• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Today, 10:43 AM

how the fuck has this not been a thread yet?

i checked, and of the few that are in the message board abyss, none of them have this broad of a topic for their titles, it's always something super specific like "favorite video game" or "what game are you playing right now?"

this is supposed to be a much more broad discussion of video games and the subculture in general, in the same vein of the television, film and animation threads.  so..........comments?

this new Smash Bros. game is making me turgid in my underoos...

but it'll be a long time before i actually get to play it, cause we don't have a Wii U in my household and we're pretty poor as it is haha.

i'm stuck in the past with my tastes anyway, the last few games i've played were these old James Bond games for the PS1 and N64 (not Goldeneye 007) to research for a future (atj) episode.  i've always been amazed by how much variety exists within the umbrella culture of video games...

#2 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted Today, 10:54 AM

Momzi never let me have a console, tho they are clearly the better platform, I am a mobile games guy.

RAD SOLDIERS is the shizzznit. Its like modern day chess, but better! I have had it for two years and have played it everyday since. No joke.

Damn-They-have-a-peace-loving-ginger-guy

#3 Beatronome

Beatronome

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/beatronome

Posted Today, 11:31 AM

I have a PS2, a gameboy color and no smartphone; so needless to say, most gaming is going on on a laptop nowadays.

I mostly like either sports (actually just Fifa, fuck it I'm European), or race games with a twist (CTR all day!) and otherwise tactical stuff like C&C, AoE, Starcraft, Total War and the likes. Latest video game discovery is this turn based Dutch game called Age of Wonders III which just came out this year. The mechanics are incredible. Definitely underrated. Never heard of the series before, but this thing might make me check out the previous installments too.

#4 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted Today, 01:36 PM

Hardcore console gamer since birth. Just finished spending a thoroughly disappointing month with destiny, now I'm in game limbo

#5 Constrobuz

Constrobuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted Today, 04:14 PM

I just recently played Eye:Divine Cybermancy after first hearing about it a few years ago. I slept for too long. If anyone is into Deus Ex type FPS/RPG hybrids, you have to play it. Disregard any dumbass video game "writers" that talk shit about the story/plot/lore, they probably only played for an hour or so, or they're just too stupid to understand it.  The gameplay is a bit unpolished since the game was made by only 12 people, but its fun as hell.

my backlog of games i own and havent even played yet is getting crazy. still havent played metal gear revengeance and i bought it at least 4 months ago. i've ben playing Dynasty Warriors 8:Xtreme Edition for the past few weeks. It's the same fucking game it's been since DW2 yet i still cant get enough.

and my buddy who i havent seen in a few months is in town and he picked up the new smash bros today and we're gonna have a smash party tomorrow lol yay :<D

#6 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted Today, 04:28 PM

lol you would like dynasty warriors you evil bastard.  people like you are why there's gonna be a dynasty warriors 75 and shit.  my homies and i are gonna have a smash off tomorrow too...and some master chief collection.  my boy's hooking it up with a keg of some craft something something and we're gonna get shwaysty tomorrow with some pre-thanksgiving food

#7 DJ Primate

DJ Primate

The Soulful Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted Today, 04:57 PM

I just recently played Eye:Divine Cybermancy after first hearing about it a few years ago. I slept for too long. If anyone is into Deus Ex type FPS/RPG hybrids, you have to play it. Disregard any dumbass video game "writers" that talk shit about the story/plot/lore, they probably only played for an hour or so, or they're just too stupid to understand it.  The gameplay is a bit unpolished since the game was made by only 12 people, but its fun as hell.

I've had EYE in my backlog for ages. Got it for a buck in a Steam sale. I'm finally playing through the first Dead Space (I know, I'm late) but after I'm through with that I'm probably gonna plunge head-first into EYE. Wish me luck.

As far as other video games, I love video games, but I also love a lot of other things so i don't play them as often as I'd like. Fellow PC gaming homies should hit me up on steam: http://steamcommunit...m/id/djprimate/ (steamid: dj_primate)

#8 Constrobuz

Constrobuz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted Today, 05:24 PM

lol you would like dynasty warriors you evil bastard.  people like you are why there's gonna be a dynasty warriors 75 and shit.  my homies and i are gonna have a smash off tomorrow too...and some master chief collection.  my boy's hooking it up with a keg of some craft something something and we're gonna get shwaysty tomorrow with some pre-thanksgiving food

lol the warriors series will never die, they probably dont even need american and european sales since the series is huge in japan. i just hope they branch out and make more stuff like gundam musou and hyrule warriors (i wish i coul play that but i dont have a wii u), especially for PC since im not really into consoles anymore. i havent played the fist of the north star musous but i heard they werent very good, and ive heard even worse about warriors: legends of troy.

#9 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted Today, 05:52 PM

how the fuck has this not been a thread yet?

i remember a while back there was a thread, but it got ignored and forgotten.  i always just assumed nobody else really gamed on here

#10 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted Today, 05:56 PM

the last game i beat was AC: Revelations earlier this year lol...i still had my special edition pre-order copy of AC3 in its original shrink-wrap packaging up until like July or something, so that should inform most of you about how frequently i get the chance to sit down and play some games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users