• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#61 Flip Chillson

Flip Chillson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

all that sodium is not good for your soul or your sanity grifty.
very well said pete, and dawhud is right, this topic is above hype.
  • DJ Pete Marriott likes this

#62 DELCO

DELCO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Hype

Announce your music, shows, sales, ebay, flyers

It is wonderful that everyone and anyone can express themselves creatively, and Pete, I am glad that you are inspired and enthused enough to share your music with STMB.

I believe that this tension coming from your topic is from your hubris. And objectively, this is a trait that people are not attracted to.

Music has extraordinary powers, as we all know. If your album is as phenomenal as you say it is, all you need is a drop not to leave the faucet on.

You generally advised to "keep it moving", I think you should do the same.

#63 DAWHUD

DAWHUD

Sucker free since 79!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:www.basementaddicts.com
  • Soundcloud:www.soundcloud.com/dawhud

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

But dawhud said it for me you think you're above the hype thread. You think you're better than that.

Woah homie, you're taking what I said out of context. I was saying a topic like this is above what would be in the hype section. Demo joints, mixes, remixes... hype. You're an established member, people know you and something of yours bubbles up, it's a general topic. When Jonwayne was posting here on a regular basis, ish wasn't in the hype section. (BOOM)

#64 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Location:Brooklyn, NY | Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Vancouver, BC

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

Woah homie, you're taking what I said out of context. I was saying a topic like this is above what would be in the hype section. Demo joints, mixes, remixes... hype. You're an established member, people know you and something of yours bubbles up, it's a general topic. When Jonwayne was posting here on a regular basis, ish wasn't in the hype section. (BOOM)

Peace Dawhud,

I read what you said the first time and knew exactly what you were saying so no worries.

As I re-read the continued gross distortions and vitriolic conjecture made by my persistent detractors, I see they still fail to realize that I have been following the rules all along and will continue to do so. Despite their ultra faulty objections, it's cognitively clear to anyone with balanced reasoning that I'm not the one causing any trouble or building any tension here, they are. It appears at the present moment that they are overtly engaged in their own wounded uber sized egos to realize this fact and so they repeatedly expose themselves shamefully.

Anyway....Hopefully they will put a cease to their negativity and we can all focus on some positive shit.

Here's what the DJs in Cornerstone's system are saying about the joints on my album.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The universe is good. :D

#65 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Interests:crates, paint, sashimi, sticks of sherm.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

it's not even like the Hype section is a graveyard everyone ignores...i've seen plenty of cats get their shine through there, via the proper channels. i'm gonna stay neutral on this one, but i can totally see Grifty's point when Pete posts a new thread like this every single week. i mean, it's one thing to post some great news about your project...but then there's this one, there's the visual album thread, there's the thread that was teasing this album, there's the shameless "Post Your Instagram" thread (which i admit i contributed to lol), etc.

at some point, we as an online community have to draw a line in the sand and say, "enough" haha. i mean, the album's sounding pretty good-- and i follow Pete and all that good stuff-- but Jesus, man, why not just make a super thread and call it "look at me people i'm way better than you, check me out". it just seems a little self-congratulatory after a while...and this is coming from a fan. let your music speak for itself, we'll be aware whether your stuff does well or not if the music is really up to snuff. i know it's coming from a genuine place, but these marketing tactics feel like someone of a wayyyyyy lower caliber than you, Pete.

#66 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

it's not even like the Hype section is a graveyard everyone ignores...i've seen plenty of cats get their shine through there, via the proper channels. i'm gonna stay neutral on this one, but i can totally see Grifty's point when Pete posts a new thread like this every single week. i mean, it's one thing to post some great news about your project...but then there's this one, there's the visual album thread, there's the thread that was teasing this album, there's the shameless "Post Your Instagram" thread (which i admit i contributed to lol), etc.

at some point, we as an online community have to draw a line in the sand and say, "enough" haha. i mean, the album's sounding pretty good-- and i follow Pete and all that good stuff-- but Jesus, man, why not just make a super thread and call it "look at me people i'm way better than you, check me out". it just seems a little self-congratulatory after a while...and this is coming from a fan. let your music speak for itself, we'll be aware whether your stuff does well or not if the music is really up to snuff. i know it's coming from a genuine place, but these marketing tactics feel like someone of a wayyyyyy lower caliber than you, Pete.

