46 replies to this topic

#31 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:44 AM

There are many variables contributing to that including the following: I write in what you youngins refer to as "subliminals" or coded language occasionally; my diction is a mish mash of urban speak-over a century's worth; I'm really not that interesting a person, but a rather remarkable adult and my personal thoughts are not that important which when exposed to daylight causes difficulty in communicating in a linear fashion. I just don't have much time these days. If I were a pizza-I'd be a fucked up mix of Canadian and Hawaiian. Not sure what you mean as far as being a "geek"-but I will try to speak in Anglo English from here in out.

#32 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

lol! I know this one chick who orders pineapple-pepperoni pizzas exclusively I'm like wtf???!!??!

#33 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

Doesn't really go in depth much but some nice points.

#34 miss stress

miss stress

LIKE A BOSS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:56 AM

Im not mad at ya. You went so deep into the 36 Chambers that you also dug 6 feet deep with the Frukwon reference. Dont need to tell you who RZA owes everything

Lyrically, i like Frukwan...I also thought shaheim the rugged child could have replaced him even...

but again...i get their whole clan dynamic

i forgot he did a bid upstate not that it matters he's just weak to me, lyrically. u god, masta killa and cappadonna i never cared much for. ....to me bars wise gza, deck, rae and ghost

popular / hype wise - meth, odb, ghost, rae. most people know wu tang for meth, ghost, rae and odb
  • CertafiedBluntHead likes this

#35 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

Lyrically, i like Frukwan...I also thought shaheim the rugged child could have replaced him even...
but again...i get their whole clan dynamic
i forgot he did a bid upstate not that it matters he's just weak to me, lyrically. u god, masta killa and cappadonna i never cared much for. ....to me bars wise gza, deck, rae and ghost
popular / hype wise - meth, odb, ghost, rae. most people know wu tang for meth, ghost, rae and odb

My buddy convinced me long ago RZA was a genius rapper. I still believe it. His style can be a bit wierd. It can lack punctuation. He just flows non stop, like a river or some shit. Just going and going, but he is talented if you ask me.

@MWBOOGIE
What did you mean by RZA owes everything to someone? Who??

#36 CertafiedBluntHead

CertafiedBluntHead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

i definitely had that conversation/epiphany at one point with somebody that rza was saying some wild shit, flowed over a beat like no other too, gravediggaz and first few wu albums i definitely ride for his input

#37 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

Im not gonna pretend that i wasnt a fan of the Digi releases. The beef with him is that he is unnecessarily greedy and doesnt share.

He relies on writtens for his freestyles, but they are all very good. He has a good vocabulary, flow and voice. You can only listen to the GZA so many times until you pick something good up.

#38 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

Im not gonna pretend that i wasnt a fan of the Digi releases. The beef with him is that he is unnecessarily greedy and doesnt share.

He relies on writtens for his freestyles, but they are all very good. He has a good vocabulary, flow and voice. You can only listen to the GZA so many times until you pick something good up.

Bob Digi had some good singles but terrible albums. Overall, tho I don't get what the fuck you are saying.

Are we talking about RZA or GZA?

#39 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:11 PM

Take it ez. I am referring to RZA. I.e. RZA learning how to flow from gza by virtue of both producing him and being in the same groups with him.

#40 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

That's crazy man. They are cousins,more up together, rhyming together since the 80s. Of course GZA influenced him, but I am sure he influenced him! Keep in mind tho, they sound nothing alike (in flow).

#41 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

I did think about the disparity in flow. It really doesn't matter-they both focused on vocabulary and content. I shouldn't say that GZA is deeper. I just like GZA. That they and ODB were all cousins certainly served them well. Kind of an interesting 3 to be the hub of the Wu. You can kind of feel the RZA GZA synergy on the production of the title track to Liquid Swords. Weird that as slow as the tempo is in that song-RZA when rhyming is all rapid fire. Rapper/producers just tend to do things differently.

#42 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:55 PM

I don't know man, but to me, RZA is legendary to Hip Hop.

#43 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

Like i said a couple of his samples are up there with my favorites. I found some of thise mind-blowing.

#44 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:35 PM

You say a couple, I say tons. :)

#45 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:31 PM

Some of those songs will mess you up if you ever went through a rough breakup. Same effect as Donuts that way..."After laughter, comes tearerers..."

#46 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:53 PM

RZA btw does refer to himself as a 'filmmaker'm and not a music producer.

He uses the multifarious parts of the Wu now as shield when it once was used as sword. Because there are so many Myers of the Wu it is hard to divvy up the small advances from the labels willing to cash in on a new Wu record. This the grittier mcs have to hang their heads in shame and cannot wear fancy Wu regalia. Inspektah Deckay bomb atomically-but he gets chicken feed for pay. Mef might soon have to wear a dress and he'll get paid like the spawn of the British Empire.
All this financial reality keeps Raekwon one salty, sulking Canadian andau soon have Ghost whining about much more. Let's not forget that RZA probably does not volunteer that he reaps a large reward for his participation on a track.
Members of the Wu have approached him with such ingenious idea as getting other producers involved on Wu projects, which sounds like the bees knees but not really killer bee army. RZA claims that he is the dude that Kanye gets for his records not the other way around and it would be disingenuous for anyone to suggest otherwise. RZA has gone on record as stating that he is happy with faggy Pharell being popular. It would seem that he is basically saying I make shitty movies because I think myself a good at it and because of this I have little time to sit andaje beats so I will join a beat jackets group and steal everything I can instead. This may or not be found by deciphering the Wu Chronicals.

#47 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted Today, 06:28 PM

Earlier in the thread I wondered if I could Rip Chariots of Fire and get the same effect that RZA did with THE KILLER. I did have the composer of Chariots of Fire in mind. Turns out I think like GZA or else he has been peeping these boards. How very weird: I feel like a soothsayer:

http://m.pitchfork.c...s-on-new-album/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Raekown, Ghostface, OB4CL, 20 Years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users