The Jackal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop and Film
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/thejackal2011

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

Now you're calling me a dumb ass, an egg head and a socially autistic person lmao. 

How is "Did you not catch any of that on your first two listens?" NOT a disrespectful stab? 

How is "Do you think you have more discerning music taste than Fly Lo?" NOT disrespectful?

(plus several other lines that I can't remember off the top of my head)

I mean if I had actually implied that I had better musical taste than FlyLo and you said that, that'd be one thing. But to just bring that up by twisting my words as proof for your argument? That's some straight up bullshit. And I called you out on it. 

So how were you being diplomatic?

Do you know what diplomatic means? <--- hey look I can talk like you too.

And for the record what you said to GPBear doesn't have anything to do with me directly.  But it is absolutely indicative of your behavior. In this thread at least.

#183 jbuzz

jbuzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:42 PM

Ah. That makes more sense then. Maybe acoustic is the word he meant?

Yeah that's probably a better way to put it

#184 jbuzz

jbuzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

Now you're calling me a dumb ass, an egg head and a socially autistic person lmao. 

How is "Did you not catch any of that on your first two listens?" NOT a disrespectful stab? 

How is "Do you think you have more discerning music taste than Fly Lo?" NOT disrespectful?

(plus several other lines that I can't remember off the top of my head)

I mean if I had actually implied that I had better musical taste than FlyLo and you said that, that'd be one thing. But to just bring that up by twisting my words as proof for your argument? That's some straight up bullshit. And I called you out on it. 

So how were you being diplomatic?

Do you know what diplomatic means? <--- hey look I can talk like you too.

And for the record what you said to GPBear doesn't have anything to do with me directly.  But it is absolutely indicative of your behavior. In this thread at least.

Bro just drop it, JF doesn't give a fuck. Nobody cares about this argument any more, I think we all know what we like/don't like about GKMC and all that shit. Let's not go all Pete Marriott in this muhfucker

• The Jackal likes this

#185 The Jackal

The Jackal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

You're right. It's dropped. Peace.

• jbuzz likes this

#186 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:51 PM

Bet if this conversation was face to face, wouldn't go down like this, people have different ways of interpreting what they READ and HEAR, no one has the right to force shit because they feel differently. And make someone look like a prick because they think differently, THIS IS CYBER BULLYING!! I've read it both ways figurative and literal, and it is what it is. Over a bloody album ? Really ?

Like I said when Flylo pulled Your Dead out the bag, it's wicked I love but....I'm also aware enough to know it's all been done before, it also shows the younger heads have not had enough time to listen to other genre's and study them YET!!, I for one do not like this trap movement being shoved into the public arena, and this is what apparently now qualifies as Hiphop when it's pretty much a mainstream sound (Katy Perry Dark Horse comes to mind), it was bad enough with that fucking Crunk movement that quickly fell off, so his first album I don't like as much as this new one, I like this new one a lot, it's more to my taste of what I like beat wise, and lyrical content, genius..generation defining..Gods gift..no it's not, sorry but I think there are way, way to many artists that have saturated the world with music, it's pretty much damn impossible to define anything as really stand out or a classic, probably due to the drive for making music is completely fucked to what it used to be. 

and James, really shocked you pulled an autistic cuss on someone, that's fucking low. Retard is bad enough, but Autist!!, 

"let's just agree-disagree" post that was again quoted and deconstructed by you -- so whatever, i'm done trying to be diplomatic to an anonymous social autist haha. 

How can you agree to disagree when your last comment is an insult, I never pull you up man, you must of had some sort of inkling I'd come flying in if I see a special needs cuss,

you told your brother or shown him how you have just used his syndrome as an insult ? (that is rhetorical- of course you haven't). You want an end then stop bloody getting him going. 

And this Immortal Tech underlying cuss thing, anyone else gone and built a school for kids with profits that they make from their music ? here check it, 

how many schools or houses could Kendrick build out of his earnings, all good talking but when you actually do something for the good of a community, respect needs to be given, even if you don't like him or his music, If comparisons are going to be made then know what you talking about. Or make sure the guy your going to run into the ground, hasn't done more than the one your defending. Think some peeps have to work on other people having different opinions and tastes.

• The Jackal likes this

#187 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:58 PM

Damn I've actually meant to check out what immortal's been up to. That's dope. I wasn't trying to diss him, but just diss folks who shit on "mainstream" records like illmatic

#188 GPBear

GPBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:38 PM

autist? flautist? Kenny G? The dude standing on one leg?