James..

If there was any truth about my posting a new post every week then your statement would be a valid one, but you voided your credibility instantly when you cited the post I made on December 13, 2013 about Beyonce's Visual Album and how she pretty much introduced a new business model for the album it was one of the hateful haters that's always hating who twisted the discussion around and made it about me because they were angry that a discussion about Beyonce and how she revolutionized the industry was on the boards.

I never made any such post teasing the album. So what are you talking about??? :wacko:

Maybe you're confusing me with whoever that was who made that idiotic poll about my album. If my memory serves correct it was shortly after the Beyonce post.

The Instagram post I made on October 15th to build with others outside of STMB is shameless?

Let's see...

I made a post a few weeks after Instagram's video feature became available to Android users like myself. Got excited about it and shared my Instagram handle .Followed those like yourself and since then liked whatever pics or videos I run across in my Instagram feed since then. I follow far more people on Instagram than people follow me so sometimes I don't catch everything.

Perhaps you should actually pay attention to the boards and the discussions within before making nonfactual and almost libelous comments, especially given this one has not broken any rules.

As for this post:

Sharing factual information with actual data, metrics, interviews, feedback and how it's done as it's coming in a consolidated post is not marketing...it's sharing. Maybe if certain people wasn't so spiteful they might learn something, but instead they're upset that it's not them so they're making it about me and being disruptive.

I'm not going to apologize for my candor, because it's not my fault if others are unhappy with themselves, and because of that they feel a need to scapegoat me with their negativity. I can't help them with their problems and I'm not into coddling other people's wounded uber sized egos. If they can't handle the truth then, then they can't handle the truth.

If you want to learn something new, then stick around, if not; then kick rocks son, you're disturbing the positive vibes in the classroom with your negativity.

#67 DELCO

DELCO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

James..

wounded uber sized egos.

W.U.S.E.

Make a song titled this.

One verse about your W.U.S.E. and another about your hater's W.U.S.E.

By the way I am wondering how many people have been soured about P. Marriott release because of his obnoxious internet presents/typings?
Enough to not listen nor buy his shit?
  • James Frank. likes this

#68 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

W.U.S.E.

Make a song titled this.

One verse about your W.U.S.E. and another about your hater's W.U.S.E.

By the way I am wondering how many people have been soured about P. Marriott release because of his obnoxious internet presents/typings?
Enough to not listen nor buy his shit?

LMAO! The only egos that's wounded here are yours. Although I do like the title you created, I'm not interested in making records about you or any other hateful haters that's always hating. Perhaps you and your buddies can huddle up and make a stupid hate song about me.

#69 Flip Chillson

Flip Chillson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

these salty dudes banging on pete and losing badly.
some people don't know how to take a L.

#70 mangoes cash

mangoes cash

STMB Deluxe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5MogMGLWAA
#No Dick Ryda
  • Chason likes this

#71 CertafiedBluntHead

CertafiedBluntHead

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

the post I made on December 13, 2013 about Beyonce's Visual Album and how she pretty much introduced a new business model for the album it was one of the hateful haters that's always hating who twisted the discussion around and made it about me because they were angry that a discussion about Beyonce and how she revolutionized the industry was on the boards.

)

no, it was you who twisted the conversation into being about your album and wanting to try to follow the same model of hers that 'revolutionized the industry', and the conversation was ACTUALLY more about how people thought it wasn't actually such a revolutionary idea, that in some ways it wasn't that new or revolutionary, and her specific case worked so well because of other factors involving her fame and fan base, and all you could do was argue that we were wrong because of your insider perspective, presumably because you already made it clear that you had your heart set on trying to do the same thing, it was YOU who brought up your album following the same video release model multiple times, so it seems pretty natural that your album became the example in the conversation of why this model might not work for all artists

Sharing factual information with actual data, metrics, interviews, feedback and how it's done as it's coming in a consolidated post is not marketing...it's sharing. Maybe if certain people wasn't so spiteful they might learn something

like how to be your own PR dude and hype your own shit??

