105 replies to this topic

#91 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:45 PM

Hip hop's not a joke, but that doesn't stop the spam idiots in Hype from trying their goddamned hardest

• James Frank., JoaGymshoe, felixherandez and 2 others like this

#92 lightingpill

lightingpill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/csoim-blank-vids

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:17 PM

Fuck that guy. Sounds like he picked up a guitar in the hope his pussy revenue would go up, and then when he saw all the hip hop kids getting mad pussy he got salty.

That's the way it is now. Back in the day, it was Motley Crue, Poison, Kiss, all of them used to get blowjobs like mad. Now, people in hip-hop are getting all the groupies. Hip-Hop is only seen as a joke when you take it too seriously or get it to the point where it all seems masturbatory in the end. Hell, even rock n' roll has had those moments.

#93 JrSAMPLES

JrSAMPLES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:26 PM

knock, knock

#94 JayThunder

JayThunder

Rookie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Dope beats, tree, and food.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/thundergawd

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

Hip Hop is probably one of the most important genre's of music that exists today. 

But before I start I want to make something clear: To ME Hip Hop is more than break beats and sampled soul and funk jams. Hip Hop is the culmination of centuries of music. Hip Hop is experimentation of sound at it's finest. Who else could love music and the art of sound to the levels hip hop has? Hip Hop has taken kick drums from techno, and guitar riffs from obscure psychedlic vinyls no one would ever hear about or think to pick up, and put them into hit records, breathing life into something that was nearly forgotten. Hip Hop is trap, soul, blues, rock, classical, R&B, death metal, and anything else Hip Hop feels like being. Muhfucka's love putting hip hop in a category and labeling greats, without realizing the very nature of hip hop is something never to be boxed in, always free and living, born from struggle and the will to just enjoy some dope ass shit with some dope ass people.

Having said all that, I think Hip Hop is probably one of the most crucial music genre's, underground and mainstream, in existence today. Sure, every genre has it's fans, and every artist finds inspiration from different places, but NONE OF THEM, not one, do it like hip hop. Just think about the wide range of records you've come across digging for sounds on vinyl, finding a new sample to flip, or a new chop to add to your collection. Hell, think of all the records and different genres of music you've come across just from beat battles on Stones Throw. Do you think the artists, when they made these records, would ever imagine their music being posted on a virtual space filled with hundred's of people listening and paying THIS level attention to it just to remix it and put it into something else? Probably not. 

However they should be thankful for that. One of the main reasons I have an issue with people suing over sampling and sound-similarities. You SHOULD be happy someone in the younger generation decided your DUSTY ass work was so great, or influenced them so much, that they would sample or remix it. Chances are, me making a hot beat out of your old ass shit, that, chances are, no one would of even considered looking at or picking up unless for the fuck of it, is bringing you a NEW revenue stream, actually helping you make some money....

But I digress.... Long story short, no Hip Hop isn't a joke. People are a joke. People are also shitty, and can make good things seem shitty too. 

• jbuzz, Ba.Ku and Barton like this

#95 bloooj

bloooj

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:41 PM

Here's an opinion I had to listen to recently - "hip hop needs real instruments and some real music...I play real instruments.."

God, we deserve earlids too.

#96 Ba.Ku

Ba.Ku

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Sample
    & Smoke
    & Eat.
    Repeat.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:01 AM

To play or not to play.

What are "real instruments" anyway? Look at turntablism, to me that's hip hop at its purest form. It's taking something that wasn't meant for that purpose, and do it something dope with it. To me hip hop means to create something out of nothing. That encompasses a lot of aspects in everyday life as well.

Btw anyone who has that cocky ass guitarist type of approach is probably not a true music lover. 

#97 noFACE

noFACE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

its the copy cat thing that has hip hop in a bad place to me.   say a slang word, and a week later some other dude is saying it.  dress a certain way, a week later some cat is roking your gear.

Filter a certain way its gonna get bit, distort your 808s, its gonna get bit.     Soo many artist saound the same and soo many producers make the same shlt.

And its not just the trap sound,  how many folks actually only mke dilla type beats?  thats it,  how many follow the "unquantized" thing? 

I mean, we got cats that holler fuk a metronome and fuk a grid......why?     cuz YOUR copying a dude that set a standard for HIMSELF.

and honeslty its not that good, just like the tutorial trap producers, shit aint that good........but other copy cats think its the dopest shlt ever.

seriously,   from the sound to the process to the equiptment itslef.

producers online with the whole "just blaze type of beat, madlib type of beat, mike will type beat" should be ashamed of themselves and i do call these clowns out,   yes if you have that type of shlt your a sell out clown.

