Photo

Stones Throw SXSW 2014 video, beat id, pls.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jmlattu

jmlattu

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

I fuckin hate this asking for a track bullshit. How fuckin hard it is to show some respect & consideration for the artist (and public) and let people know his/her work! (This particular example is just one of too fuckin many.)

That's all folks, thanks.

#2 Jimmyfunkvalve

Jimmyfunkvalve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

that's the last track on Mind Fusion Vol 3. i don't know what it is though.

#3 CertafiedBluntHead

CertafiedBluntHead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

yeah, these dudes worked super hard to find stuff that people don't know about, so why can't i know about it immediately now and be able to download a rip of it?????

half the fun of this shit is the knowledge gained over years of searching out music that you otherwise didn't know about, and then having it pay off by finding some under the radar stuff yourself, stuff that isn't blown up all over the internet, now all you gotta do is join a fuckin facebook group and you can flex about library records and obscure italian soundtracks or whatever like you've been collecting it for years, keep some god damn mystery in this game!!! i don't have an issue with dudes using the internet to find out about records or hear stuff they otherwise wouldn't, there is already a crazy wealth of information available out there, and i'd be lying if i said i didn't utilize it myself. i don't even really care if you're buying records at all (although personally it leads me to believe you're seriously missing out on a big part of this experience). what i do have an issue with is people who find links to cool shit and then mass share it in public forums so it eventually is the first things that shows up in a google search. share it in person, play it for people, talk about it in private chats and shit, just stop publicly mass sharing every piece of cool obscure music you find

PS i've been sweating this track for years, anybody with the knowledge feel free to hit me with a PM

#4 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

damn, what a lineup for a show...

#5 jmlattu

jmlattu

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

Why should good music (or 'better', as I call it) be limited to few? It makes no sense at all, business or otherwise. I would like as many as possible to enjoy these "hidden" gems. Moreover, if I find something, I buy it on CD or vinyl. Downloads can go to hell...

Thank you Jimmy for the insight.

#6 NickleBanks

NickleBanks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

how Bambaataa did it: Posted Image
Posted Image

re: "show some respect & consideration for the artist (and public) and let people know his/her work!"
... in the context of 40 years of hip hop culture that's just a bit of a catch 22 as statements go.

#7 SwampThing

SwampThing

To Serve Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

lmao the outrage!!!

#8 CertafiedBluntHead

CertafiedBluntHead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

Why should good music (or 'better', as I call it) be limited to few? It makes no sense at all, business or otherwise. I would like as many as possible to enjoy these "hidden" gems. Moreover, if I find something, I buy it on CD or vinyl. Downloads can go to hell...

Thank you Jimmy for the insight.

well it's not really limited. you heard it and enjoyed it, and anybody else who grabs mind fusion 3 or watches this video gets to enjoy it as well. i understand wanting to know who the artist is, to hear the rest of the album, or hear other stuff related to the artist/group, i would like that stuff too!!! but i am alright with the fact that it isn't common knowledge and that it will remain a mystery for me until i come across it or someone else decides to publicly spill the beans. it's part of the culture to keep some secrets and not put every cool record on blast, especially when it's the one track off that mix that hasn't been publicly discovered in the almost 10 years its been available. it's cool, there is plenty of other music to discover out there in the meantime!

my rant was kind of misdirected, though it is related to this post. out of print mixes and compilations are kind of a different beast. they are a great way for people to share music they like and tracklists allow people who enjoy a mix to learn some stuff they maybe didn't know, but the implications of sharing and posting things on the internet is something that i've thought about and wanted to speak on for a while now. the entire nature of communication, sharing, and seeking out information is drastically different on the internet than in real life and should be thought about more critically than it currently is. it should definitely be an important topic to people like us when it comes to things like sharing music, sampling music, and being able to enjoy future releases from artists we all enjoy, as well as sharing our own music. sorry that it came off like it was only directed at you. if you find it hook up the PM!!! its probably some big band library shit, or maybe a college program/stage band kind of thing, if i had to guess, but you never know with madlib.

#9 klinteastwood

klinteastwood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Soundcloud:soundcloud.com/klinteastwood

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

i got there just in time for the madlib dj set..shit was ill

#10 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-1t3TJ8iBA

I fuckin hate this asking for a track bullshit. How fuckin hard it is to show some respect & consideration for the artist (and public) and let people know his/her work! (This particular example is just one of too fuckin many.)

That's all folks, thanks.

man that shit is bangin yo!!!!!!

#11 jmlattu

jmlattu

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:33 AM

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the track 8 from Mind Fusion Vol. 3 was released 9 years ago and this guy is still sitting on it?

#12 Jimmyfunkvalve

Jimmyfunkvalve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

yeah, i suppose that after sitting on it for that long, it must have disappeared up his arse ;-)

#13 jmlattu

jmlattu

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:48 AM

Must have :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users