don't be so obtuse, you know exactly why you are getting shit (STOP UPDATING YOUR OWN THREAD(S) WITH PRESS RELEASE PIECES, ESPECIALLY WHEN NOBODY IS RESPONDING, ITS BLATANTLY PERSONAL HYPE, IT'S IN THE WRONG SECTION, AND CLEARLY THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO FIND IT ANNOYING ENOUGH TO CALL YOU OUT ON THE RULES OF THE BOARD), and while a good portion of the posts were most certainly petty and they don't represent every ones opinion of you , your posting (plugging) style has rubbed enough people the wrong way that they feel the need to take some shots at you, instead of constantly defending yourself like there is no logical reason why you are getting shit, why not just let these threads die and start a thread in the hype section, bump it all day long, anybody who was interested will find their way there, and i would bet after all this bullshit all the 'pete marriott bullies' would be over it (until you inevitably make your way back to the talk section to talk about another project you're involved in in the future)

#72 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

James..

If there was any truth about my posting a new post every week then your statement would be a valid one, but you voided your credibility instantly when you cited.......................................(cont. for several paragraphs)

^^^^ tl;dr

so i'm "salty" because i have criticisms for him haha...alright, sure-- go ahead, keep doing your thing and just bulldozing over every single naysayer you come across Pete. you're smart, we're dumb, we don't have "valid" criticisms because blah blah blah...apparently it makes no diff whether i'm a troll, a hater, or an actual fan of his shit like i just said in the last post-- because if i have anything negative to say, it'll provoke a long-winded response of Pete doing rhetorical acrobatics to show everyone here that he's right and i'm wrong. okay, cool. you know what, do whatever you want Pete-- you're special. you're above everyone else on here, don't mind us peons when we say something to you coming from our unbiased perspective cause you're the greatest hip-hop legend of all time. here, i even made a thread for you:

http://www.stonesthr...showtopic=25733

have a nice day. you sure know how to treat your fanbase well... #REALHIPHOP

#73 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

here, i even made a thread for you:

Me channeling my inner Pete:

Smh. You Haterade sipping hating haters. You couldn't possibly be a real fan. Real fans only say positive things. You can't seriously believe that I am promoting myself in any way. I am sharing. Go back to Hatertown you hate-filled hater. I don't care what you say if it's not praising me, but I will certainly respond if you do with a thousand word essay. #Realhiphop #Yallbesalty

I'm just goofing you Pete, the album is hot and I couldn't give a fuck about who posts what in any thread beacuse it doesn't really matter.

#74 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

Sometimes i wonder what pete thinks about some of the albums that we have been commenting on here on the boards like rock konducta and madgibbs or any of the stonesthrow related albums... but its not like hes obligated to comment on those. Petes album is pretty dope, not what im into at the moment but its not bad music at all. I think people just get annoyed that hes on a stonesthrow message board hyping his own shit and boasting about it on a consistent basis, which there is nothing wrong with you should be confident and happy about your shit but alot of the shit is too extra imo but people are who they are i dont know his backround n at the end of the day ur not harming anyone so....

#75 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

)

no, it was you who twisted the conversation into being about your album and wanting to try to follow the same model of hers that 'revolutionized the industry', and the conversation was ACTUALLY more about how people thought it wasn't actually such a revolutionary idea, that in some ways it wasn't that new or revolutionary, and her specific case worked so well because of other factors involving her fame and fan base, and all you could do was argue that we were wrong because of your insider perspective, presumably because you already made it clear that you had your heart set on trying to do the same thing, it was YOU who brought up your album following the same video release model multiple times, so it seems pretty natural that your album became the example in the conversation of why this model might not work for all artists

like how to be your own PR dude and hype your own shit??

don't be so obtuse, you know exactly why you are getting shit (STOP UPDATING YOUR OWN THREAD(S) WITH PRESS RELEASE PIECES, ESPECIALLY WHEN NOBODY IS RESPONDING, ITS BLATANTLY PERSONAL HYPE, IT'S IN THE WRONG SECTION, AND CLEARLY THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO FIND IT ANNOYING ENOUGH TO CALL YOU OUT ON THE RULES OF THE BOARD), and while a good portion of the posts were most certainly petty and they don't represent every ones opinion of you , your posting (plugging) style has rubbed enough people the wrong way that they feel the need to take some shots at you, instead of constantly defending yourself like there is no logical reason why you are getting shit, why not just let these threads die and start a thread in the hype section, bump it all day long, anybody who was interested will find their way there, and i would bet after all this bullshit all the 'pete marriott bullies' would be over it (until you inevitably make your way back to the talk section to talk about another project you're involved in in the future)

I don't mix my weed with hallucinogens which is possibly why I stay lucid.

