3 replies to this topic

#1 jax green

jax green

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:16 PM

When Kanye's "No More Parties in L.A." dropped, I hoped it would give me a chance to interview 'Lib finally. No dice. ST shut down even the possibility of talking with him with a quickness. I think the same thing happened here—this isn't a Q&A—but the writer still pulls off a pretty interesting feature. A lot of stuff most of y'all probably already know, but still cool to see him get more shine:

http://www.newyorker...arge-hilton-als

• GC90 and bamajoe like this

#2 GC90

GC90

Plibt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:05 PM

Good article,  hopefully the people who will find Madlib through Kanye (especially after Waves is released) will be able to check stuff out like this too.

#3 1stN3rd

1stN3rd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/1stn3rd

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:34 PM

The Roland VS 1680 Digital workstation is an analog recording device? Wow, thanks New Yorker, you've opened my eyes.

And Black Male fraternity? Right, cuz Madlib never sampled or worked with a woman...

• Jadoe likes this

#4 quikfit

quikfit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted Today, 11:08 AM

I hoped it would give me a chance to interview 'Lib finally. No dice. ST shut down even the possibility of talking with him with a quickness. 

I'd suggest reaching out to Egon for an interview - he's managing Madlib's label, Rappcats site, etc. 
I'm not really sure how much "control" ST has over Madlib's business anymore.

It is funny for a "feature" they didn't even speak with him and jus quoted other interviews.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: madlib, new yorker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users