• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fANT0M

fANT0M

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:32 PM

I posted a "clip" of a DJ's live set that featured a track called "Diamonds" from Dilla's MCA album...I'm not gonna post it again, but I would like to know why it was deleted? Like I said, it came from a rip of a DJ's set...it wasn't an actual mp3 of the song...What's the problem with that? I remember people posting audio clips from Giles Peterson's show...what's the difference?

#2 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:48 PM

I posted a "clip" of a DJ's live set that featured a track called "Diamonds" from Dilla's MCA album...I'm not gonna post it again, but I would like to know why it was deleted? Like I said, it came from a rip of a DJ's set...it wasn't an actual mp3 of the song...What's the problem with that? I remember people posting audio clips from Giles Peterson's show...what's the difference?

I was one of the guys that posted a recording from a Giles Peterson show and back then they had it so where ever you uploaded it (ie yousendit) would have the address changed so that your link wouldn't work for anyone else.

#3 fANT0M

fANT0M

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:09 AM

I was one of the guys that posted a recording from a Giles Peterson show and back then they had it so where ever you uploaded it (ie yousendit) would have the address changed so that your link wouldn't work for anyone else.

Yeah...well my entire post was removed from the message board and I was sent a private message which I was unable to read because of this:

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Oct 11 2006, 08:34 PM.

#4 Nativetongues

Nativetongues

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:40 AM

Yeah,that means you got banned for 2 weeks because of it too
I dont think there was anything wrong with it

#5 Guest_PhilOvers_*

Guest_PhilOvers_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:35 PM

How gay...fuck this board.. (runs to OKayPlayer)

#6 neologism

neologism

STMB Sex Ed.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:world domination

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:41 PM

have fun :unsure:

the post was probably deleted because of the MCA mess of them not planing on releasing it, so it have been done to prevent stones throw from getting in trouble.

#7 Guest_PhilOvers_*

Guest_PhilOvers_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:09 PM

have fun :rolleyes:

the post was probably deleted because of the MCA mess of them not planing on releasing it, so it have been done to prevent stones throw from getting in trouble.

dude i have that full track..it was recorded at The Dilla Tribute..its recorded from a damn concert dude.. and anyways Fuck MCA/Geffen, shelving a Jay Dee album <_<

#8 Gforce

Gforce

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:39 AM

okp? how do you do it man? that boards layout is confusing as helllllllllllllllll

#9 Guest_PhilOvers_*

Guest_PhilOvers_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:05 AM

Haha its not that bad man..anyways man this shit really bothers me.. House Shoes told me this MCA joint is coming eventually, they're having a tough time trying to get it released.. that Diamonds track is a perfect promo for it..people need to hear how dope this shit is.. Why would ST not want this to be heard? Am I wrong?? :rolleyes:

#10 taza_one

taza_one

Taste Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/titobeats

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:37 PM

I think you'd be surprised by the scrutiny ST gets from the industry. They are no longer under the radar. Even a live recorded track is considered pirating. We are in a dark age where that is concerned.

#11 Bobby Wham

Bobby Wham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:16 PM

I hope Dilla shit gets released on some Tupac steez, where we're still listening to new shit like 15 years from now. I wanna hear Diamonds now......

#12 j303

j303

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:soundnoir.net

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:19 PM

u will.....

#13 f@NTOM

f@NTOM

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:28 AM

In a sense, I guess can understand why the post was deleted...I just can't figure out why I was banned. I've tried emailing the administrator and have yet to receive a response. Anyways, if ST is getting the scrutiny from the industry (as stated by taza_one earlier) then I'm sorry for posting the track. I had no intention of getting anyone in trouble. I just thought it was a great track and I wanted people to hear it. I've purchased almost everything Dilla & Stones Throw have released and I intend on purchasing the MCA album if and when it comes out.

#14 godzilla

godzilla

STMB's number one superhero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/djgodzilla-2

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

I hope Dilla shit gets released on some Tupac steez, where we're still listening to new shit like 15 years from now. I wanna hear Diamonds now......

I wrote this song a long time ago :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users