Whats good everybody, humbled by and thankful for all the love on the last beat.
lets get to it shall we
first of all....
YOU HAVE TO USE THE SAMPLES... at least one.
The challenge this week is I wanna hear some experiments with rhythm. No quantized bullshit. Make it human and push some limits. Challenge the groove and soul you know so well. This week we're on some other shit. Sample some jazz drum solos or something. Nobody I'd rather hear put together some out shit than you all.
You must use one of the two chick corea samples in there. The max roach solos are just a little added bonus for some inspiration.
Bonus if you add a sample of some interesting conversation or something in there. Make us think.
• One beat per person
• Flip the chosen sample any way you want
• Outside drums and bass are allowed
• Outside Keys and Synths are good
• No A Cappellas
• Vocal samples/skits are allowed
• Cuts/scratches are permitted
• Don't post external links unless they are in the comments section of your own beats
• Only post beats for the battle to the Soundcloud group - others will be deleted
Heres the samples:
Once again I appreciate the votes this week. I do free horn features for STBB homies so hit me up if you need trumpet.
The Fine Print:
Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 437" in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. For easy browsing's sake, you may also add it to the Stones Throw Beat Battle Soundcloud Group.
EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time
Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com