saadyah tz▾i

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:613
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/saadyahtzvi

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 AM

does having multiple samples bother anyone else? some of you newer guys probbably dont even remember a time when the battles had only 1 sample (and maybe a break, too). being able to pick from multiple samples kind of kills the competition for me. the best thing about having only sample is that it takes you out of your comfort zone, which usually results in good results because you can't just apply your formula to it, you have to get creative and work hard. if we get a dozen samples to choose from, naurally we're going to sample whatever we think is most dope, which makes it easier to make a beat.

i wouldn't say that it bothers me, but i do miss battles with one maybe two samples max. i remember when there would only be 2 samples during a week that there was a tie. but i do have to say that with the amount of entries we've been receiving its a bit refreshing to hear different cats flip different samples form a pack like this. also its not like we are getting access to the whole sample, just a snippet of each one. its one way to conduct a battle but i do have to say its ultimately up to the winner(s) to decide if they wanna have us all flip one sample and one break (as i did when i won many moons ago) or mess with multiple samples like a lot of cats have been choosing to do recently. oh and one possible cool thing about having a sample pack like this is layering.. i didnt do any this week but its dope to hear one or two or three maybe even five or six of these samples layered throughout someones flip. anyway thats my two cents  :rolleyes:

peace

• King Soul The Great and 5XVT like this

#32 JoaGymshoe

JoaGymshoe

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/joagymshoe

Posted Yesterday, 11:01 AM

does having multiple samples bother anyone else? some of you newer guys probbably dont even remember a time when the battles had only 1 sample (and maybe a break, too). being able to pick from multiple samples kind of kills the competition for me. the best thing about having only sample is that it takes you out of your comfort zone, which usually results in good results because you can't just apply your formula to it, you have to get creative and work hard. if we get a dozen samples to choose from, naurally we're going to sample whatever we think is most dope, which makes it easier to make a beat.

...I have to say I'm starting to miss it a little too... It was very cool to experience what different peeps did with the same material...

...However on the other hand it makes for much more diverse flips so less tedious to listen to a bunch of the same sounding ones...

...Actually what I really miss are Tough and Creative Rules...  I can flip a sample any way I like all the time...

...I wanna be challenged!

• EdTheYounger likes this

#33 jsensei

jsensei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:07 AM

I don't like the 'new' (for me) custom: the winner choose 3, 5, 10 samples. 100 weeks ago winning meant the winner to drop the ONE 'pick wisely' sample. Make it hard form everyone to squeeze something really creative, make it easy, share the rare record, share most popular sample ever or drop something no one can chop, so there are only 20 entries.

edit:

I wrote it and then realised the topic is all about!

#34 JoaGymshoe

JoaGymshoe

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/joagymshoe

Posted Yesterday, 02:01 PM

...yoww.. Make it last...

...Peazy J.

#35 EdTheYounger

EdTheYounger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:57 PM

This is why I've been purposely finding the hardest/obscurest cuts and f*n them to the point of breakage... There seems to be a whole lot of "safe options" with these sample packs so I try to impose a challenge on myself to experiment

...I have to say I'm starting to miss it a little too... It was very cool to experience what different peeps did with the same material...
...However on the other hand it makes for much more diverse flips so less tedious to listen to a bunch of the same sounding ones...

...Actually what I really miss are Tough and Creative Rules...  I can flip a sample any way I like all the time...
...I wanna be challenged!

This. Most the shit in here I drop I don't necessarily think is dope... Most of it I consider my worst, actually... lol. I try my hardest to do some weirdo whacky shit that I've never done before, it's a training ground to test new ideas for me.

Making a dope beat is like 75% sample selection so when there's so much to choose from the technical/creative side of things kind of becomes redundant. When BMC dropped that whack ass country sample and like 50% of the cats on here didn't make a beat because it was too difficult (me included), a handful managed to make some absolute fire! And that's inspiring for me.

#36 lexius

lexius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/lexiuss-2

Posted Today, 05:56 AM

I went back to the classic hiphop.

Hope everybody likes it.

#37 right-On

right-On

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/frisbeats

Posted Today, 06:50 AM

B) 

I'm back with some toastermusic enjoy xoxoxox

#38 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted Today, 06:56 AM

I can see the sense in only having one sample.

It's good to listen to a bunch of people's ideas about the one bit of music, rather than your beat being completely different to the next person's because they chose a different sample.

not hating on any of this week's samples, they're all dope.

I'm entering this week. I've forced out a dookie of a beat, just to get back in the habit of making something.

• EdTheYounger likes this

#39 emwu23

emwu23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted Today, 11:20 AM

Hey here is mine,everything from the samples provided.

#40 right-On

right-On

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/frisbeats

Posted Today, 12:26 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=dwKTTVVS2Zc

Made another video for my beat! Much appreciated if you guys checked it out :)

#41 mikeaveli

mikeaveli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted Today, 01:46 PM

Quick one

Only Samples......and R.A.

#42 abstraKtbeatz

abstraKtbeatz

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/abstraktbeats

Posted Today, 02:48 PM

• London likes this

#43 stelow

stelow

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Music. 🎹
    Design. 📐
    Animal Crackers. 🐫
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/2-lost

Posted Today, 03:12 PM

Yo...this is my first entry and I'm looking forward to doing more. 

Congrats to sicboy and nice sample selection.

Let me know what you guys honestly think, good or bad. 

Peace. 

#44 jnktion

jnktion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted Today, 07:28 PM

Yoooo! Decided to enter this week, tried a thing with the first sample... nothing too great, but I hope some of you like it regardless!!!!

- Jnktion!!!! 

#45 BLeS24 Pt Deux

BLeS24 Pt Deux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Soundcloud:bles24

Posted Today, 10:31 PM

Congrats Sicboy. Only samples provided and a couple of outside vocal samples

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: STBB, STBB398

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users