386 replies to this topic

#361 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:13 PM

I wish they never surfaced-so,e of the Dumile rhymes were pretty bad. He just threw up a mish mash of words. Its fun to see the dickriders react to that thread. Received some hate from Brits for criticizing the quality of the rhymes. Seems like this has become quite a fetish.

#362 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

lmao those are both old as fuck... am i missing something? these aren't new versions are they?

#363 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:18 PM

Sounded like the same old versions to me

• Grifty-Rodriguez likes this

#364 AntTheKnee666

AntTheKnee666

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:AntTheKnee999 was my old account

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:06 PM

Sorry to switch the topic but does anyone know the sample for Madlib raw medicine intro ? with the girl singing i cannot find the sample anywhere does anyone know thank you

#365 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:42 AM

who's got two copies of the EP in their fat, cracker fingers?

#366 Wenzel Dashington

Wenzel Dashington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:14 PM

Sorry to switch the topic but does anyone know the sample for Madlib raw medicine intro ? with the girl singing i cannot find the sample anywhere does anyone know thank you

COPYRIGHT LAWYER ALERT!

• SwampThing and GC90 like this

#367 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:41 PM

No compensation for said sample. I cant believe youd want to use that sample. Unremarkable sample.

#368 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

ZzVGkso.jpg

Got this in the mail today, a little sad I didn't get a cat art but still pretty cool. Badass beats as everyone expects, still not feeling this Future Islands dude much though. The Searching for Stoney Jackson ntro dude sample makes an appearance here which was funny

#369 AntTheKnee666

AntTheKnee666

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:AntTheKnee999 was my old account

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

COPYRIGHT LAWYER ALERT!

i just wanted to hear the actual song 

#370 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

ZzVGkso.jpg

Got this in the mail today, a little sad I didn't get a cat art but still pretty cool. Badass beats as everyone expects, still not feeling this Future Islands dude much though. The Searching for Stoney Jackson ntro dude sample makes an appearance here which was funny

Wow that looks like a weird interpretation of the holy eastern Roman Empire double headed eagle. Sucks you didn't get what you ordered but hey, you already found that dudes shitty verses. The guy looked like a a pervy Mormon on the loose. That nigga took off his shirt to to change into something cooler to take the pic on the stairs that you see and his back looked like Sasquatch. His mic skills were hella weak. The crowd ate sasqatchs routine up though-well, except for he guy who at the show who posted earlier in the thread. Who told a Canadian nigga he should rap. Only one legend ever from Canada and he was eye of the tiger italian not Mormon perve.

Nice set-up at your crib btw. Very 70s. hope you get mad laid.

I think he took his groupie out for some rainbow sherbet or something. she was a skinny 6 on 10 point scale. Cringes induced when on the mic. I think his band mates thought the rhymes were mad gay too.

#371 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:54 PM

Yeah man, I know I was a hater when I joined STMB about the Freddie Gibbs stuff but that was more about the music video being super corny, that Thuggin EP was great (and so were the rest of those 12"s before Pinata). I just mention that because I'm not a big fan of this dude as well. This EP was super boring outside of the beats, in my opinion this was like DOOM pairing up with Bishop Nehru... I mean I think I even would have preferred it if that joke (Madlib + Bishop) came true over what this project is sounding like. Never heard of Future Islands, tried listening to some of that today and wasn't feeling it either.

At least we have that MED/Blu/Madlib record to look forward to this year.

Edit:

Nice set-up at your crib btw. Very 70s. hope you get mad laid.

Thanks, I wish my setup worked that way lol

Edit #2:

lol, I submitted this to Discogs and dude already trying to get $55 -- http://www.discogs.c...release/7287123 . They were just waiting for someone else to add it to the site, lazy dudes.

Dunno if any people are crazy and think about buying from a flipper like that, but this EP isn't worth it, just wait till September

#372 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:08 PM

Speak your mind brother. You have that crate-digging ESP. I knew there was no way I was gonna drop 25 bucks on that stuff when I walked in. I chatted up the skinny Nordic gal selling it got into the specifics and what not-I was like is this rock music ala rock konducta. She's like ah no it's Madlib. I was like yeah-but, did he record it on an IPAd? What's special about it? She couldn't give me an answer. Super nice gal and even think she was checking me out despite my DOOM gut. I used to fuck with skinny Nordic gals like that that wear Native American bracelets to show off their tone arms.
Anyway, I think you are spot on with what you are saying. I later checked out who these guys were on YouTube-I had no clue who the white people around me were. That's when I found out they make hokey music with bad keyboard chops.
  • GC90 likes this

#373 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

hahaha your descriptions of these experiences are too good. Pretty lame people helping out at the show don't know much about the Madlib :( The only reason I got it for $25 was for Madlib beats and while they are good, I would even say these aren't as solid as the ones on any of the FG 12" anyway. I never feel bad about throwing money at anything Madlib does though so meh.

lol @ this performance btw

I'm really just curious how Madlib got connected with this dude. With FG it was through Lambo, wondering about who got these guys together this time.

