Photo

MF GRIMM & Drasar Monumental/GMV-3:Phoenix ??

GMV-3 THE PHOENIX PROGRAM MF GRIMM DRASAR MONUMENTAL vendettavinylvietnam.com

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 geewon001

geewon001

Funky Psychic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Location:Detroit; "Tha Dee"; Motown; Murda Mitten; Dirty Glove; Iron Fist

Posted 29 November 2014 - 11:34 PM

...just thought I'd share this, it's totally a shock for me...Any thought?!?

MF Grimm & Drasar Monumental — “Glaciers of Icex” (AUDIO) From the GMV-3: The Phoenix Program LP 

mf-grimm-drasar-monumental-gmv-3-phoenix

..."The epic conclusion to one of the most ground-breaking and talked about album trilogies, GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM 3,-THE PHOENIX PROGRAM by DRASAR MONUMENTAL and MF GRIMM highlights the social and economic unrest of a generation. This third release has crafted a battlefield opus that is jammed packed with digital MC dominance, international intrigue, and historical framework marred by political rhetoric…

Using a brush dipped in the styles of Oliver Stone and Akira Kurosawa, this lyrical masterstroke paints a world that ascribes a conscious sense of realism and foreboding, sending a tidal wave of darkness and truth that all must reckon with…

The deadly duo of innovative producer DRASAR MONUMENTAL and award-winning writer MF GRIMM presents the final act of one of the most ambitious undertaking in music history…One that will be talked about for years to come…

*INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING FEES VARY.
*LIMITED EDITION (500 PIECES).
*ARTWORK BY KHUFU ONERZ.

TRACKLIST-
SIDE A.
1.”BIRTH OF VIOLENCE”.
2.”RHYMES AGAINST HUMANITY”.
3.”SONG OF THE WINTER SOLDIER”.
4.ECONOMICS”.
5.”ONE BULLET AWAY,TWO STEPS FROM HOME”.
6.”APOCALYPSE NOW”.
7.”DUST TO DUST”.

SIDE B.
8.”MORAL COMPASS” – (FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR).
9.”A GENTLEMEN NEVER KISSINGER AND TELL”.
10.”GLACIERS OF ICEX”.
11.”FAMILY JEWELS”.
12.”PATSY” (BEST OF THE WORST, FIRST OF THE LAST).
13.”FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO LABEL US”.
14.”HANDS UP TO HEAVEN, FEET FIRM IN HELL”.
15.”HARMONICS”.
16.”CHAIN LETTER”.

#2 geewon001

geewon001

Funky Psychic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:06 AM

Please, Don't snooze!

MF Grimm & Drasar Monumental  "Good Morning Vietnam-3 :The Phoenix Program" LP {OFFICIAL VIDEO/Trailer/Sampler for the LP}

..."Good Morning Vietnam 3 "The Phoenix Program" The final conclusion of a 3 part saga" on VENDETTA VINYL

#3 geewon001

geewon001

Funky Psychic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:31 AM

• soulREBEL360 likes this

#4 soulREBEL360

soulREBEL360

Certified ST Dope(ness) Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/soulrebel360

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:32 PM

that second vid got an ill ass loop tho

#5 Machiventa

Machiventa

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Interests:Love, Hugs, & Hip Hop Soul

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

this is the first I've heard of any grimm material since that only live twice comic book/album release. whatever happened to day by day? they used to have quite a few artists and even started branching out into electronic and alternative type shit but haven't really heard anything since around 2006-ish. 

#6 IshmaelBlack

IshmaelBlack

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

Hi, I'm the CDO for Day By Day Entertainment, I should be able to help out with Machiventa's questions (and anyone else's).

MF Grimm took some time off of the music industry after the release of American Hunger to focus on other things, such as comic books and journalism. The label remained largely inactive between 2006 and 2010, although we co-released The Hunt for the Gingerbread Man with Class A records and in 2010 we released YOLT. Grimm came back to recording in 2012 when he teamed up with Drasar Monumental for a conceptual trilogy called "Good Morning Vietnam." Part 1 was released in 2012 on Drasar's Vendetta Vinyl label, part 2 in 2013 and part 3 was just released in November, although the digital release will occur by early next week, or as early as today, depending on iTunes.

As of about a month ago, Day By Day has started up again. I can't say much at this point, but there are a lot of exciting things coming from the label, so keep your eyes and ears open.

• Machiventa likes this

#7 Batou_84

Batou_84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Art, Tree, The Major's Thighs, Bitching Togusa

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

Hi, I'm the CDO for Day By Day Entertainment, I should be able to help out with Machiventa's questions (and anyone else's).

MF Grimm took some time off of the music industry after the release of American Hunger to focus on other things, such as comic books and journalism. The label remained largely inactive between 2006 and 2010, although we co-released The Hunt for the Gingerbread Man with Class A records and in 2010 we released YOLT. Grimm came back to recording in 2012 when he teamed up with Drasar Monumental for a conceptual trilogy called "Good Morning Vietnam." Part 1 was released in 2012 on Drasar's Vendetta Vinyl label, part 2 in 2013 and part 3 was just released in November, although the digital release will occur by early next week, or as early as today, depending on iTunes.

As of about a month ago, Day By Day has started up again. I can't say much at this point, but there are a lot of exciting things coming from the label, so keep your eyes and ears open.

Word thanks for this update. I was on Grimms Twitter and it seemed like he was dabbling in Boxing promotion now?!? I always kept an ear for DaybyDay as I liked Bink a little and definitely fucked with prophetix. Any news on those artists? GMV is all fire drasar is a great producer to complement Grimms at times "cinematic" style. 

#8 IshmaelBlack

IshmaelBlack

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

Word thanks for this update. I was on Grimms Twitter and it seemed like he was dabbling in Boxing promotion now?!? I always kept an ear for DaybyDay as I liked Bink a little and definitely fucked with prophetix. Any news on those artists? GMV is all fire drasar is a great producer to complement Grimms at times "cinematic" style. 

I can't say much about upcoming news at this point, but keep your eyes and ears open for lots of exciting stuff. To keep up to date on news from Day By Day and MF Grimm, you can follow the respective Facebook pages, new information will be announced there, as well as the website, although work is being done on it right now.

https://www.facebook...mfgrimmofficial

https://www.facebook...ayEntertainment

#9 alexSS1

alexSS1

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:52 PM

Hi all!

I'm totally surprised reading the post and watching the video because they are related to Vietnam. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GMV-3, THE PHOENIX PROGRAM, MF GRIMM, DRASAR MONUMENTAL, vendettavinylvietnam.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users