• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

...so today i got one of those cold-call scams from overseas where they ask you to press the Windows button and the R key to basically gain remote access to your computer.  the guy gave some weird spiel about how my computer was downloading malware and viruses, blah blah blah...so i thought i'd fuck with them and give 'em a taste of their own medicine.

i put my call recorder app on and continued to mess with them for a while, and then the first guy put a second guy on the line and then the call started getting weird...

i told him that i know what they're doing and i'm not stupid, and that i'm aware of phone scams like this one from reading countless articles and blah blah blah about it.  he responded by asking what newspaper i read, then calling me stupid for not reading the newspaper (this is all on a recording, btw), then called ME a scammer and said i was stupid and dishonest lol.

so then i kept stringing him along and just being douchy so that he'd hang up, but then he asked if i was a trash man and if i eat trash???????

:huh:

so at that point, i knew i had gold being recorded.  so i kept egging him on and what not...but then shit got real, really fast.

he confirmed to me that he knew my full name, my address, and then asked me if i'd like for him to come to my house and shoot me in the head.

after that point, i sorta lost it and started screaming various expletives and him and told him i was going to call the police (which i did).  the police told me this is a fairly common occurrence, and that these scammy business operations rake in millions of dollars every year from stupid, scared people who give them their info.  thankfully, i didn't do that-- but i think i really got under their skin, because they've actually called me back three times and left messages on my phone...the guy basically said, "James, you are an asshole, please call me back at _____________________ "

which is pretty creepy, because 1) these guys usually don't call back, and 2) they know enough of my personal info to make me a little on-edge. so, have any of you guys had to deal with shit like this?  is there something i should do?  i've reported it to the cops, but they didn't really seem to think it was that big of a deal...and now that i've researched it a little bit, i've noticed that 99% of these situations end after someone hangs up.  i haven't really found any other instances of the scammers actually calling their targets back, nor have i found any instances where the scammers said they knew the person's address.

so yeah, little help here?

thanks, haha.

-jf

• MWBOOGIE likes this

#2 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

RIP
  • James Frank. likes this

#3 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

Yo lemme get that recording!
EDIT ur gonna b fin btw

#4 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

You'll probably be fine, these guys aren't like rappers who talk a lot about people they've killed because they've actually killed them.

#5 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

yeah, i'm pretty sure he was just trying to be a dick and try to leave myself and my family intimidated and stricken with fear before he went his own separate way...which, unfortunately he kinda succeeded because my ma isn't too happy about the whole thing.  she worries too much as it is, so telling her about this definitely didn't make her feel any safer living where we do (which is a white-ass neighborhood btw, sunny knows lol-- the only crimes i see living here are thefts from unlocked cars at night).

but i'm 99% sure i'll never hear from the scammers again...although they did call back and leave a few messages on my phone, calling me an asshole and giving me a fake callback number for some place in Dallas and saying that anytime he could "come to my house and fuck me".

in any case, i've decided that it's worth it to pay the $10 to upgrade my phone recording app so i can retrieve the entire 15 minute call from my phone just because it's such a strange conversation...i'll post it up to youtube or something and link it here so you guys can check it out.  i'm still a little worried that the guy knows my fucking address, name and number, but you know what they say about comedy and time plus tragedy or whatever...so yeah, might as well make shit-ade out of shit.

#6 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:06 PM

Scammer-themed beat battle IMO!
  • James Frank. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic