• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mmiezio

mmiezio

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:44 PM

I have been making beats on my sp-303 and I am wonder whats the best/afordable way to get to record my beats and get them onto my computer ect.

#2 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted Yesterday, 03:04 PM

can you pull wavs off the memory card?  is it an sd card or something like that?  if so then an sd card reader.  you could also buy a cheap 2-input audio interface (≈$100) and just use audacity or something and record the playback

#3 mmiezio

mmiezio

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:09 PM

can you pull wavs off the memory card?  is it an sd card or something like that?  if so then an sd card reader.  you could also buy a cheap 2-input audio interface (≈$100) and just use audacity or something and record the playback

It is a smart media card I got a card reader but when I open it up on my computer the file is a .SPO I tried renameing the file to a .WAV but it didnt seem to work.  I should try it again but I might need to get and interface but not sure.

#4 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:23 PM

Bounce to tape player then auxiliary in to computer. Give it dat warmf son!

....otherwise, what grifty said.

#5 1stN3rd

1stN3rd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/1stn3rd

Posted Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Why not just get a mixer and send all the shit into the computer through a USB audio interface like a presonus or something?

(that's what I do)

edit: Does the 303 not have a line or RCA output? I have a 202 and it sure does.

#6 CertafiedBluntHead

CertafiedBluntHead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:15 PM

i don't believe you can export pads to wav on the 303 like you can on the 404, which is the main way i get tracks on my computer, as well as ripping records and shit

the sp format isn't gonna get you anywhere but onto another 303, the comp is good for backing up card info and starting fresh with some open pad space though, just pop the card back in and drag the roland folder back onto the card the way it was when you took it off to revisit old shit

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sp-303

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users