Nah but for real, I like the album. I just think it's a black messiah wave-rider. I thought it was bad enough d'angelo used ferguson as the reason to release an album, having kendrick drop some black and white picture ish is just too played out for me

• The Jackal likes this

#189 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:55 PM

Damn I've actually meant to check out what immortal's been up to. That's dope. I wasn't trying to diss him, but just diss folks who shit on "mainstream" records like illmatic

I think from what I've witnessed over the years is the personal individuality you can find in a group or artist, gets damaged, when they go mainstream, or succeed commercially, I loved Metallica, then the black album happened, I was literally kicked in for being the only Guns N roses fan in my school, same with Chilli peppers, Nirvana. I ended up ditching a lot of stuff that went popular, cos the same cunts that beat me down for being a metalhead, were now listening to it. When I got in to Cypress Hill, oh ! that wasn't allowed because I was a Metalhead. I had no right apparently.

To me the people that put the money into the mainstream and don't have a clue about the roots, ruin the whole thing, I think subconsciously, it's actually ingrained in a lot of us, what mainstream means to a lot of us, this is the norm this is it, things are underground because the mainstream don't get it, it strives to throttle the essence of real in every form and turn things we related to into cash cows. 

#190 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:00 PM

But dude. Illmatic wasn't a very "mainstream" record before it came out. His first appearance was on main source for chrissake. The beats are from premier, tip, and large pro...... It's not some jayz record or some shit like that

EDIT point is, sometimes fools end up going "mainstream" because it's plain as day that they're ultra dope

EDIT2 why the fuk am I talking about this shit gotdam let's get back to mr lamar

#191 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Yesterday, 10:46 AM

and James, really shocked you pulled an autistic cuss on someone, that's fucking low. Retard is bad enough, but Autist!!, 

"let's just agree-disagree" post that was again quoted and deconstructed by you -- so whatever, i'm done trying to be diplomatic to an anonymous social autist haha. 

How can you agree to disagree when your last comment is an insult, I never pull you up man, you must of had some sort of inkling I'd come flying in if I see a special needs cuss,

you told your brother or shown him how you have just used his syndrome as an insult ? (that is rhetorical- of course you haven't). You want an end then stop bloody getting him going.

i understand where you're coming from, dude, but i think the context is very clear in this case -- you can even read the posts leading up to it if you'd like.  i think we may disagree on this, but i'm a subscriber to the belief that words do not inherently cause harm to someone, and it's up to context to determine the intent behind the phrasing.  i mean, even in that one little sliver of dialogue you pulled to quote me with, it clearly sets up the idea that debating with someone like Jackal is much akin to dealing with a stubborn autistic person (i should know)...

and if there's one lesson i would like to impart to my bro as he gets old enough to start trekking through this world, it would definitely be to not let other people's words get the best of you -- because it's a pretty cold fucking world, and most people aren't even going to have the empathy to realize his condition and just treat him like a freak until he learns how to assimilate, if ever.  i see that shit all the time in the real world with other people, so regardless of how well i treat him he's still gonna have to deal with bullies and shit the moment he leaves my side -- so why not instill confidence and strength in him, instead of telling him he needs to drop down to the floor and crumple because some asshole at his school called him a retard...do you get what i'm saying, ODK? 

we should not be focusing on words -- especially words as goofy as "autist" being used to literally illustrate the difficulty in communicating with someone...i admire the compassion from people like you, but this hyper-sensitive mindset everyone seems to be adopting is just completely murdering comedy and free expression for people like me.  maybe Jackal should hit me back with a few zingers and we'll call it even?

#192 GPBear

GPBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:44 PM

yeah but you're throwing that shit around a lot, kanye's autistic, we're autistic, Kramer from seinfeld (I'd assume)

I'm not buying it, like I'm not buying TPAB

SKEETSKEET

#193 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Yesterday, 01:20 PM

^ i'm bringing it back ;)

augusta-6242-sports-flex-wicking-visor.j

autism is now something in the English lexicon, and it's not going away any time soon...and to deny that people on the spectrum aren't (in a majority of cases) awkward or exemplary of being difficult to handle is to deny the seriousness of the condition itself. 

Kanye West is probably on the spectrum, and that's not even a joke necessarily -- i just think he literally has Asperger's, which just so happens to be pretty funny in his particular case.  if you guys don't think autism can be hilarious, then you've most likely never spent enough quality time with those afflicted with the condition for your opinion to even matter...so yeah, social brownie points don't really account for much here.  but anyway:

#194 jbuzz

jbuzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Mad coincidence

http://www.latimes.c...0327-story.html

#195 The Jackal

The Jackal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:28 PM

maybe Jackal should hit me back with a few zingers and we'll call it even?

