#31 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted Today, 10:50 AM

if all he ever did was to release the unreleased JB album that is coming out, I would be a big fan...

#32 quikfit

quikfit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted Today, 12:19 PM

I really dont like this egon cat..dont see whats so significant about him..he name drops, acts arrogant, looks boyish, has this annoying eager personality...seems like he's constantly trying to prove that he's cool by naming all these famous and talented people he hangs with...but whats his talent, why does he even have fame? I know i am dropping a lot of hate here, and you guys seem to love this cat, but i am actually asking here ... whats the deal? some one fill me in. 

Aleister - you have got to be kidding?!? Do some research before you drop so much (self-acknowledge) hate. Egon was huge part of ST. To be fair, there as been a falling out and no longer works for the label. (Not sure why this post is in the ST section at all.....)
I think it's wild he wasn't in the ST Doc at all, but they were the creative behind it, so fair enough....
Anyway, here is a bio from the Now Again site: http://www.nowagainrecords.com/egon/
Points to note would be:
- Stones Throw Records General Manager from 2000-2011
- Producer, A&R, and Manager
- contributor to respected music publications 
- Creative Director of the J Dilla Estate
- Partners with Madlib in Madlib Invazion
- Owner of Now-Again Records (in my opinion one of the best independent labels around today)

Dude does a lot of work from finding interesting new talent, to reissuing some incredible music that might otherwise be lost....

• GC90 and Templar like this

#33 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted Today, 02:51 PM

Egon straight boyish though

#34 DELCO

DELCO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted Today, 06:23 PM

ST Artist....

https://www.stonesth...the-evil-badger

All the things the guy does as mentioned in recent posts just - Do your research and you will see that Egon.... is an Egonist. Cutting his own lane.

• Dirty Cyclist likes this

#35 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted Today, 06:42 PM

name dropping is if you see a celebrity in a club and talk about it, what he does is oral history son. (among the rest of what's been said)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users