• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

so guys...you probably aren't going to believe this.  but i just heard a J Dilla beat on Fox News, no joke.

i'm still trying to find the clip, but i can't-- hopefully i will in the next few days to prove it.  but it was from tonight's "Best of...Watters' World" on (strangely enough) the O'Reilly Factor of all places.

basically, i guess the show is this Watters guy going around and pulling dumb people aside to ask them (admittedly simple) questions about history or politics and mocking their retarded answers in one of those flashy, quick-cutting music beddy kinda segments where it's just a flurry of stupidity.

so the segment i saw was the guy asking people on the street about "Leadership", which entailed questions about presidents and shit.  in the VERY beginning of the segment, i kid you not, J Dilla's "Beat 05" from the Another Batch mixtape starts ramping up and then is turned down to hear the interview snippets.  it played for about 30 seconds before switching over to another song, but it was the weirdest fucking thing i've ever seen/heard in my life.  what's weirder is that whole beat tape is one of the many that were never officially released, so either one of three things happened:

1) Fox News literally went to the Yancey family and somehow cleared usage of an unreleased Dilla beat

2) Fox News did not go to the Yancey family, and somehow still managed to play an uncleared, unreleased Dilla beat

3) Fox News hired someone to compose incidental music for their "lighter" segments, and unknowingly hired someone who completely 100% jacked a Dilla beat and called it his own

in any case, it was weird as shit...so i figured it deserved its own thread.  thoughts?

#2 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

I heard Lee fields playing in a fucking panera today. My local am sports talk routinely cuts to dilla, usually jaylib

#3 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

do you think they're aware of what they're doing, or they just randomly scooped up a bunch of instrumentals somewhere?

#4 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

With fox news, and knbr 680 I'm pretty sure they're official. They gotsta be payin

#5 GC90

GC90

waxramble.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

STMB member secretly works at Fox News and threw it in  :mellow:

#6 Beatronome

Beatronome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/beatronome

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

I saw a woman walking a giant rabit on a leash the other day.

• mangoes cash and MWBOOGIE like this

#7 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

I saw a woman walking a giant rabit on a leash the other day.

Now that seems wierd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users