420 replies to this topic

#421 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted Today, 10:00 AM

surprised there isn't more mad max talk up in here. i thought it was pretty much the best action/adventure/blockbuster film of the past 15-20 years.

when I first heard about a new mad max like 6 years ago i was despondent, thinking it was gonna be yet another hollywood reboot filled with yawn-inducing CGI car chases (and zoe kravitz!?). I figured mel gibson (who has been revealed to be a shit) would be back as an old man max and never could have predicted George Miller, a 70 year old who has spent his recent time directing Happy Feet, would return to the helm.

Even when i realized Miller was back and they were pulling a James Bond and giving the role to Hardy, my expectations were low. but instead it's a true and worthy entry into the mad max canon, and more than that maybe the best one to date! The effects (both practical and CGI) are amazing. ditto the acting, ditto the production design, ditto the world-expanding that he does. just really blown away by it, gonna catch it for a second time tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users