STBB #444 "Pitching It Down"
First of all, I really want to thank you all for the votes and love. You guys are the nicest, most creative and talented community I've ever seen.
Now for the battle:
This week you have to pitch down your entire beat by -6 semitones (time stretching is not allowed).
It should create a slow, downtempo vibe. Of course you don't have to do a downtempo beat but it should be noticeable that you pitched it down.
If you want to, you can mix & master your tune after this step.
• One beat per person
• Flip the chosen sample any way you want
• Outside drums and bass are allowed
• Outside keys/synth are allowed
• A Cappellas are allowed
• Vocal samples/skits are allowed
• Cuts/scratches are permitted
• Don't post external links unless they are in the comments section of your own beats
• Only post beats for the battle to the Soundcloud group - others will be deleted
I'm providing three samples:
You have to use at least one of them; of course you can use all of the samples if you want to.
Do whatever you want with the samples but they should play a role in your beats.
Have fun and make some dope tunes!
The Fine Print:
Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 437" in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. For easy browsing's sake, you may also add it to the Stones Throw Beat Battle Soundcloud Group.
EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time
Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com