Thank you for your votes.
I really like how the last few battles have revolved around one long sample stream so let's keep that going. This week we'll keep it simple, while I actively fight the urge to give you some kind of conceptual "make your beat using carrots for hands" kind of rule.
1) Time Limit: 2 minutes
2) Outside everything (drums/synth/bass/vox/samples): allowed
3) Use any of the samples provided:
3b) AND! Download and use at least one sample from the sincerely terrifying Conet Project
4) Dedicate your beat to someone or something that you miss, then actually insert them (or a reference to them) in your track somewhere: the track art, the title, use their voice/music, spell out their name with a speak and say, anything that's meaningful.
Thanks again ~ the talent on this board is staggering and I hope to learn all your secrets.
The Fine Print:
Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 381" in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight PACIFIC time. For easy listening sake, you may also add it to the Stones Throw Beat Battle Soundcloud Group.
Vote - by Friday at Midnight PACIFIC time
Winner: post new sample, rules, etc - by Saturday Noon NYC time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com
1) Leon Russell - "A Song For You" (from CD)
2) Power Strike II music (recorded off an old game gear)
3) Amy Winehouse - "You Know I'm No Good" breakdown (lo quality)
4) Some really interesting notes from a Sesame Street animation I no longer recall (lo quality)
5) Drums from "Suspiria" (Dario Argento, 1977)
7) A recording of sonar from the common dolphin and the sperm whale, respectively
8) The ahhhhHHHHHHHHhhhh part from Fever Ray - "If I Had A Heart" (mp3)