Photo

Sev Seveer - Smithereens (vinyl preorder)

sevseveer chicago pushbeats beatsofallnations losangeles pointillism art jazz gestaltprinciples sp404sp303sp202

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sev Seveer

Sev Seveer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:beats. gear. teaching kids to make beats. writing. Roy Ayers Project. TheBeatINN
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/sevseveer

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:01 AM

2t2a3149.jpg?w=620

“Circus Sideshow (Parade de cirque) is the launch point that I’d like to present to listeners of Smithereens. I feel that it’s a well-defined example of the techniques and themes that I’m exploring in the project. WithSmithereens as an ode and journey into Neo-Impressionist divisionism/pointillism from a sonic angle, as well as Gestalt psychology as it pertains to visual art, I wanted to portray in the single a sense of fragmented wholeness. Polyrhythms that might initially be confusing; texture, ambiguous harmonies (Is it in key? Is it out of key?) that if listened to enough times start to really make sense, because as explained by Aristotle, “a whole is greater than the sum of its parts.”

https://beatsofallnations.com/2016/06/22/new-single-sev-seveer-circus-sideshow-free-download-vinyl-pre-order/

#2 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • Interests:All Love and Praise goes to my fallen brother St. Manute.
  • Soundcloud:Nick Papadopoulos 4

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:55 AM

Saw a write up on you somewhere. Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sevseveer, chicago, pushbeats, beatsofallnations, losangeles, pointillism, art, jazz, gestaltprinciples, sp404sp303sp202

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users