• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:50 PM

Guys, i don't know where else to turn.

long story short, i recently had to re-sync one of my email accounts to my iPhone after an update caused said account to think every sign-in with my device was "suspicious activity".

i thought if i did that, then all of my notes on that connected account would appear just like always -- but i have yet to find any of them...and this is really bad for me, because i keep basically everything important to me on my Notes app.  my entire fucking album was on that account, and now that i can't seem to get any of them back onto my phone i'm starting to get anxious about the worst case scenario.

I've contacted Microsoft, which was an ordeal in itself (worst customer service ever, it's non-existent), and they've told me it isn't their problem.  Apple wants me to pay $30 before they tell me it's not their problem, and my cell-service provider doesn't even know up from down.  all i want to know is where the fuck my notes have been stored this entire time -- because up until today i was able to literally live-update every note on my phone and see it change in real-time on my email account...so how again is that not storing information?

i have a back-up, but it's not as recent as i'd like because i've written a lot down this week.  i didn't even consider that deleting my linked email account (which is normally connected to the app "Mail") would possibly do something adverse to another app, let alone one that has my fucking life's work stored on it precariously.  please, can someone out there help me in some way figure this mess out?

#2 JrSAMPLES

JrSAMPLES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:42 PM

why would you trust a phone with something as important as your album or production?

this is the trade off , shure it might have been easy to just throw everything in one lil folder in your iphone,

but with that ease come the chance of losing it all, in one second, say by dropping your phone in water,

or whatever has happened here.

if you are at the point where this phone controls your whole music production and or existence,

i suggest you back to a time before you had the phone, get back to basics

i wish i could feel more sorry for you but i dont,

hopefully you find the folder somewhere, fuck iphones,

#3 jbuzz

jbuzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

You've probably tried this, but have you changed your default account for Notes to the email account with the stuff you need?

#4 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:39 AM

If your email account is a Gmail account, log into your account online and you should find your notes.  This is only if you sync'd your notes with your Gmail account (as you would with contacts and mail)

#5 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:28 AM

this thread is kind of embarrassing to me now, because i've gone through all the five stages of grief and accepted that i lost a sizeable chunk of work...

the good news is that i had a back-up from as recently as the 8th of this month, so i only missed out on ~3 weeks worth of new stuff as opposed to my entire life's work -- which by comparison, isn't so bad.

does it suck?  yes.  who's fault is it?  mine.  JRS is absolutely right in not feeling sorry for me, i should've backed my shit up regardless that day and all the days before it just to make certain they'd stay.  is it really, really shitty that neither Apple or Microsoft took any responsibility whatsoever in archiving the same files that i was able to update in real time on my email account, despite the notes themselves not being saved anywhere but tenuously on my phone?  yes.  is it the most fucking retarded feature Apple has ever released for their products?  definitely, it literally makes no sense to link your notes to any email account because all that does is unlink said notes from your "On My iPhone" account and instead just has them save nowhere...but yes, i still should've been smart enough to back my shit up and not rely so heavily on technology for something i hold to be so important.

can we just end this thread now and pretend like it never happened?  i'm already really bummed that i have to write several songs again for the 3rd-4th time now...

• JrSAMPLES, jbuzz and GPBear like this

#6 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:53 AM

this thread is kind of embarrassing to me now, because i've gone through all the five stages of grief and accepted that i lost a sizeable chunk of work...

if i had a fucking dollar

dude I just broke my little brothers laptop. Straight up spiked it like Jerry Rice catching a baby out of a burning apartment building.

Thank god he accepted me putting like 10 old school hip-hop albums on his iphone as repayment

#7 JrSAMPLES

JrSAMPLES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:52 AM

http://www.okayplaye...c-ad-video.html

#8 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:43 PM

Reminds me of the time I broke into a Vinewood mansion and stole Mad Dogg's rhyme book

Sort of
  • jbuzz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users