#1 Fredson Jacobs

Fredson Jacobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/fredsonjacobs

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:46 AM

Lets discuss the new form in this post.

As i wrote in the post for battle 402, Stones Throw would like to provide some cleared samples that we can use from now on. I don't know if we have to use them or what the plas are from now...

Cut from my other post:

Special info regarding this battle and probably the battles that are to come from now on:

I have received a folder containing 37 "samples" (tracks released on stones throw, to be more exact).

The plan is that the winner can pick one sample from the bunch - it is optional - and then pass the folder on to the next winner.

Combining one of these samples with others would pretty much defeat the purpose and that’s why I haven’t uploaded extra samples besides one of the samples stones throw have provided.

#2 Fredson Jacobs

Fredson Jacobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:55 AM

SCOTTIE ROYAL SAID

With regards to passing on the samples, I'm not sure how the folder is being passed around now, my suggestion would be to have some sort of Dropbox (free accounts get 2gb)...37 x 40 mb roughly is about 1.5 gbs. The winner can then just pass along the user name and PW. Obviously this would be the ultimate test of the honor system!

Also I won't have to go to the ZippyShare which occasionally will try to install rouge shit on my laptop.  -_-

FREDSON SAYS:

I think thats a great idea, because i had to spend the whole morning downloading the very large folder, and only managed to get it because of Robot Orchestra.

Anyone wanna set the dropbox thing up?

#3 Robot Orchestra

Robot Orchestra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/robotorchestra

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:15 AM

Anyone wanna set the dropbox thing up?

Yeah, I'll set one up.

And we'd have to think of a way to keep track which samples have been used yet.

#4 JJ

JJ

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

To be clear, the winner should pick ANY sample they like.   Stones Throw is offering these tracks as sample sources as an option.  This beat battle has, and always should be run by the beat battle community.  Beyond hosting it, we would like to influence it as little as possible.  

• Grifty-Rodriguez, GaucH, Robot Orchestra and 4 others like this

#5 Fredson Jacobs

Fredson Jacobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:49 AM

To be clear, the winner should pick ANY sample they like.   Stones Throw is offering these tracks as sample sources as an option.  This beat battle has, and always should be run by the beat battle community.  Beyond hosting it, we would like to influence it as little as possible.  

Thats good to know. one question though:

Sometimes we have several samples for the same battle.  But have i understood correctly, that if we use the stones throw cleared samples, then we should try not to bring other uncleared samples into the same battle? Or can we do that as we want to?

#6 teeraje

teeraje

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:music bikini, face sit. lip press' love limiter/

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

So are all 37 samples contemporary songs from ST records?   Robot or Fred, if you have heard them all thus far, can you tell us if they are all going to be like this week's selected source?

Yeah, I'll set one up.

And we'd have to think of a way to keep track which samples have been used yet.

can we just delete the sample we used the previous week?  i like the dropbox

• Fredson Jacobs likes this

#7 Fredson Jacobs

Fredson Jacobs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

So are all 37 samples contemporary songs from ST records?   Robot or Fred, if you have heard them all thus far, can you tell us if they are all going to be like this week's selected source?

can we just delete the sample we used the previous week?  i like the dropbox

good idea!

About the tracks, i don't even know if i can say or if its just for the winners to see what there is to choose from?

Maybe someone from ST can post the list of tracks if they are supposed to be official...?

#8 MellowYouth

MellowYouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

sounds dope!

so glad to see the continued support of ST in the battles. they provided this venue for all the beatmakers to get busy on a new production, every week, and some serious talent has come and gone over the years. honestly, some of the best beats, that i would hold right along side to some of the greats, have been made during these weekly battles.

the archive of all the winning beats is something that i try to stay on top of, but during busy times of the year, i fall behind :)

but, to get back on topic.

the way i see it, the extra cleared samples are just that. extra samples. a remix of one of them MIGHT make it onto a Stones Throw release, but could also not turn up anything.

thanks again stones throw dudes!

#9 J Lylla

J Lylla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:aka JYLLΛH
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/jlyr

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

Same from my side, thanks alot! For the samples, I'm glad the BeatBattle can continue as it has been before, giving the chance to pick any sample as it always has been so the whole music knowledge of all potential winners will be and stay accumulated in the future sample supply.

I like the idea of using ST cleared tracks though, especially if it stays an option and I think we could say that for any case, where a winner won't be able to pick a sample / didn't get the fact he won / is unavailable - in this case the second should pick a sample from this ST Library, so that the community gets to work on a ST track from time to time.

For the dropbox, you could create two folders, used / unused, so the samples don't get lost and still it's easy to see... 

#10 Robot Orchestra

Robot Orchestra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/robotorchestra

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:56 AM

Same from my side, thanks alot! For the samples, I'm glad the BeatBattle can continue as it has been before, giving the chance to pick any sample as it always has been so the whole music knowledge of all potential winners will be and stay accumulated in the future sample supply.

I like the idea of using ST cleared tracks though, especially if it stays an option and I think we could say that for any case, where a winner won't be able to pick a sample / didn't get the fact he won / is unavailable - in this case the second should pick a sample from this ST Library, so that the community gets to work on a ST track from time to time.

For the dropbox, you could create two folders, used / unused, so the samples don't get lost and still it's easy to see... 

Yeah, good ideas. 

I think for now I'll put "STBB #..." in the title of each track that has been used in a battle. Should work to keep track. So I'd say, from now on every winner who's interested in checking the cleared samples can hit Fredson or me (or any of the winner's to come, for that matter) up for the dropbox link. 

• Johnny North likes this

#11 Datura

Datura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted Today, 07:11 PM

id appreciate a list of the stbb cs plz

that way it be eaze for me to prey on these leases

withleashing inheld outfarced interpraylings

im beginning to leak out my "i own you phrasings"

backslashed flat bro, trout i done eaten