzur: "DO THEY INHALE????" - yes

#37 Guest_Outlier_*

Guest_Outlier_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:43 AM

oh by the way, i came 4th out of 45 people over at the 16pads.com beat battle last week, anyone over here ever enter that one? its not every week i think its once a month something like that, and there have only been 3 so far.

I saw that. nice job Bill or is it Phil?

I was planning on entering but ultimately did not feel it was top 10 material. I entered 16pads BB002.

#38 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:47 PM

hey thanks, yep it is, bill and phil - same person, indeed the quality is pretty high over there, they seem to get alot of people entering, 45 in the last round, which aint bad.

#39 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:02 PM

sounds like we're both fat.

6'2" 1/2 206 lbs....

damn i didn't say i was fat, just a little thicker.

gee thanks now excuse me while i go to the bathroom
to throw up :mellow:

#40 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Art, Music, Politics, Education, and damn near everything else.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jeremymerrill

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

6'1" 200 lbs here...but regardless...when i first heard the sample track I wasn't gonna enter, but now I've changed my mind after seeing the discussion that took place. I'll just do minimal sampling and some synth stuff...maybe...we'll see where it takes me...

...IF I can concentrate over the SCREAMING kid in the complex swimming pool right now...grrrrr....

#41 Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*

Guest_Doom_Addikts225_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

6'1" 200 lbs here...but regardless...when i first heard the sample track I wasn't gonna enter, but now I've changed my mind after seeing the discussion that took place. I'll just do minimal sampling and some synth stuff...maybe...we'll see where it takes me...

...IF I can concentrate over the SCREAMING kid in the complex swimming pool right now...grrrrr....

man, you guys are GONNA laugh...but...6'2", and only 180 pounds.

im one of the skinniest guys you'll ever see. people think im like 140, but when i say "around 180", they say "really?! good god!"

#42 BigErnMcCracken

BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

man, you guys are GONNA laugh...but...6'2", and only 180 pounds.

im one of the skinniest guys you'll ever see. people think im like 140, but when i say "around 180", they say "really?! good god!"

see...i'm not fat. i only have you by 26lbs. i would say that i have an athletic build....but i just need to keep it under control.
just like you see muscular guys with a gut.

#43 jazzur

jazzur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:22 AM

you seemed like an alright bloke (or lady, if thats what you are!! cant tell by your name...) during the last beat battle but now you sound like a dick again. i would say i'm 'into' beatmaking' - but only by proxy of buying a lot of records and needing to find a use for them. doesnt mean i have to stress over trying to make a beat out of a sample that doesnt sound any fun to me. it's supposed to be fun like you said at the top, before you started making silly statements about who should be on this message board. i have lots of dilla originals and i dont think any of them are soul - -because i dont buy a great deal of soul records.

my beats can still be heard at my myspace if you're interested -- just don't expect it to get updated with new stuff that often. i think i prefer listening to records.

I SOUND LIKE A DICK ?......"if its not to cheesey and nosey!!!!!!!!" CAN I LICK YOUR ASSS McCRACKHEAD ooooh im a Fat greasy Homo just like you ...infact i'll change my name from pencildick to McAssCRACKSface.. you just a bumSuck ..... and i couldnt give to flyin fucqs how this reflects on me...(BY WHO EXACTLY) who cares what i say .... Do Madlib, Peanut Butter Wolf and MF Doom Gather round this forum to see how Pencil Faces Words Reflect on his over Zealous, Homoerotic, 'Need to please' the OverSeer, Faggy Dispostition ...?.

Secondly i havnt dictated who should or shouldn't be on this message board...merely asked people to question themselves whether they are openminded and creative or senile and short sighted.

If it truley comes down to taste when choosing a sample or a 'better' beat...then no-one has the authority on everybody elses taste.....but we all know that a few people in the world ' get it right more than the others ' and that Talent should be recognised and allowed to shine!!!!!

you'll get no automatic Merit from me ... prove it and i'll be the first to acknowledge it!!!!!!!

I've only entered for the first time last week.... and gave full respect to Bill for whiping the board with all of us..... Errr You didnt enter...but did say you tried....i assume for fear of being beaten you abandoned the battle , just to return and moan at the posts..