^^^^ tl;dr

so i'm "salty" because i have criticisms for him haha...alright, sure-- go ahead, keep doing your thing and just bulldozing over every single naysayer you come across Pete. you're smart, we're dumb, we don't have "valid" criticisms because blah blah blah...apparently it makes no diff whether i'm a troll, a hater, or an actual fan of his shit like i just said in the last post-- because if i have anything negative to say, it'll provoke a long-winded response of Pete doing rhetorical acrobatics to show everyone here that he's right and i'm wrong. okay, cool. you know what, do whatever you want Pete-- you're special. you're above everyone else on here, don't mind us peons when we say something to you coming from our unbiased perspective cause you're the greatest hip-hop legend of all time. here, i even made a thread for you:

*Double Yawns and stretch*

Me channeling my inner Pete:

Smh. You Haterade sipping hating haters. You couldn't possibly be a real fan. Real fans only say positive things. You can't seriously believe that I am promoting myself in any way. I am sharing. Go back to Hatertown you hate-filled hater. I don't care what you say if it's not praising me, but I will certainly respond if you do with a thousand word essay. #Realhiphop #Yallbesalty

I'm just goofing you Pete, the album is hot and I couldn't give a fuck about who posts what in any thread beacuse it doesn't really matter.

Uh huh...yeah just what I thought. It's so transparent this campaign has been organized. I wonder who designed it? I still say you guys should make a stupid hate song, it would be more entertaining. Keep it going, you're only exposing yourself.

#76 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

anybody else notice Pete's compulsion to answer every single person that "disses" him, lol? #realhiphop

#77 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5MogMGLWAA
#No Dick Ryda

I once sampled that for a joint I produced back in 1996 about abusive officers in the NYPD
http://youtu.be/hiDuK_vULJA
  • mangoes cash likes this

#78 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

anybody else notice Pete's compulsion to answer every single person that "disses" him, lol? #realhiphop

Ever notice how those who disses me have been distorting the facts?
  • James Frank. likes this

#79 orchidthegreat

orchidthegreat

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Ever notice how those who disses me have been distorting the facts?

I didn't diss you and said I was goofing but you threw me into the "campaign". So it's you, who technically is distorting facts on that one.

#80 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

I'm just saying if you come at me firing shots, then come at me truthfully and factually, but instead you cats are shooting aimless blanks. Everything I pointed out and said has been the absolute truth. I've yet see one completely honest rail against me from any of my detractors. I could be an asshole to you guys if I wanted to, but instead I let your wounded uber sized egos do that to yourselves.

#81 Flip Chillson

Flip Chillson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

onamonapia

#82 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

Pete if we are going to talk about truth and facts could you please just post your complete discography up here. Because you state that you are a veteran major label hiphop record producer, but I've never heard of you, or heard of you being associated with any significant artists beyond a Chubb Rock bside/remix in '88. Your Discogs page is lightweight given the image you are attempting to project so forcefully.

All information available about you on the web appears to be self generated PR schtick, or 'interviews' with random Australian bloggers whom I have also never heard of.

You talk about having a digital analogue hybrid studio with a vintage analogue mixing desk, but that Tascam desk is just a consumer grade mixer for garage band / house of worship / conference type use, and would have cost about 2 grand new. When producers talk about vintage analogue mixers, they are speaking of desks that cost tens of thousands that have been used on many notable productions; SSL, Neve, Toft, Trident, API etc.

You don't come across as lucid, more delusional and paranoid; the notion that there might be an organised campaign of hate against you is ridiculous. It's just the way that you put yourself across irritates people. Can we please dispense with the notion that if somebody doesn't accept whatever you claim at face value, they are a 'hater', or they are somehow psychologically mal-adjusted, or they are mad about their career or whatever. If you are going to make bold claims and run your mouth off, people are going to question that, and the burden of proof really lies with you.
I have never encountered an artist of significance who has felt the need to conduct themselves in the way that you do, because they wouldn't need to. I have said it before, there are so many who have achieved so much more than you, but are humble and down to earth human beings.

