2 replies to this topic

#1 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,329 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:13 PM

So, I just saw this video of some ufos over Osaka. Just wondering what y'all think about ufos in general.

Personally, if you consider the size of the universe, it is mathematically impossible that we are the only intelligent beings in the universe. If you consider the age, certainly a species could have a billion year head start. So I think it's possible. Distance is the only factor for me. But who knows.

#2 jbuzz

jbuzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted Today, 01:08 AM

i don't agree with you at all. The physicist Brian Cox has said the that fact that there is intelligent life at all verges on mathematical impossibility, and that considering the age of the universe it's a total fluke that humanity exists. I'm with him... I believe there is undoubtedly life out there, but it's probably on a bacterial level or something. I certainly don't believe that UFOs have come anywhere near this planet... It honestly just wouldn't make sense, either they'd reveal themselves to us, blow us up, or just watch us from a distance with some super camera or something, why hover around in the sky like that? My two cents

#3 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,329 posts

Posted Today, 05:40 AM

You are suggesting that, within the entire universe, no life form exists in terms of intelligence at a higher level than ours?!! I find that preposterous.

The universe is so massive that the chances for other earth like planets is absolutely countless. Scientists just found an earth like planet ("Earths cousin" it was just in the news). It is the first ever discovered in a potentially very long list. It has the conditions for life and also... a billion year head start on us.

If we assume that life evolves at a similar pace, given the conditions, this planet, the first one ever found, the first among potentially trillions upon trillions, has been granted a billion year head start over us to evolve. Who knows where they are as a species.

As long as we do not kill ourselves, imagine where we would be in a billion years. In 100 years of flight, we are already at the edge of our solar system!!! Give another Billion certainly intergalactic travel is a real possibility.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MWBOOGIE