2 replies to this topic

#1 bosbos

bosbos

Rookie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:34 AM

Hi all,

I'm new round these parts, long time fan of all things ST. For those of you who keep a close eye on the rappcats site, you'll see a couple of long dead links to a site called mastermix.org. Hosting some seriously proper mixes, remixes and pirate radio sounds from the 80s, it was a real treasure trove for those lucky enough to find it. In fact, it was rappcats that pointed me in it's direction, so I feel like returning the favour.

I managed to score mostly all the mastermixes and files from mastermix.org before it died, and tried to contact it's webmaster Rich Color many times to host them on his behalf. Unfortunately, I drew a complete blank. Seeing as Rich's site was put up to share all this great stuff, I think it's fair to assume that he'd be happy if the ball could keep on rolling. In that spirit, I've decided to get all the mastermixes up on my site:

www.bosbos.net

I'm up to #5 in my mastermix series, but don't panic, you haven't missed out - all links are still active. You'll also find some great mixes on there too (Steinski, DJ Food, etc) and I'm always featuring the ST podcasts as everyone is a classic (have you heard Madlib's Motown mix yet? HEAT).

Just so everyone is clear, my motivation isn't to score traffic for my site or anything like that, and I hope I'm not treading on any toes by posting this here. I just love to share great mixes, and I know that the people love to hear them. So check the site, dig in, and keep your eye on things - there's plenty more good stuff to come.

#2 DJ ADA

DJ ADA

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:21 AM

thanks for putting these up! I'm a sucker for a good mastermix. I'm listening to the DOOM now. dont know where else I would of found this.

but rapidshare only lets you download 1 for free? how does that work?

#3 bosbos

bosbos

Rookie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:02 AM

thanks for putting these up! I'm a sucker for a good mastermix. I'm listening to the DOOM now. dont know where else I would of found this.

but rapidshare only lets you download 1 for free? how does that work?

Hey ADA, glad you're digging the site. Yeah, rapidshare can be a pain if you aren't a member, you're restricted to downloading 100MB per hour. I had to use this method as previously I was relying on my webhost for file storage - trouble was my site got so popular, the bandwidth went through the roof and threatening mails from my webhost ensued! All file links on the site are below 100MB, even if it's in a two-parter (e.g. the James Brown tribute mix). There are workarounds to the 100MB limit, all I can suggest is dig around google and see what you can find.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users