37 replies to this topic

#31 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

I saw Amazing Spider Man 2 and thought it was lackluster.

• James Frank. likes this

#32 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

I saw Amazing Spider Man 2 and thought it was lackluster.

glad that i finally found someone to agree with.

the Sam Raimi films may have been a little kitschy and forced at times, but they should be commended for the brilliant casting choice of Tobey McGuire as Peter Parker...to me, he fits the part perfectly; this awkward, gawky, slightly buggy-looking fella looks the part as a marginalized high school student-turned superhero.

this Andrew Garfield kid does not work in the new films as Peter Parker.  he doesn't look like at all like the character he's supposed to be portraying...i can't suspend my disbelief for one second that he's supposed to be this weird, introverted smart kid when he looks like a Calvin & Klein model and skateboards inside the school like a cool guy-- it just doesn't work, he doesn't look like someone who has had to use their brain to get by.  i think the Gwen Stacy thing is kind of dumb too, especially when the woman they cast to play her is a natural red-head; they should've killed her off in the first one if they wanted to leave any remaining semblance of the comic they based the story off of to begin with, instead they're going to completely nix Mary Jane from this universe and turn it into a sappy romance story. 

it reminds me of that awful Romeo + Juliet movie from the late '90s that was "inspired" by Shakespeare's original vision before they decided to take a diarrhea dump all over it, that's what this new series is doing to the concept of Spiderman.  they're trying to turn it into Twilight and tween-girl friendly so they can broaden their audience, and in doing so they're fucking it up royally.

#33 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

My high school Engrish teacher called it 'Romeo Plus Juliet'. 

#34 Tahn

Tahn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Vietnamese-American Recording Artist Since 1995
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/michaelnhat

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

I liked Sam Raimi's casting better also, and "Amazing" watered down Lizard like "Incredible" did Abomination

this Andrew Garfield kid does not work in the new films as Peter Parker.  he doesn't look like at all like the character he's supposed to be portraying...i can't suspend my disbelief for one second that he's supposed to be this weird, introverted smart kid when he looks like a Calvin & Klein model and skateboards inside the school like a cool guy-- 

• James Frank. likes this

#35 JenMisun3

JenMisun3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:pathophysiology, chemistry, rekkid collector, basement shows, Milwaukee, GirlEatsFood...

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

This is the creepiest I'll ever get. Tube socks and all.

Also, what is up with not being able to copy and paste ish? No, seriously. I don't know. Not going to type out all that nonsense here. Here's a dumb thumb instead. Saa-ooorrry. HAH!

Anywho...

Currently reading...

Dori Stories.

Attached Files

#36 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

What the fuck is up with your bed sheets dude?

Are those pies and cakes??!
Nice!
LoL

#37 JenMisun3

JenMisun3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:pathophysiology, chemistry, rekkid collector, basement shows, Milwaukee, GirlEatsFood...

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

You like? It's a bunch of 1950s/60s Jell-O recipe cards and other food-related advertisements from newspapers and magazines.

#38 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

Yah dude they're awesome.
Socks are tight too!

Kitchy stuff is the best. I don't have much if it, but I appreciate people who surround themselves with tacky, gaudy stuff. You know, like Jon Waters or something or Pee Wee Herman. Generally its a real throwback to the 60s. A simpler time. A simpler era.

Haha.

Do you have more decor like this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users