SELLING OUT DOES EXIST

• DJ Projexion, soulREBEL360 and Barton like this

#98 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:17 AM

Maybe every single type of music has already been invented ever think of that hey?

#99 noFACE

noFACE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:37 AM

just like aint nothing new to say that hasnt been said......you can find a way to do things different.

I came up on bomb squad production.........you wont find me yapping about "bomb squad type beats" cuz there not.

you wont hear me yelling,"if you aint doing it like this it sux,"

step outta your comfort zone,  being influened by someone is different than trying to emulate their sound then try and come up saying your shit sounds like theirs cuz it dont.

• DJ Projexion likes this

#100 ODK

ODK

Lab Cook

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/i-am-heisenberg

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:53 AM

Humans copy everything around them, from your first smile as an infant, you have copied. You spend your whole life copying, it's what learning is. We have gone past the stage of Innovators now and because music is so over saturated everywhere it is so much harder to find something totally fresh and new, there is no need to jump on people for finding inspiration, let them make their wonky lo-fi shit, no-one is holding a gun to your head saying you must listen.

you did say "You won't hear me yelling, if you do it like this it sucks. But in the above paragraph you write,

And its not just the trap sound,  how many folks actually only mke dilla type beats?  thats it,  how many follow the "unquantized" thing? 

I mean, we got cats that holler fuk a metronome and fuk a grid......why?     cuz YOUR copying a dude that set a standard for HIMSELF.

Sorry dude but your chasing your own tail with the I do, but I don't thing. Just don't get all worked up about it. 

#101 MowJoe

MowJoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Beatmaking, Jazz and eating burritos.
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/mowjoebeats

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:09 PM

"Hip Hop is the love of my life"

#102 Mister Ugly

Mister Ugly

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Dusty records
    Candy
    Coffee
    Tastykakes
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/MisterUgly

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:59 PM

Different era's dictate what "real" hip hop is or was. I mean the name itself has evolved from Rap to Hip Hop. In between the name evolving, there been so many different spin off genres/sub groups. It essentially got watered down, just like metal did (hip hop and metal have ironic comparisons) Music captures a time, and you don't really see it or recognize it until you revisit it. 

#103 letsruntrack

letsruntrack

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:letsruntrack
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/letsruntrack

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:06 PM

Hiphop has a bad rap imo. There's a lot of negativity that is very public and open to outsiders looking in. I love it, but I'm also honest and understanding that it does ahve this image. 

#104 godsmo

godsmo

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:30 PM

hê¥ __ deE$,,______ * is iT_ ÇÅ//_eD__ * ]~/å-!- ...©Ü$__*Å paГ£Nt caINT __·· Gê+ ¡Ñ __* DåŶ¥ m!ñD +μåT .. æ-__--___ * çH!|Ld DonT____ŵUna_=__ heÅГ .[b]ØT ..aBOut..···· Dê+ ___&@!##$@,, shJ * dÅÂŷ¥_**pГëTENd__.·2 @@!#$@.__μå\/ __**/åГn-|- .........·· ·©ฯ _ççøØ_*dÂy $eD 🐭🐥..🔢 ©Г[°]§ ·+μå_··$tREE-!- ,____ sPEED BUMP$ ! @$!##!$pëED BUMPS AIN-!-'T__** sh_J*@$#:@ m|=®💲 _ *** $700.00 A+ __ +μå ··.. DГ¡vëÊÊË*êÈ tHrÜ _* oN[a] Da¡/¥..Y!@ ##@$#!@ ôÒÓÔõô

#105 godsmo

godsmo

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:31 PM

pHAT

#106 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:49 PM

hê¥ __ deE$,,______ * is iT_ ÇÅ//_eD__ * ]~/å-!- ...©Ü$__*Å paГ£Nt caINT __·· Gê+ ¡Ñ __* DåŶ¥ m!ñD +μåT .. æ-__--___ * çH!|Ld DonT____ŵUna_=__ heÅГ .[b]ØT ..aBOut..···· Dê+ ___&@!##$@,, shJ * dÅÂŷ¥_**pГëTENd__.·2 @@!#$@.__μå\/ __**/åГn-|- .........·· ·©ฯ _ççøØ_*dÂy $eD .. ©Г[°]§ ·+μå_··$tREE-!- ,____ sPEED BUMP$ ! @$!##!$pëED BUMPS AIN-!-'T__** sh_J*@$#:@ m|=® _ *** $700.00 A+ __ +μå ··.. DГ¡vëÊÊË*êÈ tHrÜ _* oN[a] Da¡/¥..Y!@ ##@$#!@ ôÒÓÔõô

come again?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users