4 replies to this topic

#1 linkkjm

linkkjm

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/strikeitrich

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Inspired by no one, I tried to create something really unique. Let me know how it is and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

#2 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

Got some decent loops. I would try to vary them more though. It seems like you find a sample, loop it and let it play a bunch of times in a row. I would try chopping up the samples more and creating multiple loops/combos to play around with. The drums are also very quiet in terms of beats, did you add drums to your loops or did you just let the the drums in your original sample play as you found them?

#3 linkkjm

linkkjm

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/strikeitrich

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

Got some decent loops. I would try to vary them more though. It seems like you find a sample, loop it and let it play a bunch of times in a row. I would try chopping up the samples more and creating multiple loops/combos to play around with. The drums are also very quiet in terms of beats, did you add drums to your loops or did you just let the the drums in your original sample play as you found them?

Sweet thanks for the advice. I've only been doing this for about a year and I need as much advice as I can get. I usually add drums to my loops.

#4 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

I think it is great. B)

#5 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

I think you've got an ear for samples which is important. The more you learn and experiment with your equipment, the more you'll like the outcome. Definitely ahead of the curve for only a year doing your thing. Keep it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users