Photo

Can anyone recommend some weird VST effects?

VST

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bcwarlock

bcwarlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Making music

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:05 AM

Looking for some trippy shit....64 bit for mac.Been googling my ass off and just thought id ask here and see if anyone had any recommendations.

Peace

#2 Julian.Convex

Julian.Convex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:20Hz > 20kHz
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/julianconvex

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:38 AM

Think, you get the best results if you combine the "classic" effects like delay/reverb, chorus, overdrive/bitcrusher, filter, etc...

What kind of fx do you searching for?

For a trippy feel i like to play with a slow LFO on the pitch to create an old tapedeck/jittering effect. Thats cool on long tonal signals like strings or pads. Other trippy thing is creating "unreal" rooms. Put a delay on a percussive signal with a long feedback and automate the time parameter. Or record the output of a triggered reverb > pitch it down by 12 semitones > play it together with the dry source signal..

There a many ways to create an originally effect without "special" plugins.

• soulREBEL360, JrSAMPLES and bcwarlock like this

#3 bcwarlock

bcwarlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Making music

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:26 AM

Think, you get the best results if you combine the "classic" effects like delay/reverb, chorus, overdrive/bitcrusher, filter, etc...

What kind of fx do you searching for?

For a trippy feel i like to play with a slow LFO on the pitch to create an old tapedeck/jittering effect. Thats cool on long tonal signals like strings or pads. Other trippy thing is creating "unreal" rooms. Put a delay on a percussive signal with a long feedback and automate the time parameter. Or record the output of a triggered reverb > pitch it down by 12 semitones > play it together with the dry source signal..

There a many ways to create an originally effect without "special" plugins.

Damn!Cool ideas.Gonna try these.I guess the bottom line is i need to think outside of the box and just experiment.Good lookin tho Julian,dropping some knowledge for sure :)

#4 Julian.Convex

Julian.Convex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:20Hz > 20kHz
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/julianconvex

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:38 AM

;)

#5 Kowalzki

Kowalzki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Sonic smoke

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:20 PM

Looking for some trippy shit....64 bit for mac.Been googling my ass off and just thought id ask here and see if anyone had any recommendations.

Peace

check out iris by izotope if youd like to take a journey if youd like to build a real complex signal chain or effect have a look at traktor by ni or check out max for live.

#6 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edugen

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:47 PM

If you're interested in glitching your sound up (similar to the SP built in fx) then izotope stutter edit is a good option, plenty to play around with. I've always found too many fx to be kind of corny/annoying to be honest though... Just my opinion.

Peace.

#7 Guest_kamei_*

Guest_kamei_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:22 PM

I am a heavy user of Sugar Bytes Turnado. Lots of weird effects.

#8 madamdata

madamdata

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

highly recommend the soundhack plugins by tom erbe ... they're free, just google 'soundhack'

#9 Smoltron

Smoltron

Rookie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:44 PM

Glitchmachines has some cool really trippy stuff for free like Hysteresis and the have some free samples too that are nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users