6 replies to this topic

#1 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:30 PM

Yo! I'm going away over Xmas for 2 weeks and I can't take all my equipment with me so I was wondering how viable iPads are for beat making as an end to end (all in one) tool? I have one already with a copy of imaschine but I would like to be able to record youtube audio in (for samples). The whole 'iTunes library only' thing ain't gonna fly. Any recommendations for apps or ways of recording youtube Audio straight onto the ipad without the need for jail breaking? I've noticed they just added audio busing but not sure how that works.

Daps,

-ed.

#2 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:33 PM

The app store is full of music programs. Some are all inclusive, drums, synths etc. I am sure there are ones that do sampling. Just search negro. We are in the days of Google. As far as youtube, you can convert any youtube vid to an mp3 and download via some sight. As far as having that file on your iPad, not sure.

Good luck!
  • EdTheYounger likes this

#3 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 PM

The app store is full of music programs. Some are all inclusive, drums, synths etc. I am sure there are ones that do sampling. Just search negro. We are in the days of Google. As far as youtube, you can convert any youtube vid to an mp3 and download via some sight. As far as having that file on your iPad, not sure.
Good luck!

Cheers mang, yeah I've been doing a bit of searching, I know there's a lot of apps just not sure if anyone around here had some experience/knowledge. I don't wanna pay that green to end up with some shitty edm app or something lol. I know OH NO uses a lot of ipad when on the move, just after some advice. More just for ruff drafts so I can keep on creating on the move ya'dig?

Thanks again.

#4 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,762 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:03 PM

There are some great synth sequencer ones. But as far as sampler ones, not sure. Probably are.

#5 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Yesterday, 11:02 PM

i have a free, ad-filled version of this program called Musaico on my phone...it's really nothing special, but it allows me to loop tracks and hear how they sound pitched down -- it's very handy for on-the-go sketches.

but then again, my workflow is pretty complex and usually planned months in advance.  i have beats yet to be made for songs i look at as basically finished on the lyrical side.

• EdTheYounger likes this

#6 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,762 posts

Posted Today, 04:29 AM

Y not GarageBand? 5 bucks. You can certainly fuck with audio files.

#7 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Today, 11:05 AM

idk, i'm just not into the whole "beats on-the-go" thing...i already have a laptop, how much more convenient does it have to be before it feels like something totally different?

i do get ideas as i listen to new music though, and its a nice, simple solution if i hear something with potential to just load it up and hear what the basic loop would sound like. i'm not looking to actually make beats on my phone, something about that just doesn't feel true to the nature of music production...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users