• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Art, Advertising, Graphic Design, Photography....
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/leftfoot1st

Posted Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Kind of getting annoyed with the one time posters in the hype thread....like, can we set a posting limit for that? The spam of tracks in there has completely taken it off course....it used to be a good place for feedback, but is now dismissed as a trash ass section of this forum....

People do go there and I do get good responses, but it's just annoying to have non active and one time users sign up to just make a single post with a link or w.e and a lot of times when you give a response, they never return to respond anyway...it's just like, hey look at my work...peace
  • GPBear likes this

#2 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:52 AM

Maybe they should pay.....

WITH THEIR LIVES!!!!

#3 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted Yesterday, 12:33 PM

i agree with mangoes
  • mangoes cash and GC90 like this

#4 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted Yesterday, 12:36 PM

perhaps they don't believe (in) the hype (thread)

• mangoes cash, GC90 and jbuzz like this

#5 DAWHUD

DAWHUD

Sucker free since 79!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Interests:www.basementaddicts.com
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/dawhud

Posted Yesterday, 02:18 PM

Don't... don't... don't believe the HYPE.

• GPBear likes this

#6 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Black Coffee
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edtheyounger

Posted Yesterday, 02:33 PM

Yeah this topic comes up once every 6 months... If your a first time signup and posting your shit in hype you'll most likely get ignored. If you're active on the forum and participate in discussion other than your own shameless self promotion then you'll get some love. Yeah hype's broken.... But we deal...

#7 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted Yesterday, 04:31 PM

like, can we set a posting limit for that?

Only prob with this is it might lead to more spam on other boards :(

#8 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:14 PM

Only prob with this is it might lead to more spam on other boards :(

Not really, if you set a 50 post minimum...I doubt hey gonna just be here spamming the site with bullshit replies...they might, but then I'm sure someone will get on that persons ass...either way it will give them a chance to take part in discussion...whether or not they spam their way to heaven.

In a sense, it will only ruin that persons image by the time they get to post a link..we will just hate em anyway lol

#9 GPBear

GPBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:15 PM

"Hey everyone, listen to my singular 2 minute track that's usually not mixed well or sounds like a combonation of trap and Far Side Virtual"

Now that it's come to our attention again, maybe we can figure out some really mean shit to say to them in unison that'll make 'em feel bad!

tumblr_lt6wpdp8S51qctwb3o1_500.gif

or set a 6 month minimum on hype posts, or start a thread in Hype for regulars...I guess

#10 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:39 PM

You can make a pinned thread in hype saying read this before you post....in all caps as the title

Then in that it can say if you have less than said amount posts we can flame you and ddos your computer lol

#11 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Black Coffee
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edtheyounger

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 PM

or start a thread in Hype for regulars...I guess

haha that would just become filled with 1 post spammers aswell. Like a hype section within the hype section lol. Tbh hype is pretty useless in general, the only reason I would post in hype is to share my shit with the small community of dudes here I already talk to and respect. Outside of that there's infinitely better options for getting your shit heard. The best way is to actually use soundcloud the way it was intended... Listen to unearthed talent, leave comments, repost shit you like, show love to strangers. On nights where I spend a solid 3-4 hours just actually listening to random dudes on soundcloud and showing them love when it's deserved, it usually always gets returned. And if that fails for you aswell then I would probably start assessing your product...

People all look for this magic bullet shit where they post one thing on a forum and expect some viral type feedback like the second coming of YONKERS. Fact is there's a lot of work in getting your shit seen and heard. First, you need to have good content that people actually want to hear and share. Secondly you need to spend a fuck load of time showing love and sharing other good content, you get back what you put out. This whole 'like for like' mentality can fuck off to. How about just liking something without any expectations... You know... Cause you actually like it. Rant over.

#12 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:08 PM

Lol, that's why it's annoying...they come here and post it thinking they gonna pop off, but nobody even really checks they shit...like they just found out about this site cause they was just put on to dilla or some shit...or just realized stones throw had a lil something to do w Quas or w.e....it's just annoying man...that's all.

And I got plenty of good feedback the other day when I did post something so this has nothing to do with my own shit...I just get annoyed seeing new people come around acting like they gonna start posting on here...like, hey I'm new here...let's be friends...fuck off already...take that shit to reddit

We gotta get the site to be the premium music critique section..come on here and you get your ass shredded if your shit ain't up to par lol

#13 GPBear

GPBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:59 PM

lol you wish Left,

obviously we'll still get some sucka MCs, but I'm only saying maybe start a hype-in-hype thread because there's no chance of me finding old STMB regulars without digging through pages and pages of forums. maybe get a 'greatest hits' thread would be easier.

I don't think any of us are trying to get it perfect, I would just prefer going into hype and see 75% solid material that could be potentially bought or even listened to, as opposed to 75% strange one off soundclouds. I'm cool with guys posting "Hey what's up" posts, but something really irks me about opening a thread and only seeing one beat unless it's for specific drums/mixing/mastering critiques.

#14 LeftFoot1st

LeftFoot1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:03 PM

Feel you,

I just be having mood swings lmao.... Shit gets on my nerve lol

#15 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,817 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Yesterday, 07:30 PM

i like the way it works now, because it's mainly ignored.

asking for people to not post shitty tracks is asking for the internet to stop existing -- that's just part of the virtual contract we've all signed in being allowed unfettered access to the web.

STMB is a meritocracy in the truest sense of the word.

• GPBear likes this

#16 GPBear

GPBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:53 PM

I mean kinda, before twitter and facebook, it was mostly uptight nerds keeping everyone in check. N'ahmsayin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users