#1 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:45 AM

Hi guys.
Thinking of getting a major gaming console. Just wondering which do you like better and why. XBox, PlayStation, Nintendo whatever. I am willing to even go retro, but most likely will stay with current generation.

THANKS!!!!

#2 bcwarlock

bcwarlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Making music

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

PS4, mainly for Bloodborne....also Dreamcast takes a huge dump over all other systems :)

#3 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:57 AM

Thanks man.
After looking at old school consoles, gameplay on YouTube, I will get current. Dream cast was pretty sick tho. My buddy had one. The videos of gameplay show real good animations and frame rates.

It would be cool to just own all and play what you feel whenever. iPad games are getting limiting.

#4 bcwarlock

bcwarlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:05 AM

Thanks man.
After looking at old school consoles, gameplay on YouTube, I will get current. Dream cast was pretty sick tho. My buddy had one. The videos of gameplay show real good animations and frame rates.

It would be cool to just own all and play what you feel whenever. iPad games are getting limiting.

I hear you on the iPad thing.As far as current it really doesn't matter much between X and Ps4 unless you have a preference for a game exclusive to one console.But honestly i play my Dreamcast more than any mainly because its a total nostalgia bomb and the games are the most fun.Feels like your at an arcade or something i can't explain it...

• mangoes cash likes this

#5 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

I hear you on the iPad thing.As far as current it really doesn't matter much between X and Ps4 unless you have a preference for a game exclusive to one console.But honestly i play my Dreamcast more than any mainly because its a total nostalgia bomb and the games are the most fun.Feels like your at an arcade or something i can't explain it...

Hm, that's something to consider, (regarding dreamcast).

What are your favorites (games)?

#6 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

Ps4. A ton more games, better performance, more game friendly corporate stance for the future. Look at the hooplah surrounding the upcoming "no man's sky". It looks ridiculous. My new favorite game, rocket league(peace to gc90), exclusive to ps4 and pc. The last of us IMHO is one of the greatest accomplishments ever in any medium

EDIT not to mention it's like $100 cheaper
  • mangoes cash, GC90, The Jackal and 1 other like this

#7 The Jackal

The Jackal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop and Film
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/the-jackals_url

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

Ps4. A ton more games, better performance, more game friendly corporate stance for the future. Look at the hooplah surrounding the upcoming "no man's sky". It looks ridiculous. My new favorite game, rocket league(peace to gc90), exclusive to ps4 and pc. The last of us IMHO is one of the greatest accomplishments ever in any medium

The Last of Us is easily one of the greatest games ever. And No Mans Sky looks incredible. 

#8 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

That Rocket League is certainly similar to Soccer Rally, something I have been playing on the iPad for a few years.
Soccer-Rally-2.png

No Mans Sky is pretty cool. Basically GTA on a galactic scale but with much more "cooler" art.

Cool!

#9 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Interests:Whisky, Wine, Cigars & Coffee
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edtheyounger

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

Ps4
GameCube

The end.

If you can pick up a second hand wii with GameCube ports then it's worth it imo. It upscales them all to 480p and you get the gamecubes library of games plus the wii's. Think I got mine for like $70 and that was about 3 years ago lol. I still play GameCube to this day, besides the metroid games (which are 2 of the best ever), me and my mates always play time splitters 2, mario golf and double dash. It was the best couch multiplayer console ever in my opinion... (I never had a 64 but my guess is that was equally as good) and it would be a great supplement to the ps4, considering most games would come in around $5-$20

#10 bcwarlock

bcwarlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:54 AM

Hm, that's something to consider, (regarding dreamcast).

What are your favorites (games)?

For sure the top is SoulCalibur,Sonic Adventure,Sonic Adventure 2,Shenmue,Jet Set Radio,Marvel vs. Capcom,Illbleed,...also don't know if you still can...but I used to  burn games onto cd-r discs and they played perfectly on the Dreamcast since they have no anti piracy mechanism on them.They have quite a few iso sites dedicated to the system so its not just pirate bay and there are even people doing home-brew games and posting them!

Edit:Also dreamcasts are cheap now,picked one up from amazon marketplace for like 20 bucks and they're built really well compared to todays hardware.

• mangoes cash likes this

#11 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

Fallout 4 on the PS4 looks amazing. 

• Grifty-Rodriguez likes this

#12 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

Fallout 4 looks amazing. 

#13 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

I'm on the Xbox One, I've never been a fan of Playstation exclusives much (I will buy a PS4 when the few I'm interested are finally out though, I did the same with PS3 last gen). A lot of the console exclusive stuff PS4 gets (more on the indie side) are on PC anyway and I have a badass computer to run all that stuff (hooked up to my big screen in living room too, so I can use my Xbox controller for that too). I haven't done much console gaming this generation so far though, I mostly use the Xbox One for media like Hulu/HBO/Netflix/etc etc

For people skipping over the xbox one for now, def try grabbing one years down the road so you can come back to Sunset Overdrive!

Edit: Like grifty mentioned, Rocket League is fucking amazing and if you're not a PC gamer it might be worth going with a PS4 over Xbox One for that alone lol

Edit #2: If you're buying a console, check out eBay deals. They almost always have the PS4 or Xbox for like $30-40 off retail with free shipping/etc and shipped from some big seller like Newegg.

#14 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

^sunset overdrive IS pretty sick, i played that one at my buddy's house for a bit.  not a quarter as good as the last of us though.  oh and bloodborne if you're a true gangster with balls of iron

#15 bcwarlock

bcwarlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

bloodborne if you're a true gangster with balls of iron

^for sure^

#16 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:26 PM

For sure the top is SoulCalibur,Sonic Adventure,Sonic Adventure 2,Shenmue,Jet Set Radio,Marvel vs. Capcom,Illbleed,...also don't know if you still can...but I used to  burn games onto cd-r discs and they played perfectly on the Dreamcast since they have no anti piracy mechanism on them.They have quite a few iso sites dedicated to the system so its not just pirate bay and there are even people doing home-brew games and posting them!

Edit:Also dreamcasts are cheap now,picked one up from amazon marketplace for like 20 bucks and they're built really well compared to todays hardware.

Coolio.

#17 Abracadaver

Abracadaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted Today, 12:09 AM

I second this statement.

#18 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

Project ghost/Hood apparition

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted Today, 12:59 AM

Throw some money into your PC. Use Steam's "big picture mode" and some usb controllers for that comfy console experience. I haven't bought a console since the 360 shortly after launch.

• GC90 likes this

#19 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted Today, 12:10 PM

Throw some money into your PC. Use Steam's "big picture mode" and some usb controllers for that comfy console experience. I haven't bought a console since the 360 shortly after launch.

Seriously, the people who complain about not being able to use PC to sit on couch with controller etc are missing out. It's so easy to get this setup going, this is what I do for any third person/racing/etc type games. Get the laid back style of gaming but with way better graphics and way cheaper game prices. If you get the 360 Controller with Wireless Adapter (the Xbox One adapter is coming out in a few months too, can't wait for that) then you can be all wireless too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users