I havnt knocked your beats or production...i like most of them infact...and think you got skills, and wide knowledge of beats....and maybe more vinyl than me (if that matters)...

But you seem to have taken everything i said personally..or feel its your duty to speak for everyone else?

Put a beat Up and maybe you can shut me up that way? :mellow:

#44 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:56 AM

i'm not getting involved in name calling. i'm not entering this week's battle but i will try and enter next week's.

#45 Sanka

Sanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Folding clothes.

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:13 AM

Easy fellas ... we're here for BEATS not BEEFS.

Hey Ern. What's crackin' ???

#46 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:26 AM

Easy fellas ... we're here for BEATS not BEEFS.

Haaa thanks guys, good entertainment reading that :lol: ....but yea i agree with sanka tho

It is interesting though, seeing what brings people to listen to stones throw and to visit the messageboard, im not pointing the finger at any one user, im pretty new to the board myself and after reading quite alot of posts, in my view i am getting the general vibe there are a handful of people here who are all about collecting every single shiny new stones throw 7" that comes out good or wack and totally miss the point and probably dont even feel the music, these types are normally white, middle class, rich parents, under 25, and only listen to hip hop to fit in with there peer group.

As far as the whole 'i dont buy many soul records'.....'dont use dilla's source material' type thing, thats some straight up bullshit, are we producers!?? NO.....are we selling records!?? NO......were just some guys having a laugh on our beatboxes, chances are none of us will ever have a record out, it really is just a pastime and a way of keeping sane for me personally.....its pretty irrelevant what any of us sample. avoiding sampling soul might be an interesting new direction if your madlib, but for us guys its pointless, its fair to say i dont think any of us are going to bust out some ultra dope brand new style of music/hip hop because we decided to sample rock or country & western or whatever, rather than soul.

Dont bother posting back a load of grief, its only my opinion and i am entitled to it.

#47 andt88

andt88

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:21 AM

hey i was just tired of sampling soul because i just finished playing around with a soul lp. calm down, i enjoy this battle, it's no need to start arguiing because of a sample.

#48 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

I started my beat last night and so far I'm not really feelin it...but I'll finish it tonight probably and still post it...even if it's wack...fuck it...lol

Oh...and I dunno how this turned into a thread about body-types, but I work out a lot...but damn if I don't enjoy some good fast-food and a couple beers for dinner! LoL...

#49 andt88

andt88

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:02 AM

http://www.myspace.com/sonicaddict88

#50 Tone

Tone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:18 AM

Good day! http://www.box.net/shared/rhx8g6jdre

#51 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:19 AM

tone that shit is wicked! straight to my mp3 player, will be rockin this all weekend!

#52 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:56 AM

yikes!! thats pretty heavy shit. good work.

#53 SubBass49

SubBass49

The Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:01 AM

Damn...I fell asleep on the couch and didn't finish my beat...ah well...I'll get in on the next one...

Peace.

#54 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,515 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:20 AM

yeah good shit i enjoyed that

#55 jazzur

jazzur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:12 AM

heres mine peops...
STMB13 Intruders

I 've put it on myspace too but it hasnt shown up yet...this is 128bit not sure what myspace is?

enjoyed this one!
:rolleyes:

#56 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:50 AM

Mine: STMB BB 13

#57 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:52 PM

intruders

#58 Doot

Doot

ST Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Interests:Insects, Calculators, Rotary Telephones, Small Tin Boxes of Altoids Mints, Ball Point Pens, Old Dusty Floppy Discs, Receipt Books, Oscillating Fans, Laser Toner Cartridges, 3 Ring Binders, Bubble Wrap and Right Angle Triangles. Nothing Else.

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

yikes!! thats pretty heavy shit. good work.

For Really

I Couldn't Even Fuck With This One
Everything I Tried Sounded Like Shit

#59 quasquasquas

quasquasquas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:31 PM

intruders

the first one i made for it was interlude4 , but then i made another one tonight and decided to put it in , so intruders is my entry, interlude4 was one i made a couple days ago , check'em

#60 Guest_Outlier_*

Guest_Outlier_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:05 PM

just a quickie. i wasn't gonna do one, then i did. i don't know if i like yet or ever.

To Get Her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users