Your digital self release is ok, not crap, not very coherent in style and theme, not what you might expect after 10 years in the making by a veteran major label hiphop record producer. Obviously not mixed by a professional mixing engineer, but a decent home mix. The mastering engineer did well with it. If you look at your plays on soundcloud/youtube most people listen to the 1st track, a few fewer listen to the second and so on.

Let's be clear, I don't hate you, I have no reason to, I just think you're a lying prick.
  • SwampThing, GC90 and gEEchieDan like this

#83 gEEchieDan

gEEchieDan

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Boxing, Music, STMB, Madlib...
  • Soundcloud:geechiedan

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Pete if we are going to talk about truth and facts could you please just post your complete discography up here. Because you state that you are a veteran major label hiphop record producer, but I've never heard of you, or heard of you being associated with any significant artists beyond a Chubb Rock bside/remix in '88. Your Discogs page is lightweight given the image you are attempting to project so forcefully.

All information available about you on the web appears to be self generated PR schtick, or 'interviews' with random Australian bloggers whom I have also never heard of.

You talk about having a digital analogue hybrid studio with a vintage analogue mixing desk, but that Tascam desk is just a consumer grade mixer for garage band / house of worship / conference type use, and would have cost about 2 grand new. When producers talk about vintage analogue mixers, they are speaking of desks that cost tens of thousands that have been used on many notable productions; SSL, Neve, Toft, Trident, API etc.

You don't come across as lucid, more delusional and paranoid; the notion that there might be an organised campaign of hate against you is ridiculous. It's just the way that you put yourself across irritates people. Can we please dispense with the notion that if somebody doesn't accept whatever you claim at face value, they are a 'hater', or they are somehow psychologically mal-adjusted, or they are mad about their career or whatever. If you are going to make bold claims and run your mouth off, people are going to question that, and the burden of proof really lies with you.
I have never encountered an artist of significance who has felt the need to conduct themselves in the way that you do, because they wouldn't need to. I have said it before, there are so many who have achieved so much more than you, but are humble and down to earth human beings.

Your digital self release is ok, not crap, not very coherent in style and theme, not what you might expect after 10 years in the making by a veteran major label hiphop record producer. Obviously not mixed by a professional mixing engineer, but a decent home mix. The mastering engineer did well with it. If you look at your plays on soundcloud/youtube most people listen to the 1st track, a few fewer listen to the second and so on.

Let's be clear, I don't hate you, I have no reason to, I just think you're a lying prick.

well.... damn lmaoooooooooo!!!!!
  • SwampThing likes this

#84 MWBOOGIE

MWBOOGIE

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/nick-papadopoulos-2

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Berry Woods you seem to attack Pete for nothing at all. He is making music and that music has hit the charts. What exactly have you done with your own music.

Pete has endorsement deals; Pete has released on major and indie labels; Pete has produced and worked with notable acts: You can find proof here:::: https://www.facebook...33130711&type=3

Endorsed by this media service: https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia ik includes Pete's work by the bounty-ik posts about Pete often.

Endorsed by FL Studio: http://www.image-lin.../powerusers.php

More about Pete via these blogs: http://www.kevinnott...adio-this-week/

More blog shine: http://potholesinmyb...ew-series-ep-1/ http://potholesinmyb...ew-series-ep-1/

An interview, too: http://archive.is/qXu1N
how could so many CREDIBLE people in the music industry co-sign, interview and endorse Pete if his work want 100????????

How could Pete have been signed to so many labels and have artists like: Mr. Man of Da' Bush Babees, Benz of Dreknotz, Jazz of Whistle and Junclassic of Monsta Island Czars on his album if they never heard of him or didn't know him? I mean are they not grown ass, accomplished acts?

#85 Flip Chillson

Flip Chillson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

berry woods if pete wasn't in the industry like you say,
then how do you explain this video from 1993?

http://youtu.be/FCCv-RlMlno

large professor, clark kent are legends!
and pete is sitting right next to them.
explain that video berry woods, is it special fx?
did pete go back in time and change the future?

i think i know who the lying prick is and it's not pete.

