• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

I'm digging what Egon, J. Rocc, JJ and, yes even House Shoes are doing with the Pay Jay stuff they've been putting out. And I'm definitely looking forward to finally hearing the MCA project since I'm one of three people who didn't go out and dl it.

Regarding ST, I remember an interview with Wolf a few years back where he basically said he didn't really want to put out anything else by Dilla bc he didn't want it to seem like they were trying to abuse his legacy or something along those lines.
  • Dirty Cyclist likes this

#32 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

Wolf-if ANYBODY is gonna put out dilla. If it HAS to be done... I think we can all agree stones throw would be the only label we would really trust to do it

#33 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

peanut_butter_wolf_lead.jpg

^ dat link to dat interview.

a few quotes:

"It comes down to Ma Dukes, though. She makes all of the decisions, so it would have to come from her. She was with him in his final days and was sleeping on a cot in his room. She took care of him so much. If I was ever presented with doing something that would upset her, I just wouldn’t do it."

"That’s a weird thing for me. I don’t want to criticize people for doing it, but sometimes it can get a little corny. With all of the tribute stuff, I kind of avoid it for the most part. I’m actually doing his birthday party tribute on Tuesday (February 7), which is a video tribute—which is something I’ve never done. I haven’t ever done a video tribute for him, so I was up for that. But I don’t ever aggressively seek out doing Dilla gigs, because sometimes it just gets self-serving."

"And that’s why we kind of fell back after DonutsDonuts was such a huge success and we could’ve put out The Pizza Man right after it, and capitalized on it monetarily, but I felt kind of strange about it. It was just wrong in my eyes. I’ve always battled with that."

so instead, we will never get the pizza man.

#34 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

integrity in the record biz? You go PB Wolf...

#35 The Jackal

The Jackal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop and Film
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/thejackal2011

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:13 AM

I see a lot of negative talk about posthumous Dilla releases. What did you guys think of Dillagence? I myself find myself listening to that release quite a bit. It's easily one of my favorite posthumous releases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users