62 replies to this topic

#61 Sixfingerz

Sixfingerz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted Today, 02:13 PM

Added a few vocal shots and a homerecorded clap. The percussion are from that ping-pong like sample .

#62 Mixamyte 1

Mixamyte 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/#mixamyte1

Posted Today, 02:14 PM

#63 Mink

Mink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/minkc - Smells Funky Productions

Posted Today, 03:34 PM

Ok, here is my kinda non-entry this week. But I need to explain why it is a bit freaky...

Just been on holiday to the US, came back late yesterday and thought I'd get an entry done. Spent ages tweaking, pitching, filtering the various synth sounds supplied, layered a breakbeat over it and it was turning into a fairly regular track.

Today, came home from work and went to mix it all and for some reason the MPC software had screwed up the programs and sequences, losing most of the samples (or the correct reference within the sample) I had previously built up.

About to throw in the towel, I found a weird glitch in the MPC, in that if I jumped mid-sequence between programs, all sorts of strange parts of the synth sample started playing and building up (even if I stopped the sequence). It was really quite unnerving and if I had more time I'm sure I could have done something useful with it.

But instead I decided to track out to a separate DAW and 'play' the MPC doing the program switch live. The results are mainly odd discordant sounds with a part where the only surviving sequence (including beat) can come in for a bit. Even this is corrupted mind. It just adds to the madness :)

So, for purely experimental sake - here is my 'song'. Back to regular beats next...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mink