3 replies to this topic

#1 pencilface

pencilface

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:07 AM

just wondering if any other uk heads can recomend any uk producers.... ive noticed everyone seems to have become a bit shit all of a sudden!!! i can't think of any new uk hip hop that ive got excited about recently - beats wise.
P Brothers are always tottally aces. We can count them in. heavy zulu drums!!! Jehst last 2 lp's have been a bit dull and the once king - Lewis Parker sounds fucking lame now. Can anyone think of any new talent i should be checking for??

#2 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:09 AM

just wondering if any other uk heads can recomend any uk producers.... ive noticed everyone seems to have become a bit shit all of a sudden!!! i can't think of any new uk hip hop that ive got excited about recently - beats wise.
P Brothers are always tottally aces. We can count them in. heavy zulu drums!!! Jehst last 2 lp's have been a bit dull and the once king - Lewis Parker sounds fucking lame now. Can anyone think of any new talent i should be checking for??

Well they definitely aren't new talent, but I've always been able to nod my head to what Herbalizer puts out. "Somthing Wicked This Way Comes" is a year or two old, I think, but it has some great shit. It isn't all good but "Jamican English" is a pretty raw cut with good percussion. I use it all the time in my mixes.

Not too sure about new talent. Here in the US, its tough to get good exposure to the overseas goodies.

#3 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • 5,502 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:24 AM

not much decent uk stuff come out recently,have you checked out bias?? he was lewis parkers dj and has two instrumental albums out search for canteen records

#4 BazacoPROject

BazacoPROject

Disciple of Ford Prefect

• Members
  • 4,077 posts
  • Location:Chucktown Souf' Cack, by way of ATL, by way of MD...

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:05 AM

Oh yeah, I did hear a pretty dope new artist outta the UK....

It's this clever little bastard named Pencilface...his beats are sick....and I'm jealous...that fancy little shite'.

Ever heard of em'?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users