5 replies to this topic

#1 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

Hey guys started and finished this beat today when i got home from school, first beat i have made in a weeks due to a sevre bout of beatmaker depression, firstly i had an interview for my university course which i think i fucked up, den to cheer myself up i spent my bday money on diggin only to find that when i got hope that there were no workable samples after spending 100 ($175-$200) so been sitting at my mpc like a zombie till today, which has cheered me up knowing that i havent lost the beat making skill! *NB the sample is from a record i bought years ago not the recent records!

THE TRACK IS CALLED "FALLIN" CHECK IT OUT AT www.myspace.com/djbosco

Feedback welcome! :(

#2 ptahh

ptahh

Rambling Rambler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:14 PM

good sound quality - perfect for an mc. I find that the loops are too repetitive. i could play this instumental and fast foward to the next track. Mc and Fallin = cool!

at the same time i'm not making music, so take it with a grain of salt. perhaps if i were to start making stuff again, it would sound horrible. So this critque comes strictly from a listening perspective.

the only thing i can advise is that you cannot force yourself to make music. I used to force myself in front of the equipment- the beats were wack. I waited until the 808 was screaming play with me. thats when i realized your best work comes out when you are in the mood to be creative.

#3 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

cheers man thanks for the feedback.

i make all my beats with mc's in mind so my stuff can get a bit repeative but its harder to sell complex beats!

Any mc's want this beat?

#4 DeeSupreme

DeeSupreme

growing up is for trees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:54 PM

i like the beat, actually i checked all your beats and gave em all few listens, i like all of em... i like your style...
ive been depressed too a week now cause i havent had even one good moment of inspiration :( so i know what it feels like, its damn annoying...

me personally i dont think the beat was repetative but thats my opinnion...

peaceeeee

#5 djbosco

djbosco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:01 AM

thanks dee, dont worry bout it man just keep searchin in the crates you'll find something along the way!

does this happen to alot of you beat makers?

#6 DJ ADA

DJ ADA

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:17 AM

thanks dee, dont worry bout it man just keep searchin in the crates you'll find something along the way!

does this happen to alot of you beat makers?

when I dont feel like samping new things, I might feel like working with existing samples, or if not that, I'll want to scratch just to scratch, or even just listen to something dope knowing that I'll never sample it (but still subconciousnessly hoping to one day), or maybe I'll want to spend time listening to recent beats or projects I've done and then maybe adjust something there.

if all that fails, I play guitar or my drum or even my clarinet. if not books can be inspirational.

http://www.indiestore.com/djada/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users