73 replies to this topic

#61 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:24 PM

Sorry I guess you are not. However, that case had nothing to do with what you said it did.
  • GPBear likes this

#62 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:50 PM

"Fantasy sued Fogerty for copyright infringement (Fantasy, Inc. v. Fogerty), claiming that "The Old Man Down the Road" was simply "Run Through the Jungle" with new words."

not like he got sued for poaching deer in the king's wood, fam

#63 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:03 PM

Ok I see your comparison I just didn't piece together how you were alluding to it through words. Yes the record co. Sued unde that theory but The jury did not find for the record company. All turned out well on appeal for fogherty anyway.
  • GPBear likes this

#64 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:02 AM

that's why they call him, John 'On Appeal' Fogerty

#65 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:07 AM

Man I ain't that white to know what they call him. The case is quite noteworthy for a number of reasons.

#66 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:26 AM

You're white as fuck dawg ain't you greek or some shit?????
  • GPBear likes this

#67 shakey finch

shakey finch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

N-Dubz-dappy-3253439-423-245.jpg

#68 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:54 AM

Haha. Nice observation Grifty. orale, carnal: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=yCdi4R49teI

#69 rasmenelik

rasmenelik

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:CHESS
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/ras-menelik

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:48 AM

Ghost should burn his beard or gut him for that sneak shit. AB saw his window of 15 min of fame on TV and tried to burn the father to his style. The comparison between Ghost & AB is obvious. There is no discussion there... If u think AB got his own style u never listened to Ghost before. People say AB main topics are food, but listen to Ironman and u will here a lot of reference to food (although alot is in slang and has another meaning)

Eventho i am not that familiar with AB discography i do aknowledge he has talent and he ain't dime a dozen rapper, but he has not had big and great infuence as Ghostface hadom Hip Hop (yet)

It is like Shaq walking up to Wilt Chamberlain and saying he is more dominant than Wilt ever been. Or Dilla walking up to Pete Rock and saying he is the tru master and Pete is Soul Brother no2 from now on. Come on man respect the one who infuenced u or paved the way!

But if u do feel u can back that shit up, it's like Omar said in the Wire - "Come at the King you best not miss!" And AB missed!
  • GC90, jbuzz and rasmenelik like this

#70 SuperDarket

SuperDarket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:SUPERDARKET CONTENT AND COllabOrate
  • Soundcloud:SOUNDCLOUD/SUPERDARKET

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

GHOST IS TOLD OLD FOR THIS .. HE SHOULD JUST LET THE KIDS DO HIP HOP .. ACTION IS A GOOD RAPPER JUST LET IT BEAH

#71 SuperDarket

SuperDarket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 PM

You're white as fuck dawg ain't you greek or some shit?????

BRO ITS NOT A WHITE OR BLACK ISSUE BRO .. RACE DOES NOT REALLY MATTER

"ITS NOT JUST A BLACK THING ANYMORE" - lil b  

#72 jbuzz

jbuzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:35 PM

As Ghost said, Action has never put out anything that can fuck with even 12 Reasons to Die 1 or 2, let alone Fishscale or Supreme Clientele, he's shown that Hip hop isn't just a young man's game. I don't think Ghost really made it be about black and white, but about respect and the fact he didn't get shown any. And if he did wanna make it about race, it would be SO easy since there're those tracks/demos where Bronson says the n-word... I think in this conversation it's kind of besides the point. People can throw around phrases like cultural appropriation, but I think in this matter, it's more about style than culture, and above that respect. 

• GC90 likes this

#73 SuperDarket

SuperDarket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:13 PM

As Ghost said, Action has never put out anything that can fuck with even 12 Reasons to Die 1 or 2, let alone Fishscale or Supreme Clientele, he's shown that Hip hop isn't just a young man's game. I don't think Ghost really made it be about black and white, but about respect and the fact he didn't get shown any. And if he did wanna make it about race, it would be SO easy since there're those tracks/demos where Bronson says the n-word... I think in this conversation it's kind of besides the point. People can throw around phrases like cultural appropriation, but I think in this matter, it's more about style than culture, and above that respect. 

ALL TRUE .. IN ALL HONESTLY I FEEL RAPPERS TO CANT TOUCH OLD SCHOOL RAPPERS LOL .. THEY DONT STAND A CHANCE!

#74 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted Today, 09:51 AM

I don't think Ghost really made it be about black and white, but about respect and the fact he didn't get shown any. And if he did wanna make it about race

Ghost actually even mentions this in the video, check the 1:40 mark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

mangoes cash