95 replies to this topic

#91 ST Bot

ST Bot

STMB Official

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Does it bother anyone that this sentence in the STBB Soundcloud Group info section makes no sense?

"Weekly Beat Battles for producers and beat-makers are user-run competition hosted on the 

Stones Throw Message Board"

I get what it's saying..  I just keep repeating it and it feels all fucked up :P

You are right - it's nonsense.  I wrote something for J0ndis to post there but the words got changed.  

I suggest moving the STBB Soundcloud to this group started by the Stones Throw account. 

https://soundcloud.com/groups/stonesthrowbeatbattles

#92 Heavy Drama

Heavy Drama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:48 AM

That sentence seems an innocent enough mistake. 

I appreciate having one civilian controlling the sc group is potentially problematic should they no longer be available but if ST attempt to migrate the group (4500+ members) to an official account wouldn't they then take responsibility for everything that goes down? The impression is they take no responsibility for the battles due to the potentially complicated human and legal issues which is understandable but has something change?

On a more basic level imo the success of the group is largely down to the amount of work J puts in to keeping it up to date and relevant. Removing spam, handling the many many trivial issues people have, staying knowledgeable and interested in the participants, selecting and managing trust worthy moderators, revising new rules etc will someone at ST take on that role and give it as much attention as he has?

Just some observations I'm curious about regarding this topic.

• Beatronome and dinobeatz like this

#93 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

Hey, i have a question for STBB regulars. 

Would you guys please submit beats to ME (grifty.rodriguez@gmail.com) for the STMB Compilations?

Every battler is welcome, and i especially want some of the OG ass battlers on there (you guys know who the fuck i'm talking about).

Get at me!!  Send me BEATS!!!

• James Frank. and gigo like this

#94 dinobeatz

dinobeatz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/dinobeatz

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:35 AM

I was deleting alot of spam, but somebody made a change and am not moderating any more.. Nobody is deleting these spams now.

#95 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:07 PM

Would you guys please submit beats to ME (grifty.rodriguez@gmail.com) for the STMB Compilations?

Every battler is welcome, and i especially want some of the OG ass battlers on there (you guys know who the fuck i'm talking about).

i do have a track i've been working on for you, Grifty...it's just been taking so long because of all the other shit i've gotta deal with irl first.

#96 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

yeah i know me too! 

the offer stands!  i'm full time in college right now, part time machine shop employee and part time sleep lover but i am still committed to this COMP!!!

get at me with tracks!! 

whenever JF hits me with his track i'm gonna put a time limit on further submissions and then spend a bit of time arranging. 

PEACE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users