- My friend Jeff, while stoned.

• James Frank. likes this

#32 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted Yesterday, 09:19 AM

I think he makes a plausible distinction whether you look at it from the side of the minority and majority. Maybe forced assimilation would be a more appropriate way of stating it. That the bible was written based upon borrowing from pagan lore and any esoteric knowing the ledge, is distinct from the word transmitted through the mouths of the Apostles who bore witness. One thing the pro-black teachings can be criticized for, as I see it-it's blanket denial of any discovery in the West. Did the ancient Greeks steal from the Eastern traditions-probably somewhat-but not categorically.

To lump Christians in one category with idoloters and barbarians from the West is outright asinine.

the greeks got alot of their wisdom from egypt, they were infatuated with it... once they conqured and got control of the library in alexandria they applied a ton it to their culture and changed the names of alot of the Gods... the ptolemy empire was the forefront... even now in ameirca they do this... im not into egyptian culture im just saying...

but when you say pro black teachings what are you refering to brother?

#33 1stN3rd

1stN3rd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/1stn3rd

Posted Yesterday, 09:57 AM

Also the Nazis stole many things from the Egyptians, such as using Jews as slaves. People always forget that one in their list of cultural accomplishments by the Egyptians.

#34 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:14 AM

^the same can be said about the Assyrians. The " Modernized"Turks were another story.

#35 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:12 AM

the greeks got alot of their wisdom from egypt, they were infatuated with it... once they conqured and got control of the library in alexandria they applied a ton it to their culture and changed the names of alot of the Gods... the ptolemy empire was the forefront... even now in ameirca they do this... im not into egyptian culture im just saying...

but when you say pro black teachings what are you refering to brother?

I am not ready to entertain a scholarly debate on the issue, but, I can say that the mystery schools were established in Egypt circa 545BC. So yes sojourns were made to the East. Osiris is probably the first reccognized Gos and that is how I learned history. And there is archaeological evidence in Greece of temples devoted to Osiris. Mathematics were definitely brought over-not questioning that-but to say that Egypt modernized greece is too much, the philosophies were being studied in Greece for a long time,

As for my last comment about the pro lack teachings I was speaking directly about the Greek issue. The Greeks were not gays running around in loin cloths like sharp ton publicly asserted. I don't doubt for one minute that Alexander and his army pilfered through the conquered territory and claimed subjects-but to disregard hellenization and the teachings of Aristotle, just doesn't make historical sense. I recognize the argument, however. I hope you didn't find my post offensive geech. I was a little flip-so apologies.

#36 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted Yesterday, 02:04 PM

I am not ready to entertain a scholarly debate on the issue, but, I can say that the mystery schools were established in Egypt circa 545BC. So yes sojourns were made to the East. Osiris is probably the first reccognized Gos and that is how I learned history. And there is archaeological evidence in Greece of temples devoted to Osiris. Mathematics were definitely brought over-not questioning that-but to say that Egypt modernized greece is too much, the philosophies were being studied in Greece for a long time,

As for my last comment about the pro lack teachings I was speaking directly about the Greek issue. The Greeks were not gays running around in loin cloths like sharp ton publicly asserted. I don't doubt for one minute that Alexander and his army pilfered through the conquered territory and claimed subjects-but to disregard hellenization and the teachings of Aristotle, just doesn't make historical sense. I recognize the argument, however. I hope you didn't find my post offensive geech. I was a little flip-so apologies.

i have super tough skin lol not a sensitive cat...only when im physically harmed or decieved do i get offended... i see what ur saying tho and have alot to say on it but ill leave it at that for now thanks for the response!

#37 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:06 PM

Post your points whenever you get the chance. We can weigh in the plausibility on any points we disagree about. I don't necessarily appreciate historical cover-ups. I would take more offense to discussions about Western Europe AD.

#38 Jubito

Jubito

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:40 & A BLUNT, light1up, light the doobie 'till it glow like a ruby
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/jubitoo

Posted Today, 03:31 AM

Merry Christmas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users