Berry Woods you seem to attack Pete for nothing at all. He is making music and that music has hit the charts. What exactly have you done with your own music.

Pete has endorsement deals; Pete has released on major and indie labels; Pete has produced and worked with notable acts: You can find proof here:::: https://www.facebook...33130711&type=3

Endorsed by this media service: https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia ik includes Pete's work by the bounty-ik posts about Pete often.

Endorsed by FL Studio: http://www.image-lin.../powerusers.php

More about Pete via these blogs: http://www.kevinnott...adio-this-week/

More blog shine: http://potholesinmyb...ew-series-ep-1/ http://potholesinmyb...ew-series-ep-1/

An interview, too: http://archive.is/qXu1N
how could so many CREDIBLE people in the music industry co-sign, interview and endorse Pete if his work want 100????????

How could Pete have been signed to so many labels and have artists like: Mr. Man of Da' Bush Babees, Benz of Dreknotz, Jazz of Whistle and Junclassic of Monsta Island Czars on his album if they never heard of him or didn't know him? I mean are they not grown ass, accomplished acts?

http://youtu.be/zsTRxXvQY0s

#86 James Frank.

James Frank.

Rookie of the Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

I've yet see one completely honest rail against me from any of my detractors.

of course you haven't...... #realhiphop

#87 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

Look I don't have to be a superbowl winning quarterback, or even a journeyman quarterback to say that Peyton Manning choked at the superbowl. I don't need to be able to write code to tell you that some video games are great, some are average, and some are mediocre. I don't have to be releasing music to offer a critique of somebody's musical output. That argument isn't logical. There are benchmarks of excellence in any medium, in any genre.

Who the fuck is Kevin Nottingham etc. that I should be mindful? Those interviews read very similar to Pete's wiki page and bio spiel. Where are the interviews, press, and most importantly records from between 88 and when he started self releasing late 2000's. I haven't said Pete hasn't been in the industry, he was clearly on the periphery of it at some point back in the day, I'm saying it appears that he is massively embellishing his current status. If you find Pete's web presence convincing, ok. I don't

What the fuck have I lied about? I am asking the question.

If you went to a house party, and you met a guy there who said "I am a veteran major label hiphop record producer", surely the first thing you would say is "cool,what records have you worked on?" Followed quickly by "who have you worked with?" You would then be expecting that person to give up the goods, and if he couldn't you would conclude that he was full of shit.

Pete you have been up in this liking peoples posts, why don't you post up your discography. I'm quite happy to eat the humble pie if you can serve it up.

#88 Berry Woods

Berry Woods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:34 PM

I would like to say that i am in no way dissing any rappers who appear on Pete's record, there are many skilled rappers out there who are not getting the props they deserve or making a living off it full time, regardless of what they might have achieved in the past. Let's be honest, if anybody had offered Pete a 50k advance and a say a Guilty Simpson feature he would have leapt on it, he got the rappers he could get.

#89 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

First of all Berry Woods I don’t need to project any type of image. I pride myself on my candor and if you don’t like it, then that’s on you. As for your question about my online discography I’m not concerned with that right now. You’re lucky I’m even entertaining you right now.

Where’s your discography Berry Woods?..... Oh I forgot…. it don’t exist.

Now that is absolutely not true. First of all, I don’t generate shit. If I get an interview request, I accept it only if I think the person making the request is someone I believe I can trust to not distort or change my words around.

I was never into fame and I’ve successfully avoided taking interviews during the 80’s and 90’s to avoid it and at times pissed off quite a few of my former managers and label publicists because of it. They didn’t get it.

I don’t trust the hip hop media, I’m a very strong believer in being actual and factual. So if I grant an interview it’s because of I believe in that person’s integrity not to twist my words around like some of you arehave done.

John Book who’s a very respected music journalist has interviewed me several times as well Mista Vee a musician himself from Australia who actually a fan of my records. Unlike you he and John Book are very honest and forthright people that why I let them interview me.

I recently turned down a very well known
writer/editor from a Seattle publication a few days ago, because they did not want to do a Q&A . If I can’t be certain that the interview will be accurate and true to my word, then I wants no parts of it, so I passed on their request.

Looks like NW Booogie and Flip Wilson found a few interviews and videos online, but there’s actually more than that out there so dig them up if you want. I know I’m not. You’re not important enough for me to do it.

