Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Vancouver, BC

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

http://eepurl.com/P59uX

Posted Image

Moving along as we enter the month of March, the rough winter season is in our rearview mirror, and March Madness is quickly approaching. Many of the brightest in music and tech are making their way to Austin, to make a name for themselves at SXSW for this year and beyond. The month of March also holds a somber memory, as March 9th is the anniversary of the death of the Notorious B.I.G. Celebrating his legacy, it’s with great pleasure that we linked up with one of the industry’s top DJ’s, J. Period, to deliver a mix that properly honors one of the best to ever do it. J.PERIOD “revisits” one of his more popular mix-tape series. This is March 9thRevisited

Hailed as a “music guru” by Rolling Stone and cited among the “world’s Top DJ’s” by the New York Times, J.PERIOD is a master of his craft: a DJ whose musical repertoire bridges cultures, generations and styles, a producer whose tracks tell stories. Curating custom music for the Brooklyn Nets’ at Barclays Center, J.Period’s signature sound has become the defying soundtrack for the franchise, and set a new standard for the role of music in the NBA arena. A 10-year veteran in moving large crowds, J.PERIOD has served as Tour DJ for artists including Lauryn Hill, Q-Tip & Kanye West, Black Thought and international icon K’NAAN, performing at venues from NYC’s Central Park Summerstage to Johannesburg’s Coca-Cola Dome.

J Period’s production resume is equally as impassive, boasting collaborations with Grammy-winners Common, John Legend, and Mary J. Blige, and his “audio-documentary” mixtape series – remixing everyone from Bob Marley to Bob Dylan – he has received numerous awards and accolades. Music icon Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson (The Roots, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon) calls J.PERIOD “the most creative mixtape producer of all-time.”

It’s that creativity that J.PERIOD brings to our March tape. The mix-tape wizard crafts together a sampling of Biggie’s most infamous lyrics, and flips them in such a new fresh way, we can almost imagine just how many MC’s he would still be destroying today. And if that’s not enough, this month’s music meeting should keep you on your feet with song’s from Beyonce, Juicy J, Pete Marriott, and more.

Hopefully this month’s mix will be just what you need to help you get through your winter hibernation and ready for the spring. Keep your ears and eyes open for new music and new artists. And remember, the DJ is the Cornerstone of Hip-Hop.®

Cornerstone Mixtape 170
01. The Notorious B.I.G. ft. Busta Rhymes - Victory (Hate Me) (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
02. The Notorious B.I.G. - Let’s Get It On (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
03. The Notorious B.I.G. ft. Lil Kim & Puffy - Notorious (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
04. The Notorious B.I.G. - One Last Chance (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
05. The Notorious B.I.G. - B.I.G.’s Different (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
06. The Notorious B.I.G. ft. Lil Kim – All About The Benjamins feat. Lil Kim (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
07. The Notorious B.I.G. - Spread Love (J.PERIOD Cool Out Remix) (Exclusive)
08. The Notorious B.I.G. - Hey Ma (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
09. The Notorious B.I.G. - Warning Message (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
10. The Notorious B.I.G. ft. Lil Kim & Jay Z - Queen B (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
11. The Notorious B.I.G. - Welcome to Brooklyn (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
12. The Notorious B.I.G. ft. Jay Electronica - In the System (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
13. The Notorious B.I.G. ft. Jay Z - The Better Moves (Interlude)
14. The Notorious B.I.G. - Sky’s The Limit (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
15. The Notorious B.I.G. ft. Snoop Dogg -Media Hype (Interlude)
16. The Notorious B.I.G. - Dreams & Nightmares (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
17. The Notorious B.I.G. - You’re Nobody (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
18. The Notorious B.I.G. - Beamer Benz (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
19. The Notorious B.I.G. - Armed & Dangerous (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
20. The Notorious B.I.G. ft. T.I. - The One In Front Of The Gun (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
21. The Notorious B.I.G. - Darkness Falls (J.PERIOD Remix) (Exclusive)
22. The Notorious B.I.G. - Party & Bullsh*t (Ratatat Remix) (Exclusive) *Bonus

Music Meeting
01. Beyonce - Partition (Columbia Records)
02. Pete Marriott ft. ft. Mr. Man (Da' Bush Babees), Killah Trakz, DVS Jackson Esq. and Otomatik - Let’s Make Some Noise (The BRKLYN Collection)
03. Juicy J ft. Chris Brown & Wiz Khalifa - Talkin’ Bout (Columbia Records)
04. Pharoahe Monch - Bad Motherf***er (W.A.R. Media)
05. Will.i.am ft. Miley Cyrus, French Montana & Wiz Khalifa - Feelin’ Myself (Interscope)
06. Inspired People ft. Charles Jenkins - Real Love (Inspired People Music)
07. Eminem ft. Nate Ruess - Headlights (Interscope)
08. Nyzzy Nyce - Nights Like This (Hurricane Music Group LLC/3D)

Download: http://mixtape.1200s...20Address%3E%3E

#2 Grifty-Rodriguez

Grifty-Rodriguez

STMB Tapatío

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Burritos, HipHop
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/grifty

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

Hype

#3 SunnyMeadowz

SunnyMeadowz

The Royal Dutch of Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts
  • Interests:Weed, Pussy, Records (In no particular order)

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

Hype

THIS.

Who the fuck writes like that?!?!? That was the most pretentious 'review' I've come across in a whiiiiiiile.

#4 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

Who the fuck writes like that?!?!?

Self facilitating media nodes / cockmunchers

#5 CertafiedBluntHead

CertafiedBluntHead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

Hype

THIS.

nah, you dudes don't get it, he's trying to have a conversation, you're making this about him

#6 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Vancouver, BC

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

THIS.

Who the fuck writes like that?!?!? That was the most pretentious 'review' I've come across in a whiiiiiiile.

SMH...That wasn't a review. And NO I didn't write it. You're obviously just hating on J. Period's mixtape for Cornerstone because I'm featured on it. I get it, you hate me that much that you'll hate on anyone or anything associated with me. I just wonder what's going to happen when we're officially ready to announce the big news, are you going to leave STMB then?

#7 Dirty Cyclist

Dirty Cyclist

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:Music and bikes

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

tiresome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users