EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:Whisky, Wine, Cigars & Coffee
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/edtheyounger

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

Wifey's at the shops now and picking up my copy of MGSV. I'll give some impressions tomorrow.

#212 Fire Ice Lord

Fire Ice Lord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:35 PM

started playing EYE divine cybermancy again such a dope game

#213 Abracadaver

Abracadaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:41 PM

I'll be picking up metal gear solid after work. I'm looking forward to no sleep for a while.
  • EdTheYounger likes this

#214 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:45 PM

started playing EYE divine cybermancy again such a dope game

I had never heard of it, looks dope though!

#215 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:50 PM

I'll be picking up metal gear solid after work. I'm looking forward to no sleep for a while.

yeah I have an hour left at work, cleared my evening tonight to get some hours in. Hype!

#216 Abracadaver

Abracadaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:07 PM

yeah I have an hour left at work, cleared my evening tonight to get some hours in. Hype!

Same here. About an hour and a half. I'm ready.

#217 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:00 PM

Wifey's at the shops now and picking up my copy of MGSV. I'll give some impressions tomorrow.

Got 7 hours in last night :P

Game's amazing so far. After 7 hours my completion rate is at 5% and I've only upgraded 2-3 items which speaks volumes to the amount of playtime and content this game has wrapped up in it. One criticism I read from other players (not reviews) was the map can become repetitive... While I can see some people would have that view in my opinion Kojima has gone more for depth and density as opposed to sheer scope. All the bases and outposts etc are meticulously designed to offer great stealth gameplay and I have no issue with replaying them over and over under different conditions/circumstances. I'm yet to see the African map but I assume it has the same attention to detail as the afghan one. All in all 0 complaints so far, loving it. Recommend.
  • bcwarlock likes this

#218 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted Yesterday, 03:55 PM

I absolutely hated MGS4 which is why I had zero hype for MGS5. My friends are telling me that it is quite different though, it is a lot more gameplay and less story which I thought was the issue with 4 (less gameplay and way more story that I thought was shitty). Was a huge fan of the series from 1 to 3 though, think I might pick this up sooner than I was expecting to.. I can get it on PC for like $45 or so as well which helps.

I'm not sure if I can tear myself away from Rocket League though, I have 70+ hours in that now and I'm still not close to being bored. When I don't have any friends online I play alone in ranked 1v1 while listening to music, so easy to get sucked in for awhile. Rocket League is like crack

#219 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:16 PM

I never played any besides number 1 which I completed like 3-4 times. It was my favorite Ps1 game and then I picked up the twin snakes version on GameCube which was fiya!

But yeah this seems a lot different to what I've seen of 4... I never got 4 because I read about the 9 hours worth of cutscenes lol. But I think 4 was also pretty linear? 5 is full of possibility, you can approach every situation however you want. It's kind of like a mix between Far Cry 3 and the original splinter cell games. Stealth is my crack so maybe I'm a bit biased but I love getting perfect runs in stealth games, non-lethal, no detections etc and that alone gives this game infinite replay value for me haha.
  • GC90 likes this

#220 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:12 PM

Yeah MGS4 not only had a bunch of cut scenes (which would have been ok if they weren't so lame) but it was also super linear as well. The open world aspect that I've seen with 5 def has me a bit hyped for it now, have Monday off so might just pick this up to play over the weekend.

If you're digging MGS5 might want to check out the new Ghost Recon game whenever that comes out, I'm def hyped for it (I miss playing GRAW on XBL back in the day)

#221 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted Today, 03:37 AM

Yeah MGS4 not only had a bunch of cut scenes (which would have been ok if they weren't so lame) but it was also super linear as well. The open world aspect that I've seen with 5 def has me a bit hyped for it now, have Monday off so might just pick this up to play over the weekend.

If you're digging MGS5 might want to check out the new Ghost Recon game whenever that comes out, I'm def hyped for it (I miss playing GRAW on XBL back in the day)

man don't get me started on tom clancy shit haha. When I mentioned splinter cell thats because chaos theory is still to this day one of my favorite games ever. I fucking loved R6 Rogue spear as a kid and the original orignal ghost recon games. 

I just hope they can get off this "action" shit that COD has influenced in gaming and go back to the grass roots of super hardcore strategic style gameplay. I haven't played a good tom clancy game since R6 Vegas (the first one, I smashed that on XBL also) but R6 Siege, the Division and the new ghost games are showing a lot of promise :)

#222 GC90

GC90

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted Today, 10:30 AM

I just hope they can get off this "action" shit that COD has influenced in gaming and go back to the grass roots of super hardcore strategic style gameplay. I haven't played a good tom clancy game since R6 Vegas (the first one, I smashed that on XBL also) 

Ahhhh R6 Vegas was so much fun back in the day, I played the shit out of that on Xbox Live. While I do like the hardcore strategy of the older Tom Clancy games I still found stuff like GRAW and Splinter Cell Conviction to be enjoyable (that was a lot of fun in co-op anyway) myself. Def curious about the newer titles like the Ghost Recon above, new Rainbow Six and the Division. 

#223 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted Today, 10:59 AM

Ahh, couldn't get into conviction for some reason. Also loved chaos theory though.. Never been a r6 fan. Mad excited for mgs though, my brother is borrowing my ps4 indefinitely but once I get it back I'm going hard on that shit. Huge metal gear nerd

#224 bcwarlock

bcwarlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Making music

Posted Today, 11:49 AM

Just picked up Metal Gear 5...game is fucking amazing....I haven't felt this much freedom in a game i a long time...so many ways to approach a task!Kinda sucks that this will be Kojimas last Metal Gear since he left Konami....

#225 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted Today, 01:23 PM

Just picked up Metal Gear 5...game is fucking amazing....I haven't felt this much freedom in a game i a long time...so many ways to approach a task!Kinda sucks that this will be Kojimas last Metal Gear since he left Konami....

It does suck but it's going to keep me busy for a longgggg time. I spent like 2 hours trying to S class 1 missions last night (unsuccessfully), heading back in tonight to try and get it done :P

Super keen to see how the strategy/stealth translates in to the PVP when it drops next month. 6v6 FTW

#226 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted Today, 01:26 PM

It does suck but it's going to keep me busy for a longgggg time. I spent like 2 hours trying to S class 1 missions last night (unsuccessfully), heading back in tonight to try and get it done :P

Hopefully by the time I finally put my controller down on this game, fallout 4 is a nice, discount price haha.

Super keen to see how the strategy/stealth translates in to the PVP when it drops next month. 6v6 FTW

#227 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted Today, 01:27 PM

IMO it's the final metal gear game no matter what konami says

#228 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted Today, 01:57 PM

Ahhhh R6 Vegas was so much fun back in the day, I played the shit out of that on Xbox Live. While I do like the hardcore strategy of the older Tom Clancy games I still found stuff like GRAW and Splinter Cell Conviction to be enjoyable (that was a lot of fun in co-op anyway) myself. Def curious about the newer titles like the Ghost Recon above, new Rainbow Six and the Division.

LVU Campus, T hunt, Realistc = Life.

Never picked up conviction, looked to far in to action direction for my tastes.

#229 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted Today, 06:59 PM

I just watched this for the first time:

I had no idea the mother base aspect of the game was this deep... I thought it was more a side feature, not a focus. I also had no idea it was possible to still get hype for a game you already own lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users