#374 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:51 PM

Yeah that was tough to watch. Thanks for the words concerning my descriptions, I've been so Eeyore lately I'm glad I'm making some sense and showing some modicum of being geeked. Not sure how they got set up but Eothon seemed to be watching dude like you watch fellow performers at your grade school talent show. Every Latino in the place was carrying the record. Cookie cutters mostly-hip shoes (Jordan's I wore in 88) and stupid colored socks. I recall feeling way old until I saw that mc and the other silkscreen artist who was a dusty white dude with long hair and a goatee. That guy knew a shit ton of music, too...

I do know that my friends daughter took pics of all the important acts at the festival that weekend, and her photog sights were like ooh I love this guy. I can't wait until I hang out with her to ask how he is so popular and how she lists after this guy.

#375 Abracadaver

Abracadaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:20 PM

I'm really just curious how Madlib got connected with this dude. With FG it was through Lambo, wondering about who got these guys together this time.

I was wondering if it was because the welcome to Los Santos album. I think he was on that with oh no and alchemist if I'm not mistaken. Just a shot in the dark.
  • GC90 likes this

#376 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:37 PM

dude, im so glad there's another white person rapping about the weather and atmosphere and snow while putting his hood over his eyes.

bonus: he's old!

nah but the guy's got the new school funk, like where you wear shoes that light up in the heels. shit's only gonna be poppin in the 2010s, so get the skrilla while you can

#377 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:53 PM

I was wondering if it was because the welcome to Los Santos album. I think he was on that with oh no and alchemist if I'm not mistaken. Just a shot in the dark.

Yeah I actually noticed he was on that while cruising around Discogs info, didn't think of that being the connection though (with Oh No/Alchemist being so involved with all the GTA music stuff). Interesting thought anyway, curious if the connection bit will come up in any interviews later on.

#378 NickleBanks

NickleBanks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:44 AM

I don't really want to get near the rough suggestion above that Madlib should only work with non hairy, young, Canadians and only if they're a (the) legend ... did I get that right? ... I haven't heard the EP yet so I have no idea about this MC . So I guess this is off topic but someone did bring up Canada so whatever... here's a fairly recent mixtape from a Canadian MC over a Madlib beat -  take it or leave it, I cannot vouch for his age, shirt, or hair: https://youtu.be/7uYG_XDVZgg?t=2m58s

#379 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:09 AM

GC90 felt bad about getting a "limited" edition EP without exclusive album art. I told him not to sweat it, because it's kind of weird to call this a Madlib Invazion exclusive. I have many years of hip hop listening iunder my belt, including other genres. Madlib made hip hop music and experiments in other genres. This guy who may be Canadian, though he reps Maryland in the video above is a subpar emcee and I question the legitimacy of the music he normally ales. The EP features beats rapped on by a subpar MC. GC90 is such a fan of Madlib that he purchased an EP with 3 instrumentals and 3 rap laden tracks. You got mad at the suggestion that Canada doesn't have MCs. 90 percent of this board sadly or ST fans, owing to their age, maybe, couldn't recognize a real mc if he was staring them in th face. GPBear touches on the odd novelty of this guy shoehorning himself into a world of danger and discussing the 808s utilized by crappy producers. Apologies if the music I suggest is cacophonous and outdated, though it hails from TO:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=C2tI2brvedc
  • NickleBanks likes this

#380 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:15 AM

dont question my knowledge of canadian hip hop.

"Infoooormer"

• bamajoe and Dirty Cyclist like this

#381 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

• bamajoe likes this

#382 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

I listened to the EP 3 times or so while building a marble run with my son, and I liked it. I have not given it a proper listen in the car or on headphones yet, so the final verdict isn't in yet...

• GC90 likes this

#383 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:09 AM

Should realize if it wasnt for these "old crotchety guys" who made music 20,30,40,50 years ago, you would have no records to sample. 

Ole. We can put this topic to rest.

#384 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:08 PM

i just wanted to hear the actual song

Pick up any neo soul fu fu RnB track by a female songstress from the early eighties. Chop and reverse. Same effect.

#385 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:11 PM

Pick up any neo soul fu fu RnB track by a female songstress from the early eighties. Chop and reverse. Same effect.

are you alright MWB?

#386 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Meant to say the nineties. I'm ok what's up? Maybe I have the wrong track. I presumed he meant the intro to the remix. Judging by your reaction I was way off:)

That and it doesn't se customary to call out samples.
  • Dirty Cyclist and MWBOOGIE like this

#387 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted Today, 03:24 PM

just checking in on ya. Hope things are well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users