That Tascam M2600 MK2 console is not consumer grade, and it’s the very same console a few classic hip hop albums were recorded with back in the days. So many of your favorite producers from the 90’s had that very same Tascam console or the even less expensive Mackie or Bheringer consoles in their home studios which all the beats, the vocals and scratches were tracked with and then mixed at a larger facility.

That’s how we saved on budget money back in the days. Studios I worked out cost @225.00 per Hour. If you only knew how long it took to mix a record back then, you’d shut the fuck up.

I’ve mixed on MCI, Neve, SSL and Harrison Consoles with Upton automation systems. I worked with legendary NY engineers like Eric Roache who I spoke with last night about his forthcoming visit to Seattle.

As you may not realize my album was released by
IK Multimedia a very reputable developer and manufacture of music technology. I mixed the album using the entire cadre of T-RackS plugins which are by far some of the most accurate models of console channel strips like the SSL Series, compressors like the Neve and Limiters like the Universal Audio and EQ’s like the Pultecs

All the gear I grew up working with in NYC based studios such as
UniqueRecordings where I made records with the Boogie Boys, Black Britain, Tony Terry, Brenda K. Starr to name a few.

Or
Power Play Studios where I made records with Ari Up who if you’re a punk fan you might know from the Slits.

JMJ Studios and Chung King during my time as an in-house Producer/Engineer for JMJ productions which I worked with Jam Master Jay too many times to count.

Funky Slice Studios where I worked with DJ AD (Queen Latifah’s DJ)

Lancaster Studios, AG Productions, Kingston Studios, Brooklyn Sound Lab, Right Track, Baseline, Marthon, INS, Great Jones Studios, Motion Blur, The Roache Motel 1, 2 & 3, Bayside Studios.

My point is
IK Multimedia and me have a solid working relationship because I will not endorse any product I do not believe in. I uninstalled my Pro Tools HD and switched back to FL Studio because FL studio is far more advanced and a much more powerful DAW.

Oh please! You’re so full of shit that I’m going to give you a pass on that one on account that you’re of the pussyish ilk. You don’t know me, never been around me and would never say that to my face so get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

Let’s get something straight it’s not a self release as you suggest.

What you said about the mix is not only dishonest, but just plain wrong.

Sorry if you don’t have good hearing or a clear understanding of what dynamic range is, but perhaps if you stop listening to over-compressed music with overpriced low performance headphones on cheaply made smartphones, you might actually have a chance to hear the mix properly.

Barry Corliss is a Grammy Winning professional Mastering Engineer who also worked with Macklemore and fellow Seattle based producers Jake One and Vitamin D to name a few and trust me if the final mix don’t sound good to him he will not master it. Barry does not play that shit,because his name goes on the record too.

Also there’s a lot mix show DJs worldwide that would disagree with you and your opinion about my album. If you’d like I can post more quotes from the DJs themselves. Or you can go back through the post and see the very few I posted thus far.

No Berry, the only prick telling lies here is you. Too bad you’re just a smelly coward hiding behind a computer alias. I’m out here with my Government name and my face telling it like it is.

Dawhud will tell you for himself, I don't hold back. I say exactly what's on my mind and to whoever, cause I don't give a fuck.

I wasted enough time on the likes of you, now pardon me as I walk down the hall to my studio where I’ll be working on a joint for my upcoming album with Mr. Man (of Da’ Bush Babees) who by the way is on my current radio single. http://www.1200squad...ake-some-noise/
  • Berry Woods likes this

#90 DJ Pete Marriott

DJ Pete Marriott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

I would like to say that i am in no way dissing any rappers who appear on Pete's record, there are many skilled rappers out there who are not getting the props they deserve or making a living off it full time, regardless of what they might have achieved in the past. Let's be honest, if anybody had offered Pete a 50k advance and a say a Guilty Simpson feature he would have leapt on it, he got the rappers he could get.

Hey asshole, how about you stop lying and read some of the interviews with the words from the artists themselves. Everything about the album from the charts, the DJ reviews to artists interviews has been consolidated in this post. Maybe if you stop hating and actually read what others are saying you might learn something you punk.
  • Berry Woods likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users