JoaGymshoe

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/joagymshoe

Posted Yesterday, 01:57 AM

...Congratulations MUMA... welldone!

...J Lylla... everybody who's listened to all the beats is allowed to vote... ...that has always been the case as far as I know...

...However I sometimes find it suspicious when it's somebody's first vote ever on the board also...

...On the flipping matter... some just chop a snare out of a tricky sample and others slow it down, reverse it, filter it and chop it up...

...In both cases the original track is unrecognisable... 

...Acktron said in his rule a couple of weeks ago:  "sample has to be recognisable" so that was cool...

...Anyway there are usually two main opinions... one wants pure flippery and feedback etc... second just wants to enjoy making a beat...

• J Lylla likes this

#62 J Lylla

J Lylla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:aka JYLLΛH
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/jlyr

Posted Yesterday, 02:06 AM

th an i should drop critic on nearly 60 procent of the beats,i aint all about that,and besides that the beats are often dope,so its not even relevant,and if every body just chop and recompose the sample ,it would make it a lot more challenging ,why,because than you really gotta be creative to sound diffrent than all the other entries,you feel me?

i defo do man, and I think this is how I work the samples mostly. But i've got a hell of respect for people with a different approach and still doing dope stuff. And we ain't in the 90's anymore, I'd say everybody (or at least 98%) is working with DAWs, VSTs and digital eqs and compressors and not with (many) external machines or old MPCs, so of course the sounds develop and when you've got more possibilities of working a sample, than you might be motivated to do this. I'm happy that we've got a lot of competition going on in so many different styles. And btw, I don't think people use beats they've been working on long before. I just don't believe that. 

But what I would say is, that there would be more comparative competition not supplying too many samples at the same time. Acapella and a sample is good, but I guess we've had rounds where you had 5-8 samples available, so any competition is loosing its comparative basis more over there then in tweeking the samples digitally. My opinion. I love this board and these people. 

#63 A C K T R O N - B E A T S

A C K T R O N - B E A T S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/acktron

Posted Yesterday, 02:20 AM

Whats the point? If u dont likes a beat dont vote it. If u dont like the winning beat... Nobody cares. If u want critic ask for it... And try harder next Time to win. Most producer here are thinking outside the box and thats fine. If u Cant win with your stuff here its all your thing and stop to blame other peoles productions...
  • J Lylla, Robot Orchestra, MuteMaximus and 1 other like this

#64 MuteMaximus

MuteMaximus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Turtles.
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/mutemaximus

Posted Yesterday, 02:31 AM

Yo thanks for the votes fam!

Making a killer sample pack now and some special rules!

tumblr_m7cip7oZWe1rr6cyuo1_500.gif

• J Lylla and A C K T R O N - B E A T S like this

#65 J Lylla

J Lylla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:aka JYLLΛH
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/jlyr

Posted Yesterday, 02:35 AM

Whats the point? If u dont likes a beat dont vote it. If u dont like the winning beat... Nobody cares. If u want critic ask for it... And try harder next Time to win. Most producer here are thinking outside the box and thats fine. If u Cant win with your stuff here its all your thing and stop to blame other peoles productions...

Outside the box was what I was searching for. Exactly. Thanks Acktron.

#66 MuteMaximus

MuteMaximus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Turtles.
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/mutemaximus

Posted Yesterday, 02:36 AM

BTW Good F Nella, if u want strictly boombap, you're not gonna be happy with the rules this week ;)

#67 5XVT

5XVT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/5xvt

Posted Yesterday, 02:46 AM

Had a mental week work so only just got round to listening to this weeks tracks.

Appreciate all the mentions & feedback on my entry - if the vote was still open I would have gone for MUMA

Fortunately this is whose won the battle so congrats on the win!  :)

• MuteMaximus likes this

#68 Robot Orchestra

Robot Orchestra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/robotorchestra

Posted Yesterday, 04:17 AM

MUTEMAXIMUS,

Heard a lot of great beats, but a lot of top ones had fuck all to do with the sample, often wondered if a lot of producers on here just use already pre-made beats and ideas, and chop a bit of the sample in (sometimes barely) just to qualify for the battle, or do most start from scratch, and work it out from the samples?

Either way its all music and creative, so all good, but does interest me. Peace!

There are a million ways to fux with a sample. So just because the sample isn't recognizable at first glance,

it doesn't mean its not in there.

• Johnny North and MuteMaximus like this

#69 Johnny North

Johnny North

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://www.soundcloud.com/johnnynorth

Posted Yesterday, 06:03 AM

There are a million ways to fux with a sample. So just because the sample isn't recognizable at first glance,

it doesn't mean its not in there.

Amen.

#70 GoodFNeLla

GoodFNeLla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Sjaakie in the mind and heart for always and always
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/goodfellanella

Posted Yesterday, 09:48 AM

Bro,nobody was talkin bout winning beats,and being mad,common man growup and do t take it personal like that,its my right to have a opinion,and if you really read what i said is that some of th e beats wore mad dope (otherwises i would no pt like it on sc,lets keepitpeaceful man

#71 GoodFNeLla

GoodFNeLla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Sjaakie in the mind and heart for always and always
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/goodfellanella

Posted Yesterday, 09:53 AM

BTW Good F Nella, if u want strictly boombap, you're not gonna be happy with the rules this week ;)

lets go bro,im down for many things

#72 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:45 PM

in the early battles recognizability of the sample in the beat's melody was a written rule but it was never clearly defined. if one other person can recognize it versus a majority or everyone being able to

there was also a voting rule that you have to participate or have been a member for two weeks to vote

• JoaGymshoe likes this

#73 Rodgeput

Rodgeput

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Soundcloud:rodgeput@soundcloud.com

Posted Today, 05:07 AM

in the early battles recognizability of the sample in the beat's melody was a written rule but it was never clearly defined. if one other person can recognize it versus a majority or everyone being able to

there was also a voting rule that you have to participate or have been a member for two weeks to vote

I almost appreciate new members participating as opposed to having established members who NEVER vote when they participate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users