• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#451 Fire Ice Lord

Fire Ice Lord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

not a new movie but i saw Samsara a few days ago and it was dope as fuck. Literally no dialogue or story but so much more entertaining then your average capeshit flick.

#452 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

Oh yeah I saw that shit on new years this year shit's dope. Isn't there a sequel?

#453 Fire Ice Lord

Fire Ice Lord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:03 PM

Samsara was a sequel to Baraka, and Ron Fricke also did the cinematogaphy for Koyaanisqatsi, another similar film.

#454 James Frank.

James Frank.

Deacon Schmooze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

so, i've been pretty quiet on the boards lately -- but for those who have been around long enough to know the intricacies of my bullshit existence, i'm a student filmmaker at CU - Boulder currently...

long story short, my most recent film (which i have NOT linked here out of respect for the whole "anti-Hype" rhetoric i've been such a big proponent of) has been selected for numerous local screenings at small film festival-y sorta things this past summer.  this makes me very happy, because it means that i'm not a complete failure and an idiot for choosing this line of work.  but anyway, i figured this warranted me inviting you all to check it out on my Vimeo account...i've already linked my final projects from previous semesters on here at some point, and i don't really feel like scrubbing this thread clean just so appease the salty minority haha.  but i do think that my newest one is much better than any of my previous work -- so if you're just curious to watch my development as a filmmaker in real time, look no further than my account.

just search up the film's title "Deadbeat Successor" and/or my actual name (last name's Halterman; normally i would prefer retaining my privacy on here but i feel like it's pretty futile at this point anyway and i don't really have any reason to hide), and please let me know what you think -- i love hearing feedback from as many people as possible; it helps the process so much more when there are so many eyes watching and critiquing a single piece.  anyway, back to my cave i go -- album's on the way, as is my senior thesis film sometime in Spring of next year.

take care, STMB!

• DJ Projexion, MellowYouth, Dirty Cyclist and 2 others like this

#455 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:47 PM

long time no see JF, all I can say is

"because it means that i'm not a complete failure and an idiot for choosing this line of work."

as an artist, every single one of us is an idiot for choosing this line of work hahaha, totally worth it though

#456 GPBear

GPBear

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

the-muppets-statler-and-waldorf.jpg

i'm no film critic, but I spent my childhood in the Theater,

you got an interesting style james. It's like borderline surreal. There's so many small cuts and closeups that it lends itself well to short movies, but I'm wondering how you would do a feature length project. I'm also curious what your overarching theme is, like the suburban life being brought into fantasy and stuff.

Find your true self James. Here, take this peyote and go hang out in that sweat lodge over there by MWBoogie's Zionist Daycamp

• James Frank. likes this

#457 JrSAMPLES

JrSAMPLES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:11 PM

watching escape from tomorrow right now.

#458 jbuzz

jbuzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:41 AM

I just finished Top Five. I thought it was great, an interesting take on how artists look at becoming obsolete. It reminded me of a scene in Treme where one of the assorted Blues legends who cameoed said something along the lines of "there's a lot to be said for doing one thing, and doing it well." It was also fucking funny which was good ahaha

#459 jbuzz

jbuzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:55 AM

American Sniper is overrated as fuck...

#460 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

Finally saw Birdman. Incredible.

I want to see Gravity next, hopefully Netflix provides.
  • jbuzz likes this

#461 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

Juice Brenner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts

Posted Today, 04:11 AM

Yo, The Raid 2?????!!!!!  Insane flick, can't get enough of those fight sequences.

I have to admit though, hammer girl and bat boy was kind of corny. But still, a must see for martial arts fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users