#1 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:11 PM

You don't know what you got, til it's gone  ~ Cinderella

Used to listen to Odd Toddlers and Money by Hodgy in gym class texting the first chick who crushed me, so they'll always have a special place in the crates of my soul

lol

#2 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

"@fucktyler

although its no more, those 7 letters are forever."

#3 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

All their better projects were when they weren't together at all in my opinion

• GPBear likes this

#4 lightingpill

lightingpill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/csoim-blank-vids

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

I predicted to myself that this would happen. Eventually, artists that come together for a purpose, be it debauchery, rapping or whatever, they'll eventually break apart and do their own shit somehow, someway. I always thought it would happen when one artist turns on another. But you can make what you want out of the fact that Tyler tweeted that Earl was "an idiot" for popping pills and embracing a shyness on I Don't Like Shit, and on Solace, Earl openly said something like he has no friends. Hey...

#5 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:02 AM

yeah not a hard one to spot with one dude making albums about Camp and the other saying he doesn't go outside, but it's like the Pacquiao loss, inevitable and sad

#6 jbuzz

jbuzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:39 AM

Idk, it's not like they're not gonna collab any more, they still use the same producers and feature on all of each other's shit, I honestly don't see how anything's changed except that there won't be any more OF tapes... Which, to be honest, isn't something I'm very fussed about. OF are a collective like Soulquarians, even though they're not officially a thing anymore, you're still gonna see its shadow in all the individual members' work.

#7 Frankie lee

Frankie lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:36 AM

Good riddance I say.

• jbuzz and EdTheYounger like this

#8 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Yesterday, 03:54 PM

fuck them

#9 jax green

jax green

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted Today, 12:05 PM

There was such a hype to these kids five years ago. I remember every critic saying, "These kids are geniuses!" Then, they started dropping projects, and I didn't really like any of them. It was like, weird old Eminem lyrics over shitty Neptunes production.

It's understandable. They were really young and still finding their way. Earl's new album is great, so I think it just took time.

#10 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted Today, 12:16 PM

lol that's why I don't read critics. I liked them because they were obviously acting like a bunch of idiots and they showed massive respect to MF DOOM. And they fuckin' got away with it.

I saw in Comedians in Cars the other day (weird reference) but they were saying how LA has never been defeated. Seinfeld said how once you create something, it either eats you or you eat it, that's why he walked away from his show. And that LA, no one has ever walked away and LA said "Hey, give that back!"

Well. I think Odd fuckin' Future might have just pulled it off. They came, they saw, they conquered, they never lost even though they never had the stuff to win. They WERE eminem lyrics over shitty neptunes. And they made fucking a lot of money. They were pretty artistic as far as 19 year olds go. And none of them died.

And that, 15 year olds reading this 20 years from now, is the story of Odd Future

The End

• GC90 and jbuzz like this

#11 fungus

fungus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted Today, 01:17 PM

i've never been convinced that they're anything but the "alternative" version of teen pop groups.

this one got a laugh out of me:

#12 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted Today, 05:21 PM

I think the best thing that came from all this Odd Future stuff is that Flylo started rapping lol

• jbuzz likes this

#13 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

GODBODY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Art, Advertising, Graphic Design, Photography....
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/delicuts

Posted Today, 06:07 PM

never really liked them that much... kind of hated the whole horrorcore comeback....it was cool for a little bit, but I got tired of them really quick

#14 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:Whisky, Wine, Cigars & Coffee
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edtheyounger

Posted Today, 06:51 PM

Earls the only kid with real potential. He seems to have grown up pretty quick to, probably something to do with being sent away. Tyler seems like a dude who you would kick out of a party. I grew up with "hardcore" skater kids in a small town and they were intolerable... The whole Jackass/Bam Mergera movement really fucked the skate scene up in my opinion... It was one of the reasons I stopped. Skating became more about ruining someone else's day as opposed to just chilling with friends and skating, odd future stoked that flame. I'm glad earl has kind of separated himself from that image somewhat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Odd Future, Finished, End of an Era

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users