#32 The Wig Master

The Wig Master

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted Today, 06:34 AM

walkingshoe -best acapella use in a while. pretty creative

acktron- nod factor high. wondering if the dibiase sfx are detracting from the focus a bit

julian convex- super dope but kinda choppy. maybe another pad would help anchor everything

dr. katz- nice kick but too much soloing for #1 battle status me thinks

robot orchestra- digging the rimshot thing. just slightly too laid back for battling

jakova- strong drums just not crazy about heavy use of pitched down vox chops

muma- really strong entry here. want to give this the win but just need more back alleyness for a battle. this will prob win though

muma's beat was better technically but walkingshoe's was more battle ready (even w the vanilla).

i hope more cats will leave some criticism next week in the comments cause that is actually a lot more helpful than praise. say what you don't like about the composition, mix, etc so we can improve faster and make this whole thing stronger

#33 Areou

Areou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:....well yes music
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/areou

Posted Today, 07:11 AM

my vote goes for (if I liked your beat on sound cloud you made the short list)

MUMA tha MASTA (I almost voted for Aktron)

and to put in my two sense in about critique comments… it is my opinion that music is only taste, and personally I have no idea about anything technical about mixing… so if I don't have anything to bring to the table besides my love of music (all styles and all takes) and my love for making music, should I stop participating on the board… I've been participating on and off for a long time now and I believe my production skills have improved… maybe almost by accident, (I believe) by just trying everything until I find something I like, and because of this overly nice and accepting board I found the courage to try different things and have an excuse to try "something" (almost) every week… and the only good advice I ever received personally was from wigmasta where I sent him a personal message and asked: "how do you make your sound" (he was making a very different sound at the time) and he said: "turn off the quantize" at the time I had no idea what that meant but after a while of making beats I learned what that meant and now I turn it on and off to make beats… but that was it… and sorry for this long winded comment just skip over it and don't read it… still all I have is love for the board and the people on it.. probably because they don't nitpick my beats and just show love?

#34 baadasssssvibes

baadasssssvibes

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted Today, 08:40 AM

MUMA.

#35 DrunkenMaster2

DrunkenMaster2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/drunkenmaster2

Posted Today, 08:43 AM

walkingshoe

irresistibly dope.

thank yall for the love, plays and comments.

peace.

#36 J Lylla

J Lylla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/jlyr

Posted Today, 08:49 AM

and to put in my two sense in about critique comments… it is my opinion that music is only taste, and personally I have no idea about anything technical about mixing… so if I don't have anything to bring to the table besides my love of music (all styles and all takes) and my love for making music, should I stop participating on the board… I've been participating on and off for a long time now and I believe my production skills have improved… maybe almost by accident, (I believe) by just trying everything until I find something I like, and because of this overly nice and accepting board I found the courage to try different things and have an excuse to try "something" (almost) every week… and the only good advice I ever received personally was from wigmasta where I sent him a personal message and asked: "how do you make your sound" (he was making a very different sound at the time) and he said: "turn off the quantize" at the time I had no idea what that meant but after a while of making beats I learned what that meant and now I turn it on and off to make beats… but that was it… and sorry for this long winded comment just skip over it and don't read it… still all I have is love for the board and the people on it.. probably because they don't nitpick my beats and just show love?

Good views man, but I love the way people criticize tracks here as well, personally i appreciate people saying stuff like "I would have liked the drums different", "this one is good, but.."  It's all personal opinion and the best part with this board is that it's all supportive and meant friendly. This is why I came back after more than a year off. I love this thing! 

#37 J Lylla

J Lylla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/jlyr

Posted Today, 09:31 AM

And here's my voting, shortlist and FAV:

Areou x Joa{Breakmaster Cylinder} RawShitPusheroak isleblisS,,,J0ndisJohnny NorthmariolenardVavoom LaHayeVox MoNkeyĪṃƥɵʂşiƃɭȅ∞Ƞ૦ƫȟįȵğWarzenolafconstrobuzPerfect 5thWigMasterDr.KatzJA:KOVA.Robot Orchestra.

My winner is OAK ISLE - that thing just got me and followed me everywhere, sometimes less is more humm? Dope.

#38 Lynchfuchs Peng

Lynchfuchs Peng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/lynchfuchs-peng

Posted Today, 09:32 AM

RUSTLE HUSTLE

VOX MONKEY

ACKTRON

#39 emwu23

emwu23