7 replies to this topic

#1 bamajoe

bamajoe

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 06:00 PM

"WOOniversal Truths" by Bernie & Judie Worrell" tells Bernie's story (in short form; book to follow) as to his initial agreement/contract with george and what/how george took (stole) everyone's Artist Royalties and his "unholy alliance" with Armen Boladian that backfired on him.

When Bernie was diagnosed with the cancers and the fundraising efforts were started, some of you (justifiably) questioned “why should I donate money to him.  He made lots of money from all those P-Funk albums”.  Well, he did not.  George stole it all and we will show what he did, not only to Bernie but to all members of original Parliament-Funkadelic.

http://wooniversaltr...nieworrell.com/

Back to original P-Funk  musicians:  when Bernie and the others were approached by Holland-Dozier-Holland to do sessions for their artists, George was angry and told Bernie  he “didn’t want OUR sound getting out there”.  When Bernie told me this, I said “fine, then tell George to pay you the money you would have earned”.  Consider this:  Eddie, Tal, Billy, Tiki and Bernie were working musicians, not getting paid, stranded in another city and while there was no work upcoming from the group, they did these sessions. That’s why you hear Bernie (and others) on Chairmen of the Board, Freda Payne, Ruth Copeland, etc.

So, now, boys and girls, you see two instances of how Bernie and the original members of Parliament/Funkadelic were (and are) fleeced by George:

• Paying Artist Royalties then stopping – with never an explanation and to this day, not a single songwriter, musician, etc. from original P-Funk gets paid Artist Royalties on the work THEY made famous. Not a one.  Not Bernie, Not Billy, Not Tiki, Not Eddie’s kid(s), not Ray Davis’ kids, Not Grady Thomas, Not Calvin Simon, Not Clarence Haskins, Not Tal – ONLY GEORGE.

So, we ask that you PLEASE stop buying P-Funk records, DVDs and CDs because nobody BUT George ever gets one red cent.  Buy one and share it.  Normally I would HATE that idea.  People streaming and downloading for free HURTS musicians.  But NOBODY has hurt these musicians more than George Clinton has (and does) cause this goes on to this very day.

http://wooniversaltr...hs-part-two/39/

That's seriously fucked up. From what I remember from the Bernie Worrell documentary, everyone pretty much got fucked over because of George's business dealings. Or something like that. I can't remember because it's been a few years since I've watched it. There's more info on the Bernie Worrell facebook page --> https://www.facebook...f=page_internal

#2 bamajoe

bamajoe

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:28 PM

#3 bamajoe

bamajoe

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:41 PM

I was just told that Bernie is now headed "Home". If you are in the WA area and want to visit him to say your goodbyes, PM me. PLEASE do not call me. Bernie can no longer talk on phone nor can he text.

https://www.facebook...217445804944683

#4 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • Interests:All Love and Praise goes to my fallen brother St. Manute.
  • Soundcloud:Nick Papadopoulos 4

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

Thanks for the post. I was doing some counter-intelligence two years ago and had a scrubby friend from Gross Pointe who was going to arrange a sit-down with the scummy guy through a fellow Orthodox friend in common. I had plans to smother his face in a plate of pork roast.

The stuff he pulls is beyond shady.

#5 Liv

Liv

the mean mugging scapegoat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:58 AM

they sure did sign on for some dumb deals back in the day

#6 bamajoe

bamajoe

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

Rest in Funk

#7 bamajoe

bamajoe

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:16 PM

Today we say a very sad and hard goodbye to beloved Moog family member, Bernie Worrell. As the founding keyboardist and musical director for Parliament Funkadelic, Bernie's pioneering use of the Minimoog laid the foundation for P-Funk's futuristic sound. Despite his many musical accomplishments, its his joyful soul and gentle heart that touched everyone at Moog most. He is the father of Moog bass and the auteur of the funkiest Minimoog basslines in history - so wide you cant get around them, so low you cant get under them. Worrells bass never reaches the bottom, it wobbles your inner being and oscillates your soul. His grooves were three-dimensional, with the mythological power to unite people under the force of their liberating funkiness.

Bernie Worrell lived a lifetime of music. A child prodigy, Bernie began piano lessons at age 3, gave his first classical concert at 4 and had composed his first concerto by age 8. His gift of perfect pitch guided him through Juilliard and the New England Conservatory of Music, where he developed an affinity for ELP records and Keith Emersons use of the Moog synthesizer, inspiring him to acquire one of the new Moog instruments for himself. Like Emerson before him, Bernie Worrells command of the synthesizer would shape a new sound for the future. Bernies analog basslines for Parliament Funkadelic were the substructure for the bands inter-dimensional operas and remain foundational to this day; as one of historys most sampled artists, Bernies sonic vocabulary is heard prominently in the works of hip-hops most impactful producers- a lasting testament to his unique ability to move the masses. Bernies contributions to modern music cannot be understated - without him there would be no funk.

Our fondest memories are of Bernie joining us for many Moogfests to celebrate the spirit of his friend, Bob Moog. Bernie received the Bob Moog Legacy Award in 2008 for his groundbreaking use of the synthesizer and celebrated his 70th birthday at Moogfest 2014. Just last month at Moogfest 2016, Bernie surprised his fans with an intimate impromptu performance with one of the first new Minimoogs produced in over 40 years. Bernie was a beacon of kindness and warmth, we gravitated to the pull of his heart whenever we were blessed with his presence.

Thank you for blessing us with the funk of life and the deep magic of the groove, Bernie. The Moog family is forever grateful to you for opening the door to new dimensions. You are a true wizard.

Love, your friends at Moog

http://www.moogmusic...nk-you-bernie-1

#8 bamajoe

bamajoe

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:22 PM

14wpqw5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users