#1 Goodz047

Goodz047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Wax

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

Posted Image

In July, Wu-Tang Clan will release a new album, A Better Tomorrow, which coincides with the 20th anniversary of the group's debut. But Forbes reports that they're also set to release another LP, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, with a caveat: They're just making one copy of the double album, which was recorded in secret over the last few years.

The album, which features the group's original members, will be housed inside an engraved silver-and-nickel box created by British-Moroccan artist Yahya. According to RZA and producer Tarik "Cilvaringz" Azzougarh, the plan is to tour it through museums, galleries and festivals, where visitors will be charged a price to listen to the 128-minute, 31 song album on headphones provided by the venue. (Rigorous security checks will discourage the possibility of any illegal recording.)

"We’re about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of [modern] music," RZA said in an interview with Forbes. "We’re making a single-sale collector’s item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king." After the tour is over, the group will make the album available for purchase for a price "in the millions."

Thoughts?

#2 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

Love the concept, better have some serious bangers for all the hype though. Shit that blows my mind or it's a complete failure in my book. I could release music in a one of a kind way too, but if the music isn't good, it doesn't matter.
  • GC90 likes this

#3 Goodz047

Goodz047

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Wax

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

Wonder how much they will charge to hear it

#4 Jackie Kennedy

Jackie Kennedy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Being a wife and mother.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

"We're about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of [modern] music," RZA said in an interview with Forbes. "We're making a single-sale collector's item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king." After the tour is over, the group will make the album available for purchase for a price "in the millions."

Thoughts?

wrong. not the first time. in fact, now it's a trend. jay did a special "listening party" of his album in a museum (that also toured). residents released a limited box set for $100,000
many groups have released 1 copy editions of their albums. this moron must consider "modern history" limited to rap music

#5 Cheel

Cheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC AND TING
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/cheel

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Yeah but they did it before Kanye and I'm pretty thankful for that
  • GC90 likes this

#6 GC90

GC90

Discogs / waxramble / etc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

I wonder how long after the release it will take before someone finds a way of recording it/leaking lol

Yeah but they did it before Kanye and I'm pretty thankful for that

LOL, didn't think of this but yeah I could see Kanye trying to do this. He'd probably want people to sit around for 4 hours or something though. I'd much rather listen to a few hours of Wu

#7 DJ Projexion

DJ Projexion

STMB Bouncer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:08 AM

They went from gold and platinum LPs to a silver and nickel one lol
  • James Frank. likes this

#8 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

hey, what the hell? i already posted this in Broking's Wu-Tang thread...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users