Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://sixfingerz.bandcamp.com/

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:46 AM

Dope man,

Thanks a lot for sharing !!

I'm going through it now, this is brilliant man, i started from the back to the front. Some GENIUS funk records in there man, holy shit.Some too good too sample hahaha. It's on.

#32 SuperDarket

• Dismissed
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:40 PM

Attached Files

#33 Mister Ugly

Mister Ugly

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Dusty records
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/MisterUgly

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

Alright, shame on me for e-digging, but honestly, who doesn't every once in a while?  -_-

Anyways, I recently stumbled upon this blog post which is basically a dump of about 1500 soul & funk 45s rips from a record store.

The tracks are all cut before the end but it's good enough for sampling, there's some grimy old wax in there so the fact that those are mp3s doesn't matter too much to me, you ain't gonna make a cripsy clean beat out of those anyway.

Some sweet drum breaks in the following ones: 

49, 86, 96, 118, 123, 134, 145, 156, 170, 179, 216, 229, 232,292, 296, 297, 299, 310, 326, 351...

If you checked the link out you can see that downloading these manually could be very time consuming...

I work as a web developer so I came up with a quick script to download them all or by bunch at once, here are the instructions:

• Go to the blog, right click on one of the samples link --> save link as...
    If your browser asks you where to save the file, go to the settings and set a default location so it doesn't ask you next time. Otherwise you're good.
  • Now just copy and paste the following into the address bar while on the blog post (most browsers will remove the "javascript:" at the beginning when pasting, just re-add it manually) then hit enter:

Replace the start=0 & end=200 values with what you want (i.e: here it will download the first 200 samples)

javascript:var start=0;var end=200;var links = document.querySelectorAll('a');if (start < 9) start = 9;for (var i = start; i < end; i++) {links[i].setAttribute('download', '');links[i].click();}

Enjoy ;)

Is this blog still active? I tried listening to a few tracks and nothing was playing.

#34 Barton

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:43 PM

Is this blog still active? I tried listening to a few tracks and nothing was playing.

I just ripped everything, and it seems to be all there. However, I've only auditioned a few random selections.

1428 files each averaging 2-3MB for a total of just under 3GB. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users