• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

hey.

so i've been working on a web series for a while now, and i'm just getting around to releasing it this month.  until then, i'm juggling it between work, school, and music and making sure everything's squared away before the deadline i've set for myself:

11-22-14

so, if you're interested in seeing what someone like me is able to do with a one-man web series, this is your show.  i'll be playing a fictionalized version of myself, reviewing all sorts of shitty movies, television shows, albums, cartoons, and other various nostalgic items.  i'll also be uploading shorter clips between main episodes, usually to tie things together in terms of the overarching narrative (that's right, there's gonna be lots of whacky stuff going on outside the actual review in James's life), and hopefully i'll be able to maintain some sort of regularity with the channel's output once things get rolling.

but yeah, i set out about a year ago from this point to do something creatively outside the confines of any work or class-based assignment, and i figured since i'm part of this new generation of web-generated content, i might as well throw my hat into the ring of YouTube review channels.  i'm editing the pilot right now, and things are looking really good actually -- if i get enough time between now and the deadline, i may upload 1-2 promotional videos beforehand, like maybe Clay James or Magazine Cut-out James doing some quick schpiel or something...

if i do, i'll definitely post them here.

if not, then you can expect this thread to be updated as new material gets pushed out.

hopefully you guys dig it; i think you will, although you've gotta understand that it's gonna be wayyyyyyyyyyyy different from anything you've probably ever heard or seen me do before, especially if you know of my music...but yeah, that's about it.

shameless plugs:

http://www.facebook.com/atjshow (* not published yet as of 11/4/2014*)

http://www.youtube.com/atjshow

http://www.twitter.com/atjshow

1656187_1492853317658409_235167559728353

- jfh

#2 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

Nice.
Looking forward to some JF rants.

#3 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,143 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

Really digging the concept man. Especially because I fucking hate YouTube review channels *needle drop I'm looking in your general direction* but the idea of a review show within a show is very Seinfeldesque to my mind. Can't wait.
  • mangoes cash likes this

#4 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

I can not make it past 30 seconds of anything a Needle Drop. How can anyone like that guy!?!

#5 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

I don't know why I thought this was appropriate for this thread.
28-1.jpg
  • James Frank. likes this

#6 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:33 AM

So Whu happoned James Frank?? You had me all hyped on this and nothing. TOTTAlly bummed. Not sure what I am supposed to do with myself now. Fuck!

#7 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:02 AM

So Whu happoned James Frank?? You had me all hyped on this and nothing. TOTTAlly bummed. Not sure what I am supposed to do with myself now. Fuck!

we still got 15 days left, man...i still gotta make the shit haha

#8 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:13 AM

Ah shit. I was planning my weekend around this.

#9 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

Today's the day.

#10 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

still editing lol

#11 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted Today, 12:47 AM

here it is, folks...the pilot episode.

two days late, but nonetheless still here.

give it a watch and let me know what you guys think -- i can only hope that the ridiculous amount of effort put into it shows.

i don't even feel like doing a second one so soon, but i guess we all gotta do what we gotta do this time of year.

anyway, watch it while you can because there's a good chance this show might be exiled to vimeo right off the bat due to copyright bullshit...which is so ironic given how much more i did than 95% of these other YouTube reviewers, but whatever.

#12 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • 4,143 posts

Posted Today, 08:07 AM

Great job. That was hilarious. All the music, especially the opening sequence is dope.

#13 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted Today, 10:13 AM

still pending on the third-party copyright disputes...it's funny, for this episode's clips i found some channel that literally has uploaded full episode after full episode with (from what i can tell) no backlash whatsoever, the same videos are still up a year later on that account without any banner ads or anything...

meanwhile, over in James World, the fucking FIRST video i upload gets flagged by the assholes i mentioned at Nelvana right off the bat because i let a snippet of "Monkey Business" play halfway through. despite me disputing the impending infringement charge, which i can because i have legal precedent with users like Jontron, ProJared, Nostalgia Critic and AVGN, my video has already been lambasted with some giant fucking banner ad and another ad in the video that i'm not getting a piece off, less than tweleve hours after uploading. but yeah, hopefully YouTube comes to their senses and this doesn't become a regular thing every time i fucking make a new video...but hey, that's the wonderful world of copyright law, right gang???

#14 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted Today, 12:29 PM

A bit long dood.

20 minutes of that?? Yowzah! Couldn't watch it all.

You clearly got a good sense of humour. Who knows maybe I'm just not your market. To become a phnom, you got a keep em short. Under 3 minutes yo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users