Except I never wanted this to turn into a shit slinging fest. It doesn't bother me what you call me. It bothers me that you have to resort to that at all. 

You say I was "the only one being disrespecful" but how? Because I broke down your posts section by section?

I've literally never been to a forum where that WASN'T commonplace. It's been done to me a hundred times by a hundred people. And I've never been insulted by it. There's nothing inherently disrespectful about breaking down someones posts. It's the contents of the reply that is either disrespectful or not. And the contents of my replies were open minded, diplomatic, and genuine(imo)

People break down posts for ease of explanation. Also so that they can convey larger amounts of information, and be more thorough with their points. 

You say that I was breaking down your posts to prove you "Sooooooooooo wrong" and that's not what I was doing at all.

If you actually read my first few posts where I was breaking down your statements I was careful to not use declaratives. I even said things like "You're right. I probably did miss things." How could me admitting that I missed something not be diplomatic? 

In my opinion it was you who broke diplomacy by consistently making negative assumptions about my character. Such as implying that I was too shallow to grasp the complex concepts of the album. Or telling me that I failed to invest myself properly. 

And also, by twisting my words. Implying that I think of myself as having better artistic standards than Fly Lo. Or implying that I think all B movies are shitty. 

These sorts of things may not have been intentionally insulting, but they were. I'm just trying to convey to you how I took offense to what you were saying. 

But if you did find the content of what I initially said to be disrespectful can you quote me the exact sentences where I was being disrespectful to you?

If it's a misunderstanding, maybe we could clear it up. Then we could call it even?

Also, I know that I said disrespectful things later on, which was immature of me, but I feel as though I only got disrespectful after you had already said several disrespectful things to me over the course of several posts. 

• jbuzz likes this

#196 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:26 PM

i understand where you're coming from, dude, but i think the context is very clear in this case -- you can even read the posts leading up to it if you'd like.  i think we may disagree on this, but i'm a subscriber to the belief that words do not inherently cause harm to someone, and it's up to context to determine the intent behind the phrasing.  i mean, even in that one little sliver of dialogue you pulled to quote me with, it clearly sets up the idea that debating with someone like Jackal is much akin to dealing with a stubborn autistic person (i should know)...

and if there's one lesson i would like to impart to my bro as he gets old enough to start trekking through this world, it would definitely be to not let other people's words get the best of you -- because it's a pretty cold fucking world, and most people aren't even going to have the empathy to realize his condition and just treat him like a freak until he learns how to assimilate, if ever.  i see that shit all the time in the real world with other people, so regardless of how well i treat him he's still gonna have to deal with bullies and shit the moment he leaves my side -- so why not instill confidence and strength in him, instead of telling him he needs to drop down to the floor and crumple because some asshole at his school called him a retard...do you get what i'm saying, ODK? 

we should not be focusing on words -- especially words as goofy as "autist" being used to literally illustrate the difficulty in communicating with someone...i admire the compassion from people like you, but this hyper-sensitive mindset everyone seems to be adopting is just completely murdering comedy and free expression for people like me.  maybe Jackal should hit me back with a few zingers and we'll call it even?

Words don't cause harm!!!!!! you sure you want to roll with that ?

You can literally kill someone with words, or enlighten, words are energy, here is proof

http://www.dowsers.c...ges-from-water/

Considering we're made up from water think what it does internally. So yeah monitoring what and how you say something is pretty dam important.

What you also know is not all Autistic people are the same, so to compare Jackal to that falls apart, majority of people don't spend all their time with Autistic people, so they are not going to understand the funny side, I do get what you mean about the funny moments, but as I will maintain if your getting stressed about how stubborn someone is being, is it your issue with the way you react to it or is it theirs. It's not hypersensitivity it's being of the opinion that it's not funny, and when you can not be heard, how can you tell it's funny, writing is literal, we communicate that way here. So what is said will be taken as literal.

#197 jbuzz

jbuzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted Today, 12:40 AM

Words don't cause harm!!!!!! you sure you want to roll with that ?

You can literally kill someone with words, or enlighten, words are energy, here is proof

http://www.dowsers.c...ages-from-water

I appreciate your message bro, but don't believe that Gwyneth-Paltrow-water bullshit. Just stick with saying something that everyone knows, like "sticks and stones may break my bones but words cause permanent psychological damage that i will never recover from"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users